“Fantastic mini weekend getaway with high school...”
other travellers have booked this property
from covered porch Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
from covered porch
Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Upper living area and kitchen
Kitchen and dining
one of the bedrooms
lower family room
Pheasant Room (Full bed)
The HOPENSACK Room  (Queen bed)
The SQUIRE Room  (Full bed)
First level Family Room and wet bar
upper bathroom
First level bedroom
front yard
Very convenient to skiing, tubing, cross country ski and snowshoeing.
From the upper porch level
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 23 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Zach R
“Fantastic mini weekend getaway with high school buddies.”
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Great time grilling, chilling, perfect wiffle ball field. John was a fantastic host. Everything you need to get away. Thanks again John. We'll be back very soon.

10 Jul 2017
You guys we great and welcome back any time.

Regards,
John
Wakeena h
“Birthday”
Reviewed 31 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

It was nice & comfortable .. I had a really good time.. I really enjoy my stay.. everything was nice & peaceful..

25 May 2017
Wakeena,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. You were great guests and look forward to your return during another visit to the Poconos.

352indira...
“Awesome white Christmas @ Poconos”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Highly recommended! I spent 6 wonderful days for Christmas with my family from Puerto Rico. It was the first time they saw snow and went to the Mountains for skiing and snowboarding and were more than pleased with the experience. John received us in a very warm, cozy, beautifully decorated and fully equipped house. We even found eggs and other musts in the fridge....
There are several nice restaurants, grocery stores, pizzerias, pharmacies close to the house.
I am sure we will always remember 2016 Christmas in Poconos.

12 Jan 2017
Thank you for the lovely review, it is much appreciated. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We make every effort to deliver the house in excellent condition, clean and cozy. You are most welcome to stay with us for any future visits.
Warm regards,
John, Millie and Donna
Melisa020...
Jamaica, New York
“Perfect stay for our Thanksgiving/Birthday Getaway”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The house is absolutely spacious yet still manages to feel cozy and warm thanks to the two fireplaces and tasteful decor. Everything we could possibly need for our stay was already there including a dozen eggs and pancakes for breakfast. John and his wife are absolutely thoughtful! The oven in the kitchen was excellent for all of our Thanksgiving cooking and the table was already set beautifully for our dinner. We are eager to stay again in the summertime! Thank you so very much for your hospitality!

Your age range 18-24
30 Nov 2016
It was our pleasure to host your family. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly welcome you to return.
Best regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful home”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Spent a weekend with the family & friends (10 people) and our lab! Just a perfect home with all accommodations needed. Eggs in the fridge for a quick breakfast, to DVDs to watch, and more! The trail nearby was so peaceful for us, our lab was so happy to finally take a stroll without her leash. The kids (4 teenagers ages 15 thru 12, and 2 toddlers age 4) fell in love with the lower level and chess/checkers games! Very clean and beautiful home, will return for our summer vacation in August. Thank you John and Mildred for allowing our checkout time to be later in the day, it allowed the kids to sleep in as well not feeling Rushed to go! We plan to return for more of the beautiful nature life!

7 Apr 2016
We are please you had such a good time.
I believe all of our guests share your sentiment with regards to the quiet setting. Though the house is located close to all the Poconos has to enjoy, the quiet, wooded setting allows for relaxation after a day full of activities. The Thomas Darling Nature Preserve is certainly a bonus for those who wish to take a leisurely stroll.
We look forward to your return this summer.

Cheers,
John, Millie and Donna
Hockeybea...
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful home with very hospitable owners.”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Last July my wife and I with 9 kids spent a wonderful week in this clean and welcoming home. Planning to come every summer from now on.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Oct 2015
Hockeybear,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the 9 kids, they were exceptionally well behaved and respectful children; you are all welcome back. I think the children had plenty of area to use up their youthful energy.

Best regards,
Denise W
“Sisters Getaway”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I was very pleased with the rental when I arrived. It was located in the perfect place , next to Dunkin Donuts. It is far enough for relaxation purposes but in the meiddle of everything I needed. The home was beautifully kept and makes you feel like that you are home. I enjoyed every inch of the property and the peace. I would definately return soon. Based on the rental makes me consider moving to PA . John, Donna was great to talk to and made herself available if needed. I truly enjoyed my time spent there. Thanks you for everything .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Oct 2015
I'm pleased you and your Sisters enjoyed your time at the house. I'm sorry we couldn't be there to meet you, our daughter in Houston just had twins. You are most welcome to stay with us again; I hope to meet you all this time.

Best to you are your sisters,
john and millie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;