All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastyogurtpull out couchstayed one nightsmall poolnice facilitythe breakfast areablue routedesk areastaff was friendly and helpfulmini fridgeroom was spaciousfamily reunionlacrosse tournamenttwo double bedsplenty of parking
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Let me start by saying if I had paid the published rate for this hotel ($189/night) I would have been dissatisfied. As it happened, I got a ridiculously discounted AAA rate of $98/night, which was a steal.
A quick tip if you have never stayed here before: when your GPS tells you you've arrived at your destination, and you still don't see the hotel, just look up. It sits high on a hill right above the Bank of America branch.
The lobby seems new-ish, and they have a pretty well stocked snack shop. Cookies out in the afternoons. The fitness room has good equipment but is cramped, they've tried to maximize usage of the floor space, but I was a little too close for comfort to the guy on the treadmill next to me.
The rooms were on the old side, carpet shows wear, and to my extreme annoyance, the work desk faced a wall, and had no view of the TV. I did some creative furniture rearranging to solve this problem. The beds and pillows were way too soft for my liking. There was no garbage can in the bathroom (seems like a basic thing to overlook).
The hotel is less than a mile from the Plymouth Meeting mall, which has a host of restaurant choices. There's also a Starbucks a block away.

Room Tip: Better to be away from the elevators - they make a loud double beep when they open and close
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Springhill Suites Plymouth Meeting was a very nice hotel after a long day on the road. The hotel was clean, had modern conveniences, and a free breakfast (very similar to Residence Inns). The room was small and only had free wired internet, but there was a microwave and refrigerator. At this price, they offer a much better stay than others in the class.

Room Tip: Be a Marriott Rewards member.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the continental breakfast is one of the best we have had. Great stay. The bed was a little on the soft side, but other than that it was spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here twice within a month. Each time, our experience was the same: the staff were excellent; the room was excellent; the complimentary breakfast was excellent; our stays were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

So I tried to take a break from the Exton area based on my previous reviews. Boy I would have been better off out there to be honest.

When I went into the hotel, I was impressed with the lobby and thought, "Boy did I make a great choice". My excitement ended after check-in. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in. This is last good thing I'll say about this hotel.

When I walked in the room I was met by a stale room smell. Anyone that knows hotels knows what I'm talking about. I called down to the front desk and I was told that they were sold out and their were no rooms available. So after further inspection I noticed the coffee pot was never cleaned and I had a mug with lipstick on it.

The room is clearly dated, see the photos. The one bright spot was the TV which was a new LG LCD. So I fired up my laptop hoping to get some work down only to find out they don't have wireless. Now it doesn't say they do on their website but what modern hotel doesn't have wireless. I mean the red roof inn has wirless for a fifth of the price. When I called the front desk to complain she explained that its wired only and its per the owners that there is only wireless in the lobby. The next morning I went down and noticed it was a "managed" property. IE cost above all else. Which brings me to breakfast. The selection wasn't horrible but they were out of a lot of things and the person who was stocking seemed more interested in their smoke breaks.

I came back my second night and was exhausted but was ready to take a dip. I went down to the pool only to see a film on the pool. I don't know if it was cleaned or not but when you see things floating in a pool this can't be a good thing.

The location is excellent with the Mall nearby and numerous dining choices. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros and I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business