“The Inn at Pocono Manor for pleasure or business”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Tarrytown, New York
“The Inn at Pocono Manor for pleasure or business”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our first visit was for pleasure; a long weekend away. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and professional. I cannot say enough about the service in the restaurants. Sunday brunch is excellent. Food was beautifully presented, fresh and hot. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and we enjoyed the fireplaces, pool, and ping pong.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara V
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for the terrific review. It’s true, whether you are here for pleasure or business; we provide a beautiful property, delicious food, lots of amenities & activities along with a great staff. We work very hard as a team to ensure that we not only meet our guest’s expectations but that we exceed them. We’re glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Westtown, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were impressed by the hotel and found the staff very pleasant. It was exactly what we were looking for, a quiet get away in the mountains. Unfortunately it was raining during our stay so we could not enjoy much of the grounds but we would love to bring our children back in the nicer weather. I especially loved the time period decor and cozy fireplace.We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for the very nice review. With so many out-door activities is was unfortunate that with all the rain you weren’t able to enjoy them. We are very happy with our recent renovations to the lobby, all the public space and guest rooms. I’m glad you enjoyed them. Hopefully when you return with your children the weather will cooperate and you and your family will be able to enjoy all of our out-door activities.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It was a last minute plan to stay here with my gf for her birthday. I wanted to get her a relaxing massage, she has been dying to go horseback riding and have a weekend getaway. This place had everything. The Inn had gorgeous views of the mountains and was in a quiet area. Both restaurants were excellent and the drinks were made spot on (I enjoyed many martinis). The massage was excellent and relaxing indeed. Most fun I had was the horseback riding. The riding itself was awesome but the best part was hanging around the stable before the ride, petting different animals (goats, cats, rabbits, horses and a pony). I loved chatting with all the people at the stable as they were extremely friendly and welcoming. Thats not to take away from the staff bc all of them were great. The upscale restaurant even sang happy birthday to my gf, which was a surprise to her. All in all it was a great experience and I would like to come back in the warmer months to see what else there is to offer. Maybe a horse back ride by their waterfalls. Only bad experience I had was getting a flat tire due to a HUGE crater of a pothole. I didn't have a spare and EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday in Mount Pocono. But even that didn't ruin the excellent time I had.
Note: The Inn is a historic building so do not expect to have really upscale 5 star rooms. I certainly didn't but I've seen some complaints about the decor and such. The bed was comfy, everything was clean and ac/heat worked just fine. With so much to do there, why would you need to be in the room anyway lol

