“Disappointing Dining Experience”
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plumsteadville
Plumsteadville Inn
Wrightstown
“Disappointing Dining Experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Rubber Chicken, Bland Hamburger, tasteless rolls, our service good but other servers seemed unprofessional and sloppy. The decor may be nice, it stops there,
Need much better management, need to oversee servers better and use better quality meats.
table remained uncleared for longer than comfortable

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zeus002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We all met at the bar before going to the dining room- the bar is very comfortable and beautiful- lots of atmosphere and ambiance- very pleasant and fun. We also met new friendly people from outside the area and enjoyed making new friends. From there we went to the dining room- very comfortable, fun, great atmosphere again. The wait staff was very very friendly and accomodating- we were treated very nicely and attentively. The manager was available and "hands on" for our questions and requests. The food was very very good and priced well- we felt that the value was good. Over all we had a very fun and enjoyable evening and I felt very justified in inviting my friends to join to us at the Inn- we are very happy to have the Plumsteadville back again- new owners with a vision of what we all long for from the past and memorable Plumsteadville Inn- bringing back the good times.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was anticipating trying this historic, local landmark and had been waiting a few months for them to get acclimated after it reopened under new ownership. I had dined there years ago and the food and service was mediocre at best.

We were promptly seated by a young, friendly hostess, but we waited more than 10 minutes before a server came to our table (1pm on a Sunday afternoon, only 2 other tables). She seemed a bit off-put that we wanted to place our food and drink orders at the same time (as we had ample opportunity to peruse the menu nonetheless). It took her another 10+ minutes to get two sodas to our table. No problem, there were 6 flat screen tv's in the DINING ROOM to keep us distracted. I can understand a few tv's in the bar area or at a sports bar, but if I'm going out to dine at an establishment such as this (a 260 year old inn), I do not want to hear, nor watch Sports Center on Espn while sitting at my table . It really degraded from the overall atmosphere of an otherwise quaint, antiquated room .

Also, the layout of the tables in the dining room was crowded and difficult to navigate around for the patrons and the servers. Another diner had to pull his chair up to the table for us to get to our seats and another one had to grab the back of my fiance's chair as he stumbled through the cluttered room. Not a very conducive setting for servers or diners.

The food was good and flavorful. A rare ahi tuna sandwich for me and a hot pastrami sandwich for my fiance. This was the only highlight of our dining experience.

Now for the bill. My fiance put his credit card into the folio and when our server came to retrieve it, she promptly asked if we needed change! I have served in an upscale, dining environment and I am currently in the industry. By ANY restaurants' standards, that comment would be considered an offensive, tactless, faux paux (this was not a young, inexperienced server, she was definitely in her 40's). This comment made it awkward for us to convey that we were paying with a credit card! Strike three for our server who never even told us her name.

I may give this restaurant another try in the future, but not anytime soon. On a first impression, a poor server can ruin a good meal and the promise of a potential repeat customer unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Foodiebuckscounty

Travellers are raving about these Plumsteadville hotels

Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Had a nice dinner in the bar. Food was very good and portions were generous. Service was good, perhaps a little quick. Prices are extremely fair. Will return.

Ottsville, PA
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I've been going to the Plumsteadville Inn since the 1970's...back in it's prime. I stopped going about 15 years ago because by then the food & service had deteriorated as to render it just not worth the bother.

I was happy to see it had reopened & went tonight to "check it out".

While the cold & aloof hostess who seated us reminded me of the reasons why I stopped going there years ago, I am happy to say that our server was warm, welcoming and professional.
I was also glad to see that the much of the interior was unchanged, albeit "polished up".
The atmosphere was also similar to the Inn in the glory days. People in blue jeans mingling with the suits at the bar. Lively chatter & laughter made the place alive. Brought back some very happy memories .
Their menu is HUGE. My wife & I decided to sample a wide variety of the appetizers & finger food with a bottle of Meritage rather than a traditional appetizer/entree meal.
We picked 6 between us & shared shamelessly. LOL

While there were some issues that the chef needs to address, like severely over salting the steamed clams and using way too much nutmeg in the crab cakes, the rest of the appetizers (stuffed mushrooms, tuna, nachos and beef sliders ranged from OK to very good.

It would help the restaurant if the chef tasted the food before offering up to the customers.

Bottom line is that there was more good than not during our first visit to the newly opened landmark eatery. So we will go back & try a more traditional dinner with entrees.

I truly hope this place can get the kinks, due to it's newness, worked out.
I , and I believe many, many "ustabe" patrons, would love to be able to be regulars here again. It would be kinda like coming home again.

Good luck Plumsteadville Inn!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ottsville_PAJohn
PA
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Frequented the Inn in the past, and was happy to see it reopened. However, our party of three was seated too close to the Monday nite line dance activities. Our waitress was training a new staff member and was awesome, but when asked to be reseated, it was not received well by the other staff. The food was great. However, one hour after I left I became extremely ill. I called the Inn the next two days to give them a heads up, so others might not be affected. Called 3x total and asked for the manager each time, who never came to the phone. Did leave the info with 2 different staff members, who said perhaps it was the Bearnaise sauce,and they disposed of this daily. Nothing else was mentioned. Note; whatever this was, I was started on antibiotics day four of illness. I am really disappointed in how this situation was handled.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jillski440
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've been to the newly renovated Plumsteadville Inn twice since it reopened in January. I had a very pleasant dining experience both times. The food was very good and I found the wait staff to be friendly and attentive. They have a diverse menu with something for everyone. I enjoyed the piano player the first time (he did not play my most recent visit) and particularly enjoy the tavern environment with the fireplace, large screen TV and table or booth seating. Given the separated layout ("fine dining" vs tavern fare) you can find an environment suitable for almost any type of group.

Room Tip: I believe B & B is not yet operative. Also, Sunday Brunch will resume in mid-April as I understa...