“Front Desk Personality”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed 12 May 2014

When visiting family, my husband and I always enjoy staying at the Springhill Suites Plymouth Meeting but this visit was to Children's Hospital. We were staying at the Springhill before it was renovated. I just wanted to say how great everything is. I have ran across front desk attendants with various personalities and Trey is a jewel. Usually the front desk is not in a good mood but Trey erased all of my conceptions. I wish more hotels had such a person to greet people as they arrive from a long flight, 3+ hour car ride, or after riding with a bus fully loaded on a multi-state trip.
Hotel is very nice as well. We take the senic route through Conshohoken to get to Philly in 15 minutes so the hotel is a great location.
Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Every room is a great location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you very much for choosing the Springhill Suites - Plymouth Meeting. We are very proud to have Troy as a member of our team. I will certainly share this with him. He is a great example of Marriott's Spirit to Serve commitment.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Now a veteran of Marriott properties after 6 months, this was my first time at the SpringHill brand. Overall a good choice. The room was spacious which is expected since it has the word suites as its namesake. The bed was great, comfortable and always provided a good night's sleep. Something the suite did not have was a stovetop, an amenity I thought was standard for anything branded a suite. It definitely is a plus when you get, but this time it was not issue as I never had time to use it. Everything else in the room was in an overall good condition.

Their drawbacks: 1. Breakfast. I only went down once and I would say the offerings were regular on any day. 2. I am getting lax on my staying in shape program so it was much not of a topic that the gym was the basics.

I would definitely consider the SpringHill as an option if I am back in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are currently in the process of enlarging the fitness center. We understand this is a very important amenity for our guest.

We look forward to hosting your next visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

First let me say that the location of the hotel was about 25 minutes from Philly. The place was clean and everyone there was friendly and very helpful. We really liked this place however, breakfast was minimal and not really tasteful. No real waffles which our kids love. They had toaster type waffles which were terrible. When we arrived we were informed we could not go swimming as a part was broken. We chose this location because of the indoor pool and the name since we usually only stay in springhill suites!
Overall I gave it a very good rather than excellent only because our three kids were disappointed about no pool! Maybe next time!

Room Tip: To get to Philly you will have to drive quite a way.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We do apologize for the inconvience of the pool being closed. Unfortunaly the pump failed and we needed to have the part ordered. We are currently up and running and the staff and I hope you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very happy with this hotel, I had business in the area and had a great stay. There is a whole foods nearby and a Wegman's down the way, plus a Giant, so all your supermarkets are close by and WF's has a great salad bar.
The breakfast at this hotel was great, as good as any hotel I've been in, my favorite cereals, muffins, greek yogurt, fruit, eggs, good coffee.
Nice spacious rooms and good things all around! Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: not facing the highway, although noise didn't bother me at all
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

The team and I are extremely excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did implement the new breakfast and are very pleased that it is being received well. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here with my family and thought it was a good choice. I was on a road trip and stayed at Hamptons the previous nights. This hotel had more spacious rooms and a more comfortable bed. Also, I like the sink out of the bathroom as it helps when you have a family getting ready at the same time. Breakfast was fine with plenty of room and enough choices. It included bananas, oranges, and apples plus the usual bread products/cereals. Also had waffle maker. The front desk folks were pleasant and efficient. Check-in was very quick as you didn't even have to sign anything. The only thing that could have been slightly better was the pricing on the food/beverages from the little mini mart. But of course, you don't have to eat anything there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Gloria S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you. We appreciate you sharing your experiences about your recent visit to our hotel. The team takes great pride in providing excellent service to our guest.

We look forward to hosting your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed overnight while looking at local colleges. Holly at the front desk directed us to local restaurants for dinner, and called a few minutes after we went to our room to ask if everything was okay. Room was spacious, with 2 full-sized beds. One daughter opted to sleep on the pull-out couch. Sheets and blanket were easy to find, and she said the bed was comfortable. Shower worked, TV worked, coffee maker worked, complementary wi-fi worked, wake-up call worked. Breakfast was good - a very nice mix of cold (yogurt, bread, bagels, cereal) and hot (oatmeal, eggs and meat which I did not try). Coffee was hot and good. Lobby looks recently renovated. Everything was great and nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting your experience on your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that we were able to meet all of your needs . I will share your review with the team so that they know that know that their efforts were mentioned.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. The room was spacious and clean, the king bed was comfortable. There was a kitchen area, couch and a desk as well as complimentary wifi. Don't think I would stay here on vacation, but for a short business trip, it was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for a review of our hotel. The staff and I are excited that we were able to meet your needs while visiting the Plymouth Meeting area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the area when you return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Extended Stay America - Philadel...
#6 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!