“Very dissapointing experience.”
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plumsteadville
Plumsteadville Inn
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Inn is nice and the room was very clean, spacious and well kept. But we had a very disturbing experience during our stay as the fire alarm sounded in the middle of the night and there was no hotel staff on duty to turn it off. We did not know what to or who to contact. We tried calling the number we used to book our reservation and no one answered. After about 1 hour, the alarm was turned off. We found out the next morning that there was no one from the hotel staff on duty during the night and the person responsible for the alarm lived 1/2 hour away from the inn. So he had to drive back to the Inn to disarm the alarm. We were never advised in advance that we there would be no hotel staff on duty nor were told what to do in the case of an emergency. This could have resulted in a very dangerous situation. I am glad that no one was injured. However, I will NEVER stay there again nor will I recommend this inn to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank krzw
Matt G, General Manager at Plumsteadville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

I am sorry about the alarm situation. We were all new to the hotel industry here. We have corrected all the issues we had, and hope that you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further.

There are newer reviews for Plumsteadville Inn

Reviewed 16 June 2014

They serve well prepared food at reasonable prices in a nice atmosphere with good service. The Plumsteadville Inn is not a top of the line gourmet restaurant, rather you can reliably expect tasty food from a menu with variety that is served by an a well trained and friendly staff, all at reasonable prices. It has a spacious taproom of dark wood, a glassed in main dining room and a traditionally decorated interior dining room so that taken together it is a fairly larg restaurant. They have a large parking lot and also a separate ice cream store.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After receiving coupon via mail, made lunch reservation. Good thing! Place crowded, but we were seated right away after being given choice of many dining venues. We chose a table in the old Tavern. The menu is impressively varied, but since we'd never dined here before we went with safe (?) chicken parmigiana ($10). OMG! BEST chicken parm ever! Cooked perfectly, the best we'd ever had -- crispy chicken beneath a lovely delicately-herbed tomatoey sauce and melted cheese -- not mushy! This is REAL food! The ample attentive staff was prompt and caring. We will return! Try it!

Room Tip: Reserve a booth for quieter dining!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Food was excellent, we had a server who made us feel at home. We later listened to a band Just US, and were blown away. Great eveving. Tim , manager, trated us like regulars, we will become regulars based on our last visit,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Met some friends for lunch here one Saturday. We ate in the newly refurbished bar area with booths and tables. It was very quiet and perfect for catching up on news. The food was good but could have been better. I had an Asian salad that was missing the almonds. The dressing was almost over powering the lettuce and the chicken. Too many won ton noodles for my taste. The waitress was attentive but quickly became annoying as she kept coming to see if we needed anything. I counted ten trips to our table. When we were ready for dessert, we couldn't get her attention. Same with asking for the bill at the end. There were many customers at this point and the waitress was obviously out numbered. We will most likely return as it was a good meeting point and the atmosphere is nice.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had not visited Plumstedville for 15+ years but friends suggested lunch there because they had heard good reports about the new ownership - they were right. A great room with a fireplace to match and a spacious feel to it. Excellent service by Karen(?) that was attentive but not intrusive with very good food fairly priced. The four of us tried three of the lunch selections - they were all good. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank George03
Reviewed 21 August 2013

So I have a special place in my heart for Plumsteadville Inn, in 2002 under the old owners I was married there!! So my husband and I were so happy when it re-opened. As others have said the decor is great. The menu needs updating but the food is good. However on our last visit (last tuesday) my three year old had chicken tenders and applesauce. As he was halfway through eating one I looked over to see it was not just under cooked in the middle but RAW. Now I totally get that it was a mistake, it happens. However our served didn't apologize! Didn't tell management or management didn't say anything to us! I just as a former server and as just a frequent diner there and elsewhere I cannot fathom that a manager wouldn't be sent by. I mean the kid ate it, glad he didn't get sick. I know my husband loves this steak sandwich there but I don't know if I'll ever go back, I'm over poor service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BetterCallTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plumsteadville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Main Street Inn
Main Street Inn
#1 of 2 in Doylestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Plumsteadville Inn? Share your experiences!