“Not Impressed with Plumsteadville Inn”
Review of Plumsteadville Inn

Plumsteadville Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plumsteadville
Plumsteadville Inn
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed with Plumsteadville Inn”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

This past holiday season, my supervisor wanted to "surprise" our small department by taking us out to lunch at the nearby Plumsteadville Inn. I had never been there before and was delighted by the lovely holiday decorations that greeted us at the entrance...but I will not go back again because of our lackluster lunch experience.

We were seated in a large room. My supervisor asked to order an appetizer of one of the soup specials she had seen written on the chalkboard in the lobby. Our waitress said that actually wasn't the soup of the day - the owner hadn't changed the chalkboard yet (at 12:30 in the afternoon).

She walked away and let us peruse the menu, which was very heavy on seafood. When we had made our selections, the waitress came back, and my friend began by ordering the crabcake. The waitress then decided to inform us that the restaurant was actually all out of crab. As well as shrimp, scallops, flounder, salmon, and lobster. It would have been really nice to know that when we got there so that we would have looked more closely at the six or seven non-seafood items on the menu.

It took a long time for the kitchen to prepare our lunch, even though there was practically nobody in the restaurant...which should have been our first hint. The food was bland, I had an omelet which was served with rice and carrots, an odd combination.

I felt very embarrassed for my supervisor, who had heard good things about the place and had really wanted to impress everyone!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Kimberly M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montgomeryville, PA
Reviewed 27 January 2010

My husband and I made it a point to go at least for birthdays and during the holidays, we always enjoyed the entertainment. Of late, you could almost tell something was not quite the same, the dining room nearly empty and the bar 1/2 stocked ( that being the staple items for a well drink), our last meal we had in 12-09, the veggies were barely cooked and the prime rib was horrible. I remember times where I would take close the 3/4 of this home as the portion was huge and simply a wonderful meal. We are saddened to see things this way to the point we felt horrible for the bar tender having to tell people what they didn't have and to virtually see the decline. Hopefully some day this establishment will be run the way it should and provide a evening haven for those starved for ambiance, entertainment , good food and good times.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindajoey1

Travellers are raving about these Plumsteadville hotels

hilltown, pa
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My family recently went there for a baby shower. One guest was a 3 year toddler. They had no beverages to provide her, no juice or milk. What kind of a bar doesn't have any types of juice? We arrived at 12 to set up. No one was there we had to wait an hour. Should of went to McDonald across the street! Then we had to personally clean the inside ourselves broom the floor and windows of food...ewww! My sisters company went here for years for holiday dinners and loved it. Don't know if it is the times or new owners, but huge negative change. Save your time and money go elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2009
Lansdale
Reviewed 14 December 2009

I was with a party of 5 for dinner. The lobby Christmas decorations didn't have the splash as in the past and that was the first sign that things weren't the same. The front desk personel weren't professional. The lobby 'specials' board described a chicken entree with spinich that didn't have any spinich; you would have thought you were getting a piece of chicken when you got a pasta (no pasta mentioned in the description) stew with chicken - and it was nothing to write home about. The service was terrible and it wasn't because there was a crowd and the wait staff was overworked; never checked to see how the meal was; never filled empty water glasses; never even came near us until we had been done eating; assumed we didn't want dessert; had to say 'Wait, we do want dessert'. There was live singer with guitar who never took a break and she was great - the only good thing about the evening. We used to go there several times a year and always once at Christmas. This was our last.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eddie14theroad
Lehigh Valley
Reviewed 31 May 2009

This use to be a super romanic Inn but no more.
Totally a horrible and embarrassing experience. Took a friend for her birthday and I would have been better going to MacDonald’s !!!
First of all, I had to find someone to seat us, I had to get the bar tender to get someone. I even had reservations.
The buffet table was almost empty, numerous people were complaining there was nothing to eat. Took way too long for the waitress, only two on duty for the whole place, to offer us coffee and a drink. Then she forgot the drinks until I reminded her.
The hot food pans were totally empty for a long time and I had to complain for them to put some out and this was far from the end of the buffet time. The food was below parr quality wise and variety wise. I have seen better quality and variety in free buffets at motels, many a time. For $19.95 this was a total rip off. Even one of the employees said that they wouldn’t eat there that the owners didn’t care anymore!!!! They really don’t care, it is obvious and the attitude of the few that were working was loud and clear, they just don’t care.
I use to frequent this hotel for years and praised the service and quality of food but they sure have changed and I won’t go back anymore!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TEEman2000
somerspoint nj
Reviewed 31 May 2006

Lovely inn, beautiful rooms. Romantic getaway, dinner was lovely, great music, terrific bartender. No innkeeper at night and needed to go to the local WaWa for coffee in the morning. Would return for the resturant and the local favor.

3 Thank natres
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plumsteadville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Washington House Hotel
The Washington House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sellersville

Been to Plumsteadville Inn? Share your experiences!