“The dirty truth”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Check in was backed up when we arrived. No activities for evening.

Dinner offered choice of steak, chicke, tilapia, or pasta.
Steak was cooked to temperature requested but was flavorless. Chicken and fish dry,
We pre-ordered a birthday cake for $40 and it came w/out candles. Cake was dry.only water or ice tea was available to drink, we weren't offered drinks.
Coffee was served with dessert.

Breakfast was a buffet, with pastries that weren't appetizing. French toast and eggs and bacon were available. Omelette station was ok, but the chef squirted me in eye w / oil, when prepping the pan, and didn't even seem to notice.
Glasses and coffee cups were dirty and we had to ask for clean ones. Server told us to get our own offer when asked.

Lunch was another buffet, reusing steak, chicken and pasta from night before. Didnt taste better the 2 nd time.
Dinner was the 3rd rendition of previous nights steak, in a stir fry. Not great.
Again dirty glasses. Child's chicken nuggets took a long time to arrive, after adults were served

No evening activity.

This is not a repeat visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AnnaMarie P
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

I am very apologetic that you were displeased with your stay. I will address the issue regarding the lack of candles in the cake, as well as the dirty glasses with our Food & Beverage team. I can assure you that no food was recycled during your visit but I will investigate further to determine why such similar items were served consecutively. I thank you for your review, as we will use it to improve all areas of operations. I hope you return to observe what we will be doing to create superior stay for all guests.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was absolutely ASTONISHED by the Pocono manor. It was amazing. Everything about it exceeded my expectations.. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well taken care of. All the staff was courteous and 100% willing to do whatever it takes to make every guest happy. EXCEPT, the front desk staff. The girls are RUDE and completely unprofessional. I witnessed them disregarding or disrespecting NUMEROUS guests. I have been all over the world and have NEVER been so disgusted by staff members of ANY hotel as i was by these ladies. Shannon Tiffany and Liana, GOT TO GO. every other aspect of the manor was FABULOUS, time to switch out that desk staff!!!!!

1  Thank Anne M
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you had a pleasing experience here! All of our staff takes great pride in being able to provide the best service for each and every guest they encounter. I’m sorry to hear that our Front Desk staff did not impress you. I will pass your comments onto the appropriate departments. I hope you have the chance to revisit The Inn to see that each and every TEAM member has improved beyond expectations.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Recenlty, I spent my memorial day weekend at The Inn at Pocono Manor.
I had beautiful room with great mountain view but bathtub had drainage problem.
I called front desk and was told engineer will be come shortly.
I waited about 20 minutes. I had to give my two boys a bath and it was getting late.
So I called front desk again and was told someone will be up shortly. However frontdesk hung up the phone before I finished my conversation.
I would expect better service if you are in the hospitality business.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank David W

I am very pleased to hear that you took pleasure in our lovely mountain views; however, I am disappointed to hear that you were inconvenienced by issues that arose regarding a standard maintenance request. This request should have been taken care of with more concern. We strive to keep all of our guests as delighted as possible, but on occasion, we do fall short. I hope you return to find that our services at The Inn at Pocono Manor are of superior eminence.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I took our children (4 & 2 years old) to The Inn for a long memorial day weekend. The staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. We had a blast with the indoor pool, game room, playground and pony rides. We stayed on property during the duration of our stay and there was much more we could have done like golfing, spa, biking, etc. Looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your pleasurable experience during your stay here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. We take great pride in satisfying our guests to the best of our ability. I am delighted to hear that our activities are of great abundance, giving all of our guests more ways to enjoy their stay. I hope you have the ability to return to enjoy our facility in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Inn at The Pocono Manor in Pennsylvania was the worst experience I have ever had in all my years of travel. Their web site made the hotel look like a fantastic place for me and my partner to have a nice relaxing weekend. It was anything but, from the room being outdated and dirty to the service at both their restaurants to food being carried through the lobby uncovered. We tried to get some results regarding the room condition but with no luck. I would not ever go back and tell everyone not to event bother. I have written them 3 letters with no response 2 months later.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephen H

