“Disappointing”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Having read reviews was looking forward to staying here for the weekend. Arrived late fri night, Rebecca at front desk was lovely. Got to the room and there was garbage in the waste paper baskets, a layer of dust on every surface, spots on faucets in bathroom... Had obviously not been touched during cleaning... Back of bathroom door was disgusting. Was too tired to call down and just went to sleep. Called front desk this morning, explained the state of the room and was very nice about it... Saying I thought housekeeping should be aware. Didn't want to be moved, didn't want a refund. Nothing. Just letting them know room was dirty. Leave for the morning, come back, beds were made, garbage was taken... Bathroom sink not touched again by housekeeping, layer of dust still everywhere. Will not complain again and will stay our night tonight... But will obviously never return and advise others the same. For the price one would at least expect a decent level of housekeeping. Seems to be too much to ask for.

• Stayed March 2014
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I’m very distressed by your review. I am going to speak with our executive housekeeper about your comments. As a team from management through to our line employees we have been trained and expected to do our jobs to the best of our abilities. In your situation there was obviously a breakdown in communication and service. I apologize for that and I would appreciate you calling me to further discuss your experience and hopefully we can once again gain your confidence that we can provide you with a quality stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Douglas, MA
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Found this place last minute while in town. They had cookies waiting for us, or so we thought. It was potpourri.

They let us check out the rooms before we bought. The rooms were fine. Clean and basic. Shower worked well ;)

Would come back. Good value for the dollar.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m glad you felt you received good value for the price you paid. Our goal is to offer all of our guests a great product and also to deliver great value as well. I’m sorry about the cookies but the next time you make your reservation please let me know so I can have some of our delicious cookies waiting for you upon your arrival.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised. It was wonderful to have so many activities right on the grounds. We never left the property. It was great for a weekend getaway with my husband. The room and bathroom were not that big but the decor was nice. I expected the rooms to not be so big since the Inn is a Historical building. We truly enjoyed the location of the Inn and the fact that it was historical. The views surrounding us were very nice. The staff was very pleasant. We would definitely hope to come back and consider coming with our four children and stay longer!

Room Tip: If you stay in the tower you get the best views of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review. I agree with you that with so many activities here at your fingertips you can just park the car and forget about it for the weekend. Back in 1902 when the Quakers decided to build a grand resort here in the Poconos they wanted a great view and WOW did they get it. We look forward to having you here again as our guest.
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. I was traveling with my parents and teenage daughter. The inn was very quaint. The food was absolutely 5 star. There was many activities and we wish our stay was longer. The staff was extremely accommodating and were quick to take care of the small requests that we made.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna L
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for the great review. These are the kind of reviews we continually strive for and believe me the entire staff thanks you as well. We look forward to your return visit.
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The bathrooms were very tight. The breaksfast in the morning was outstanding. There were lots of choices. Service was great, too. Kids enjoyed the pool. We went to Camelback snow tubing which was so much fun for all ages. Afterwards be sure to visit the Brewery. We would definately go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sounds like the perfect get-away. Thank you for your kind review and you are correct that there is so much to do in the Poconos. I’m not sure which guest room you stayed in but normally we do not hear that our bathrooms are very tight. Next time you make your reservation please contact me and we can look into getting you a bigger bathroom as we do offer varying room types.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great hotel, beautiful lobby, restaurants and sitting rooms. the room was great, the bathrooms are a bit dated, but they are clean and nice. took the boys skiing and they loved it, will do it again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I’m glad you enjoyed skiing with your family. We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I planned a ski trip in the Poconos to get out of town and I'm so glad we stayed at the Inn at Pocono Manor. The hotel was nice, front desk staff curtious, clean rooms and an outstanding breakfast buffet each morning.

The room decor is nicely done, but the vent in the room is extremely loud when the air kicks on. The only other detail that would make the room better is if they had mini frigs instead of renting at the front desk. The bar was nice, but I would say the food is a little over priced and the bartenders aren't that friendly.

All in all, it was a great stay and we will definitely go back there. It's 5 minutes from the outlets and 10 minutes from Camelback Mountain, so what more do you really need??

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m glad you enjoyed your experience here and you were able to get in some good skiing close by. I agree that we have a great staff and our staff is trained to not only meet our guest’s needs but to exceed them. That is why I’m a little surprised that your bartenders weren’t friendlier to you. Normally we get good comments about our bartenders. I will discuss this with the Food & Beverage Manager. My apologies and hopefully we will see you back here in the near future to enjoy another great stay here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!