We just got back from Easter weekend at the Carriage House. I will admit that I was leery of booking here since some of the reviews were not great but I called and spoke with a staff member and decided to go for it. I'm glad I did. My family and I had a nice time. Our room on the 2nd floor was renovated. It wasn't fancy, but nice and clean and the kitchenette had everything we needed to cook daily breakfast.
I used the gym which was fine. The equipment wasn't new but it worked and was clean including the sauna. The pool area was good - my son really enjoyed it. There was lots for him to do including a game area with video games, pinball machines, air hockey, ping pong, etc. There's an outdoor playground and lots of room for kids to run around.
The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make it a fun weekend for the kids with a pizza party, ice cream social, family movies, egg coloring, an egg hunt & a meet & greet with the Easter Bunny. It has a nice family operated vibe which we liked. We will definitely recommend this place to our friends with kids and will come back ourselves since it's close to Camelback ski area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small country timeshare nestled in the heart of the Poconos. We provide fully equipped kitchens for convenience. We are located across the road from Kalahari and within fifteen driving minutes of Mount Airy Casino, Auquatopia and Camelback Ski Area, Crossing Premium Outlet and Pocono Raceway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The Carriage House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House At Pocono Manor Hotel Pocono Manor
- Carriage Hotel Pocono Manor