“just go...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Stamford, Connecticut
“just go...”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is a blend of timeless charm with endless activities. If you remove the flat screen TV from the room you could very much be in the 18th century. The staff is laid back while being attentive at the same time. Unlike most so called resorts this one really has just about everything. We did skeet shooting and archery and could have done pistol shooting also. Try that at a New York resort. They also have dog sledding, snowmobiles, ATV’s and horseback riding, fly fishing and more. It’s endless. The spa is a bonus. Plenty to do for kids and adults. We will be making this a regular annual trip in the winter and summer. I’ve traveled the world and it’s nice to find a place less than a two hour car ride away that offers so much in all seasons. Won’t be missing the airport hassles. I gave it a 4 rating overall. While everyplace could use improvements I've stayed at 4 and 5 stars that didn't leave me as satisfied as this one. We felt like we got more than our moneys worth. We've paid three times the amount in other places and just didn't feel it was worth it. Just go!

Room Tip: Get a corner room. Views from two sides of the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I appreciate your review with regard to your recent stay! It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to partake in some of the activities that we have to offer. Our staff does everything within their power to please each and every guest. I hope you return to see that we have even more to offer than you experienced during your first visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Recently stayed here for a high school reunion. Even though it was late November and the outside temperature was 12 degrees, my room (and the rooms of 3 others) had NO heat. The room temperature was 48 degrees. By checking other reviews on TripAdvisor, you can see that this is a recurring theme at this hotel. The Poconos are a big tourist destination and there are plenty of hotels from which to choose - be smart and pick somewhere else to stay (unless it's summer).

3 Thank Mark S
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience. We have had some recent heating issues and I apologize that they had an effect on your stay. It is unacceptable that our Front Desk staff place ANY guests in rooms with known unresolved issues. I can assure you that any heating problems are being corrected immediately. I hope you can return to see that The Inn at Pocono Manor is more than just a hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We ate at this location on a whim, and we were so very glad that we did. The cuisine was culinary delights at its finest, from the soup, to the bread, and our meals were exquisite. The pork chop is a MUST!! The only drawback: do NOT have the red velvet cake. It will ruin your palate for the entire evening.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Our food and beverage staff is proving to be well seasoned. I apologize that you did not enjoy the cake, but I am pleased to hear the rest of your dining experience was delightful. I hope you can return for some more fine dining in the future.
Old Bridge, NJ
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Just spent 3 wonderful days at the Inn. Wish it could have been longer. We had a corner room on the 7th floor of the tower with two sets of windows and great views of the mountains. We were on a meal plan that included a full buffet breakfast with freshly made omelettes and dinner. The dinner menu is a subset of the regular menu but you can order from the big menu and pay the difference if any. The staff was very friendly, especially April in the Lamplighter. My girlfriend enjoyed two spa treatments. We hope to return at Christmas for a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride. The Inn is located 10 minutes from Mt Airy Casino and 20 minutes from Cherry Valley Vineyards.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 796 of the tower which is on the corner so there are two sets of windows. Very cle...
2 Thank Tom J J
I would like to thank you for your recent review. There are endless activities for couples and families alike! I am very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and I hope to hear of any future experiences you may have with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor.
Warminster
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We recently stayed 2 weekend nights at the Inn. Reading previous reviews I prepared for cold rooms and they were spot on. It was genuinely "chilly" not just in our room but everywhere. I counted at least 7-8 fireplaces but none were lit. Space heaters were used instead. Room was on the smaller side but adequate. King size bed was very comfy. Bathroom was recently renovated (shower head could have been higher). Breakfast buffet was ok but omelettes were over-cooked. There is a lot of activities available but little information as to where and when. IE there is a fire pit located out front which was lit on friday night and looked inviting however it was not lit on Saturday night. Maybe they need an activities director. All in all nice place but didn't live up to expectations.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with a view of the mountain.
1 Thank becks3
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I assure you we are correcting all the heating issues. I hope that you can return in the future to see that we can exceed any future expectations you may have.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Eight years ago, our group of women friends and family began an annual ritual of a weekend at the Inn at Pocono Manor. We get together to rest and renew, to enjoy one another's company, to shop at the outlets, take in fabulous spa treatments, hike the trails, and hit the casino.

Every year, it gets better! The staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. The food is delicious and abundant. Our waiter, Raymond, was an absolute delight to encounter every time we entered the dining room. The rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable. The public spaces are cozy and inviting, and our group's meeting room was bright and cheerful.

Can't wait for next year!

1 Thank Joy B
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I would like to thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that our improvements are not going unnoticed. I will pass your comments along to our staff. I look forward to wowing your next year!
Mount Kisco, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

For the past 8 years a large group of us venture to The Inn at Pocono Manor for a weekend of relaxation and fun. The Inn meets all of our needs. The staff is top notch and extremely accommodating. We hike, eat scrumptious meals, take advantage of the spa services, dance in the Lounge, as well as partaking in many other activities they offer. We also take advantage of the close proximity to the outlets and casino for which a shuttle is available. The rooms are comfortable and clean. An extremely good value.

Room Tip: Speak to Lana or Susan
2 Thank Laurel M
Thank you for your recent review. I’m very glad to hear that your outing continues to be all you can ask for. If there is anything that we can do to improve, please let me know!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!