“A magical oasis”

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A magical oasis”
Reviewed 8 January 2010

My daughter has attended Sandy Hill Farm's summer camp for five years, and we have been to a number of parties there. Sandy Hill Farm is one of the few places I have ever been where children are allowed a feeling of freedom and self-expression while learning to care for and appreciate farm animals.
If you want a sterile, regimented place for your child, this is not the place for you, nor does it pretend to be.
This is a special, magial place where the animals are loved and well-cared for and the children are offered the oppportunity to be children, to run, play and yes - get dirty.

3 Thank Daphodill

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a great place!!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I can't believe the criticisms of this place. this place has been in business for over 25 years. It is a "farm" behind the owner's house and farm animals are not clean by nature. Cindy, the owner, is a very straight-forward type of person. There is plenty of hand sanitizer and there are sinks in the barn and bathroom. The place is clean and there are no sick animals. I have seen no other place in Philadelphia where the children get such a hands on experience with the animals and they have a great summer camp. It is truly a special experience. Do not bring your children if you do not think they are old enough to understand sanitation.

1 Thank helpfuladvisor
Plymouth Meeting
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor sanitation, aloof owner, kids loved the animals”
Reviewed 26 August 2008

The place is pretty dirty and there isn't much of an emphasis on hand washing. I have a three year old who was in the camp for a week and in between chasing chickens, and sometimes catching them, he sticks his hands in his mouth as three year olds are want to do.I'm just thankful he didn't pick up some e-coli bug. It's too bad, because with a little more emphasis on basic cleanliness (the fridge where they keep the lunches is filthy and filled with animal food, there's animal feces on the ground where the kids play) it would be okay. The owner is unfriendly and doesn't seem to care much about the condition of the farm or the kids. The younger counselors she hired were nice.

1 Thank CalSPlymouthMeeting
Delaware County
“Best place for children”
Reviewed 11 January 2008

I went to a birthday party at Sandy Hill Farm and it was the best party my children have ever been invited to. The children had so much fun with the animals and the parents were able to enjoy themselves. The food was in the barn which was decorated nicely. I asked to wash my hands and was directed to the bathroom which was in good shape. I love this place and wish I found it earlier. I can't wait to send my 2 kids to summer camp this year. SANDY HILL FARM IS A MUST FOR ALL FAMILIES!!!!

Chester County, PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sandy Hill Farm-Terrible!”
Reviewed 4 June 2007

My daughter was invited to a birthday party at Sandy Hill Farm. I was appalled by its condition. The place has a petting area but no running water for the children to wash their hands before eating. They have hand sanitizer. The place is filthy.

When asked where the bathroom was, they said that the bathroom was broken. We were instructed to walk out the back of the barn, down a dirt road and into what looked like an abandon house with broken down furniture, cracked mirrors and ripped wallpaper. It was sad and appalling to watch all of these little girls waiting in line in the living room of this house with their moms to use this bathroom. God forbid if any of the girls tried to find the bathroom themselves. And, who knows what the house was or is used for.

I will never return to Sandy Hill Farm and frankly, I am surprised that they are still in business.

4 Thank murr10