Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would like to start by saying the staff were very helpful and accomidating during my stay. That being said the rooms were filthy with crumbs and white paper pieces all over the carpet. In addition there was mold in the toilet and around the shower drain and the towels had long back hairs entwined in the weaving. The sink drain in the bathroom was clogged and would not drain water so luckily there as a kitchen sink to brush my teeth in. When confronted about the hair in the towel the staff member told me that the housekeeping staff has been asked to pick those from the towel if they see them before folding the towel and that she was sorry that our towels had been missed. This really grossed me out becasue it shows me that they know that this is a problem and instead of cleaning their washing machine and dryer where the problem is they are taking the cheap way out and the customer is suffering because of it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SKnight65

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was large, had a well appointed kitchen and good sized bathroom. Staff was extremely helpful, especially the evening desk, check-in gentleman. Excellent location, right off the turnpike and across the street from a great mall. Great under cover parking, especially useful in the rain. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Drew - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed your convenient, spacious room. We are also pleased that our staff provided you with quality service and that you appreciated our amenities like our fully equipped kitchens and covered parking.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at ESA for 2 nights- it was a nice experience! If you're an NBOME candidate, this is a great place to stay! The staff was friendly and helpful and it's affordable! I loved that the room had a little kitchen area and there's also an iron if your white coat happens to get wrinkled =) The testing site is about 11 minutes away so it's definitely doable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. And if you have some time before or after the COMLEX PE, there's a mall nearby that you can check out called Plymouth Meeting Mall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Its not a 4 star hotel, but the location cannot be beat, (large mall across the street, Whole foods - yummy, amongst many restaurants) the staff friendly and quick to laugh, rooms clean, large, with a fully equipped kitchen.

For the price point it cant be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your clean, spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I and our pets came to know the hotel and this location in particular during a Feb 2014 winter storm in which we lost power. We were afraid for 2 of our pets in particular, who have compromised immune systems.  To our shock, none of the the pet hotels were willing to accomodate our pets in this emergency situation - either the vaccine statuses were unverifiable due to the vet hospitals being closed OR they required 48 hrs advanced vaccinations before boarding (I was willing to get them revaccinated that same day) AND we were given a hard time about our elderly dog who shouldnt get certain vaccines, but they are required for boarding...we were so stressed out thinking they could suffer in our freezing house through the emergency.

Hotels in the area were unsurprisingly booked, especially the ones willing to accept pets. The Plymouth Meeting location of ESA was an unexpected surprise in the middle of the chaos and should be commended for their pleasant, helpful customer service and approach during a community crisis. First, they started a Wait List that other nearby ES Americas did not offer, aleviating some stress for my family - and thankfully, we got in!

Next, the manager, Kathi Hilgert agreed to waive the 2 pet rule for us, since this wasn't a "fun" visit. That in itself endeared my husband and myself to the chain. We are so grateful for the flexibility offered by Extended Stay Plymouth Meeting that we didnt find elsewhere. In addition, Kathi took my calls with gracious humor, as did a lovely staff member - Kahmilia (I likely butchered the spelling of her name). They must have been under tremendous pressure last week, but their perky attitudes never led you to know it.

The room we stayed in was clean and there was no odor - you could not tell it was a pet-friendly room. The rooms had great climate control, ample pillows, and the mattress was comfortable to sleep in.

What added to our stay was that the hotel is in a perfect, convenient locale - right off major arteries, a 1 minute walk from Starbucks, across the street from a Mall with several nice, sitdown restaurants and a small food court, a Whole Foods, several screen movie theater AND perhaps 5 minutes away from a Big Box shopping center with a pet store, bookstore, supermarket and housewear store, and a few others....You do not have to be familiar with the area to get around easily.

We would stay here again hands down, especially out of gratitude for how accomodating the staff was to our pet situation. If I had only one less enthusiastic observation, the tv channels left a little to be desired and there was no pay per view. However, that really is negligable considering the value we got overall.

Thank you to everyone who allayed our fears and provided us with a great stay. Other businesses should learn from their crisis mode managment and become more flexible and a better neighbor.

Lisa, Paul and our beloved pets

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Lisa – Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to help you and your family during your recent power outage. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous during your stay with us. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and comfortable beds. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hotel amenities are convenience-only; you're close to a mall with good restaurants & anything else you need. Location was perfect for me during the holiday esp. for traveling by car, and there was covered parking at the back of the building. I'm writing this mostly to commend the staff at the front desk, who were helpful and friendly. They did a great job at check-in going over what to expect the next few days during the holiday, like limited housekeeping and the breakfast option. I would have been totally okay staying longer if I had to.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mall are quieter. The elevators are squeaky; if you are a light sleeper, ask to be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Kim - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the service our staff provided. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities our hotel had to offer.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Im a contractor who was staying here with my crew. Our over all stay wasn't bad. Rooms were clean. What you would expect from a extended stay. While staying there one of our vans was broken into in the parking lot while we were sleeping. While I don't hold this against the hotel the fact that I received no help from the manager or the hotels loss prevention really angers me. I have called, left messages, and emailed. I am completely ignored> The manager is apparently always busy and does not return calls. Not a good way to run a business if you ask me. Not sure if they assume all of their problems go away by ignoring them> so good luck to anyone staying he who encounters any problems.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize for the incident regarding your van and that your concerns were not responded to in a timely manner. Providing our guests with a great stay is our top priority, so we will be more diligent in responding to guests concerns quickly. Still, I am glad to hear that you found your guest room to meet your standards and expectations of cleanliness and comfort.

Your concerns are very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at PPM@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions as I am much more accessible at that address. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia West
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hote...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia P...
#3 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
2 mi away
HYATT house Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth Meeting
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#5 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Plymouth Meeting? Share your experiences!