“Awesome Crispy Chicken Salad”
Review of Dawson's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have stayed at the hotel behind the restaurant numerous times, but thought the restaurant was closed, since the parking lot was never crowed and it looked like an abandoned restaurant from the exterior. I decided to check it out one evening when I did not want to venture out far from the hotel, to avoid rush hour traffic. Upon entering, the decor is very dark and I was not sure what to expect. I was seated in a booth directly behind a booth with a gentleman in it, which struck me odd since the restaurant was empty and I was seated DIRECTLY behind someone else. When my Southern Crispy arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The salad was huge, enough for 2 meals, the lettuce was fresh and crispy and there was a generous portion of crispy chicken, cooked to perfection. I ordered it with a side of creamy ranch dressing and it was delicious!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This restaurant is located behind a motel in Plymouth Meeting. Upon entering we noticed that the front door needed staining, not a good sign. The bar is perhaps the loneliest and non-descript bar that I have ever seen. The counters behind the bar are almost empty of liquor and seemed unkempt and lifeless. The main dining room is dark and was very empty far a Friday night at 8:00. The server was efficient but had no personality. The food was good. My Salmon Oscar was tasty and at $23.00 including a salad a decent value.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I were searching for options for an after graduation restaurant to help us celebrate serving a party of 11. We read and analyzed Dawson's mixed reviews. We weren't anticipating four star food at a three star price. Neither were we anticipating fast food service at four star ambiance. We tried many different palate offerings; no one complained. Another graduate party was also there, a fellow student of my daughters, and they too had a similar experience. The service was excellent; Dorothy went out of her way to help us enjoy our time together. Our party's food arrived all at the same time and hot and prepared to the dinees specifications, i.e., the steaks were tender and delivered to the patons degree of temperament. The crab cakes weren't as good as mine, but I serve four star cakes at my house. The steak was good. The interior is a little dated, but quaint with its interior glass and gas lamps. Hope the review was helpful. Bon appetit!

2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had eaten a great meal here several years ago. Stayed close by this week and decided to go back despite the mixed reviews. I should have listened. Very few people were eating there. Server was nice enough though did not check back often (and never offered desert). The food was bland. Sadly they seemed to fairly fresh seafood in my dish, but the pasta was nothing special, too much oil, not the right spices. Creamed spinach ($4 side - no sides came with the entree) was too salty and over cooked. The front door badly needs painting and it seems to reflect the whole place. Perhaps nice once, but just not there anymore. It's a shame ...

1  Thank Scoutly
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Extremely poor service. The waitress acted as if she was doing us a favor serving us. Never came back to check on us. Food was not freshly cooked and was barely warm. Waitress only came back to the table when she saw us getting up to leave. On the way out I asked for a comment card; the greeter had no clue what I was talking about. She called the manager over and even he was clueless. We were in the area for a funeral so I didn't feel like the drama of a followup at the time.

2  Thank Dellanor Q