As you know, we did seem to have troubled communicating, but I did respond to your immediately and in great detail to your concerns. Unfortunately, my email did not reach you, I assume due to your Spam controls. But, I am glad that we communicated and we look for to the pleasure of your return.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I thought this would be a great place for the memorial day weekend after looking at the reviews on trip advisor. I was quite disappointed. The pool wasn't open. They claimed they did not have time to clean it. Wouldn't a hotel make it a priority to have the pool cleaned for the holiday weekend? Kids where everywhere-even in the bar past nine o'clock. The ceiling tiles in our room fell down and the ceiling was leaking brown water. We complained and they barely cleaned it up. There were still pieces of the ceiling on the floor when we left. The air conditioner was too loud to even sleep. Not much to do there, just spa, golf, shooting stuff, and horseback riding- all for A LOT of money. They had a fitness center that was only open for 3 hours and it costs to rent the equipment for tennis and raquetball. The claimed the had a full fitness center in the building, but it was never open for me to check it out. We were bored, so we asked for a list of things to do around the area and the front desk couldn't find one or even give us a suggestion. Elevators took forever to use. They looked like they were made 100 years ago and were never updated. We were on the 3rd floor and it took us 5 minutes to get down to breakfast because for some reason, the elevator had to pick people up on the upper floors before going down. I saw employees arguing during the breakfast buffet. Very unprofessional. We ate lunch in the lounge one day and there was only one waitress there. She said the reason was all of the employees quit at the same time. That doesn't look good for the hotel. The must not treat their employees very well. And we all know unhappy employees can make a customer's experience unpleasant. The two positive things I can say, was the breakfast was very good and the view from our room was great, but I wouldn't go back. I should of spent the extra 200 dollars and went to Cove Haven or Pocono Palace. All in all this place wasn't worth the money.

Room Tip: Before booking, ask if there is a wedding, soccer team, or conference being held during the time of...
2  Thank Krista S

We appreciate your comments. Due to inclimate weather conditions, our pool was not open very early this year. Other resorts in the area were also faced with issues quite similar. Obviously there are many things you experienced which lead me to believe that you did not see us at our best. It is unacceptable that any of our guests leave our facility with feelings like this. I hope you will return to find that we can be the number one choice for anyone who is looking for the most extravagant place to reside while visiting the Pocono Region.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The resort was a fantastic break from our everyday hustle & bussle of a life. We arrived on 5/17 at 9:30am after a 5 hour ride. We were greeted at the front desk by 2 young women who were professional and delightful. We asked if we could check in early and were told that a room would possibly be open in about an hour. We went shopping at the outlets down road and return to the wonderful news that the room was ready. We stayed in Laurel Lodge in an amazing room! We felt very at home w/ huge windows that show beautiful scenery. The bed was very comfortable along w/ vast amount of pillows that were supplied. The 3 remotes did not function though for the 2 tv's in the room. It was a pain in butt to get up to change channel but did not take away from the 4 days we were their. I could have slept in the walk-in closet due to the large size; made me think i didn't pack enough clothes. The couch and chair in room were mighty comfortable. The bathroom was average size in comparision to size of room. The walk-in shower was very spacious but lacked the spray power due to the small shower head. The pedstal sink was rather exquisite also. We did hear a couple doors open n close over the weekend but that was not a major issue. We never heard any noise from other rooms on floor. We tried to go listen to accoustic music on friday night at lounge but their was alot of noise and what appeared like drunk people crowed in bar area. Disappointing but not the end of world. Also let desk know that a light bulb was out on thursday night outside laurel lodge walkway and when we left on sunday, it had still not been fixed. Frog-town restaurant was a great restaurant to visit w/ amazing food! 1 major complaint was when leaving sunday morning 5/20, their was a marathon being run w/ no one able to leave resort to get home; This was very frustrating due to fact that we left real early in morning and still could not make it out. Not a good thing when you have a 5 hour ride ahead of you. Added hour and 30 minutes to our drive. Lisa the gm was out their and had no prior knowledge of this. Seems strange that w/ such a big event, no notice was given to everyone that would be affected by the route.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade when checking in. Also, don't be afraid to let desk know if something is wrong...
1  Thank nick z
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. The race that shut down both of our main entrances was quite an inconvenience and a surprise, for that I regret. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I must say that the Frogtown Inn Restaurant is one of my favorites.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!