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for the terrific review and I’m very sorry about the flat tire. As soon as the snow melted we were out patching what seemed to be a thousand pot holes. My guess would be that we haven’t had that many pot holes to fill since we had dirt roads around here. I’m glad you enjoyed our restaurants, spa, horseback riding and everything in-between. We look forward to seeing you here this summer.
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Traveled the weekend of March 28 with 40 college students for a leadership retreat. The staff at the Inn were very nice and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable but could use a bit of sprucing up. As we were a large group we ate all meals in the buffet restaurant. The food was plentiful but some dishes did lack seasoning. The brownies and cheesecake were a big hit. My one regret was the weather. The rain kept us all indoors and we did not get a chance to experience the property at all. Beware of hidden costs. Students wanted to play basketball and were told it was a $10 per person charge, a game of pool $1 a game. Maybe I am wrong but to charge $10 a person for a basketball seems very high.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I do remember your group and we were very excited that you chose us again for your weekend leadership retreat. We do offer so much out-door recreation options that it is a shame you could not enjoy some of them. I am surprised that our food was not seasoned to your taste. Normally we get good feedback on our buffets. I will definitely look into what and how your buffets were done. A dollar for a game of pool these days is the average rate unless it’s free. Also with so few in-door basketball court options available, in our area, that is the typical fee they are able to charge. The next time you and your fellow students decide to come back, if given enough time, we can work out a group discount for you.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel has so much to do on property. I will be coming back to use the beautiful pool this summer and want to ride horses at the stables. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are cozy and the convenience of the bar & restaurant make dining extremely pleasurable. The Crossing's Outlet is very close. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I’m excited by your terrific review. Our staff continuously works hard to provide outstanding guest experiences. It’s always much appreciated when our guests take the time to comment so positivley. Thank you and we look forward to your return trip this summer.
mount sinai
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We traveled as a family of four the last week of February.
We got there on a Weds and the hotel was empty. My husband was nervous because I had booked it and it is a very large place to see no one in the lobby. My 9 year old loved the lobby because it looked like "grandma's nursing home" ---there is a lot of floral and it is a little busy.
When we checked in, we had an issue with our room which the gentleman at the front desk fixed for us. He didn't do it with a smile and seemed a little annoyed but because the hotel was "empty" he would have had a hard time explaining why he couldn't change our room. We had a nice queen room on the second floor. Decent size with a small bathroom--view of the parking lot. It was very clean and we used the pool. My kids loved the part of having to walk to the pool as they felt they were in the lower levels of the titanic to get there. The hotel was very large and had a game room as well as two restaurants. We did order take out from the bar restaurant (can't remember the name) on two different nights and ate in our room. The kids loved it, but $12 for a kids meal was a little steep so we had to improvise. It seems as though this complaint happens often because the bartender showed us options to get around this. (I have never seen kids meals for $12 before and this was a main turn off for us) The beds were very comfortable. We had scheduled the dog sledding on the property but due to different issues with the dog sledding folks we had to reschedule dog sledding for late in the afternoon the day we were scheduled to leave so we spoke to the hotel about extending our stay by one night. This threw us into the weekend and the hotel was close to sold out. They were able to accomodate us, but we had to move to a smaller room on the 7th floor in the tower. The view was wonderful, but the room was really, really, really tight for a family of 4. It made the bathroom in the queen room feel like a palace and our luggage took up a lot of the room.
We called down to the front desk and asked for additional pillos and 2 luggage racks as there were none in the room. We left for the evening and came back to 1 luggage rack and "do it yourself" pillows. I have never ever, had pillows dropped in our room in a bag. We opened the bag to find the pillows without pillowcases. There were pillowcases in the bag and we had to put them on ourselves. It only took 30 seconds, but put a very bad taste in our mouths. We called down to the front desk again about the luggage cart and another one was promptly brought up.
Overall, the price is right. The hotel isn't perfect, but it does have some plus' including being really close to camelback, having snowmobiling on the property as well as dogsledding.

Room Tip: We ended up in a tower room when we switched rooms which are all double rooms, but the view is great...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sharon s
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your review and especially the 4 circle rating. I can honestly say this is the first time I have had our lobby described as “looking like Grandma’s nursing home”. The in-door pool is a nice amenity to have especially with young children. We do not actually get many complaints from our guest’s about our children’s menu and we train all of our staff to assist our guests in any way, including our bartenders. I do apologize for how you received your service requests and I have spoken with our housekeeping supervisor and we are going to review with our housekeeping department guest service requests and procedures.

I’m so glad you had a chance to experience the dog sledding as it is truly a wonderful activity. Also that is a terrific view from the tower rooms. I hope to see you back here again in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stay here for a day and the view of the property from outside is pretty nice. The property offers a lot of activities and hence your primary purpose of stay is activities, then it is worth staying. Otherwise the rooms were ok and looked kind of wore down. Had an issue in the bathroom which was promptly taken care of. The property provides no room service and hence if you need anything you have to do it yourself. Overall, I feel the property needs some sort of rennovation and is a bit overpriced!!

Room Tip: Try to book room with view of the mountains!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I agree that the view is pretty nice and we do offer a lot of activities. Even though we do not offer room service we do offer take-out service at both our restaurants. I am sorry your accommodations did not meet your standards on this particular stay. We offer 192 recently renovated guest rooms in the main Inn but we also offer accommodations adjacent to the main building as well. Those guest rooms are located either in the Laurel or Spruce buildings. They have not recently been renovated but they are clean and comfortable. Our practice is to first sell out the main inn and then offer the remaining rooms at a discount. Our standard practice is to inform prospective guests that the only remaining guest rooms are not in the main inn and that they have not been recently renovated. I’m not sure how the booking process went for you but if you would like to call me to further discuss I would be happy to hear from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!