“great food, but got extremely ill one hour afterward”
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plumsteadville
Plumsteadville Inn
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Frequented the Inn in the past, and was happy to see it reopened. However, our party of three was seated too close to the Monday nite line dance activities. Our waitress was training a new staff member and was awesome, but when asked to be reseated, it was not received well by the other staff. The food was great. However, one hour after I left I became extremely ill. I called the Inn the next two days to give them a heads up, so others might not be affected. Called 3x total and asked for the manager each time, who never came to the phone. Did leave the info with 2 different staff members, who said perhaps it was the Bearnaise sauce,and they disposed of this daily. Nothing else was mentioned. Note; whatever this was, I was started on antibiotics day four of illness. I am really disappointed in how this situation was handled.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jillski440

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've been to the newly renovated Plumsteadville Inn twice since it reopened in January. I had a very pleasant dining experience both times. The food was very good and I found the wait staff to be friendly and attentive. They have a diverse menu with something for everyone. I enjoyed the piano player the first time (he did not play my most recent visit) and particularly enjoy the tavern environment with the fireplace, large screen TV and table or booth seating. Given the separated layout ("fine dining" vs tavern fare) you can find an environment suitable for almost any type of group.

Room Tip: I believe B & B is not yet operative. Also, Sunday Brunch will resume in mid-April as I understa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rbeach
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I really want to like this place, but they are making it very hard. My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day here and we both walked away angry. First off, we had a reservation for 8:00 and didn't get to our table until almost 8:30. We had brought drinks from the bar and it's a good thing because our server didn't even ask if we wanted anything more drink. It then took our server about 20 minutes to take our order and then another 30 minutes to bring our salad and our requested drinks. Forget water refills. The server clearly did not know the menu very well because I pointed at the glass of wine I wanted and she brought a bottle. By the time we got our food, about 90 minutes had gone by. I ordered the lamb and my husband ordered scallops. They were both sub par. The scallops were rubbery and the lamb, while tender, had very little flavor. After we received the bill, the server disappeared. We finally threw money at the check and left after sitting in the restaurant for about 2.5 hours. I will not be returning for a long time.

1  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We went to the inn (which is under NEW ownership) to celebrate our 14th anniversary. Everyone was great from the hostess to the water person to the waiter . The food was served quickly and was hot, even though there was a large fundraiser going on. The serving size was more than enough! Yes, we even took a doggie bag home!!!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had dinner there last night, a Saturday night. Our party of six had a 7:00 reservation but were given a beeper, waited in the VERY loud and crowded bar and were finally seated in the tavern (after expecting to be seated in the garden room) room at 8:00! Then we had a VERY long wait for our food and then our bill. The waitstaff were young and inexperienced. We did not leave there until after 10:00 p.m. The food was inconsistent - my husband's filet was excellent, he says, as was our friend's $28 veal chop. Another in our group ordered the shrimp & scallop special but after about half an hour of waiting, was told they were out of the special. My $20 Chicken Oscar was just okay, served lukewarm and the breading was soggy. We complained to the very nice, very busy manager and were compensated with a $75 gift card. Will we return? Well, since we now have the gift card, I suppose. Plus, the renovations in the place are wonderful. The beers were priced very well at $4.50-$5, but the $8+ wines were "measured" in the glasses (oh how I hate that!). I would give it another try, but not on a Saturday night - way too crowded. After all, it IS The Plumsteadville Inn and I really, really want to love the place. Hopefully, the kinks will be worked out over time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We went to the newly renovated Plumsteadville Inn on a Friday night. The place was packed and we sat at the bar, which was great. We were immediately greeted and provided our drinks along with menus.

We ordered the stuffed mushrooms which were 3 medium sized shrooms and quite good. We both ordered salads: the wedge was slightly small but it was good and the cobb salad was large with a nice amount of bacon and blue cheese. The only issue with the cobb salad was the avocado was browning and probably shouldn't have been 'center stage'.

Nonetheless, the food was good, the bar was fun and the piano player (which I am normally not a fan of) was just fine. Definitely will be going there again to try some of the other items on the menu.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The old reviews for the Plumsteadville Inn no longer apply - this is a new place! It has been renovated with a new menu and great food. My wife and I went for valentine's Day to try out the new place. We were VERY pleasantly surprised. The food was really good and the prices were reasonable. The Cesare Salad was crisp and tasty, Appetizers are half off during happy hour (4 to 6 pm) and drink are $1.00 off too...great deal. We had the Kobe beef sliders and scallops wrapped with bacon - delicious. My friend had the Fettuccine Alfredo and it was excellent.
Please ignore the prior reviews of the Old Plumsteadville Inn which struggled because the food was poor - this is a new place with really good food at a good price... GO and give it a try! They deserve a second look.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plumsteadville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
#2 of 2 in Warrington
Lambertville Station Inn
Lambertville Station Inn
#1 of 2 in Lambertville

Been to Plumsteadville Inn? Share your experiences!