“Not what was expected”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Sidney
“Not what was expected”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Inn. The King Room was much smaller than anticipated and no refrigerator or other amenities that we would have expected. But it was clean and well kept. Pool was not in service-which we were not told until we asked why we could not get into the pool area. On our last night there-there was a group of young adults that ran the halls yelling, laughing and being rude and disrespectful all night long-until 3:30-4:00 in the morning. Security had to be called countless times, very frustrating to be staying at such a nice place only to get no rest and leave very frustrated. Not sure I would recommend or want to stay here again. We would have been better off sleeping in our car that last night-or better yet just coming home. Overall disappointed and would have to think really hard about staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark E
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your review though not one we ever enjoy getting. I’m glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We do have refrigerators available to our guests if they are requested. We do however charge a fee for the use of our portable refrigerators. I’m not sure by reading your review that you requested one. I have not gotten too many reviews concerning our lack of in-room amenities but feel free to call or email me as we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences. I do apologize for the in-door pool being out of service but it was a decision that had to be made quickly, as the repairs were unexpected and needed immediately. I also do apologize for the group you referred to during your stay. It can be very frustrating in our business when a group of individuals decide that their conscience decision to behave badly is more important than your right to a peaceful and quiet night’s rest. Even with the best screening processes and history checks, groups like the one you experienced during the last night of your stay make their way in. I would appreciate if you would reach out to me via email or phone so we can plan you and your family’s next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Montvale
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was awesome. Breakfast is included with the room and there is a lot of sausage and bacon in the servers.

The bar is "lively" at night; perhaps a bit too noisy for conversation. But there are a lot of seating areas not far from the bar and it's a better option for conversations.

Internet access was poor to non-existent on Saturday of our weekend event. That needs to be more robust. We had a lot of attendees at the conference and I'm sure everyone was trying to access the WiFi that day. I could connect to the WiFi network, but the internet was not available.

We always enjoy the annual conference at the Inn at Pocono Manor but especially so this year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your very positive review. Our breakfast buffets are indeed bountiful and delicious. I’m glad your conference was a huge success this year. I’m not sure why you weren’t able to utilize our Wi-Fi network. Normally we are able to accommodate everyone without any interruption of service. The only thing I can think of is; if a large group breaks at the same time and everyone tries to log on in the same area at the same time then it is possible not everyone will be able to log on. Our access points can only handle 35 users at a time but we have many access points throughout the property. I will however check with our IT Director to see if we had any internet issues recently. We look forward to again welcoming you and your group next year.
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My Wife And I Had The Pleasure Of Staying Here At The Inn At Pocono Manor. Quaint Rooms Nicely Decorated, Wonderful Staff And Sunday Brunch Was Very Well Done And Tasty. Indoor Pool was clean And Refreshing. This Hotel Was Built In I Believe in 1902 So There Is Alot Of Old School Fireplaces And Pictures From Early Days. We Loved It And Will Go Back Soon ...

Room Tip: The Views Are Spectacular So Try To Get A Room With A View Of The Mountains..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert D
Thanks for the great review and we were happy to have you as our guests. Also I agree with everything you said. You are correct! We first opened our doors in 1902 and we have been, without interruption, entertaining guests longer than any resort in the Poconos.
Galloway, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked here for a girl's weekend and were very happy! There was a large group at the hotel when we checked in so we were a little nervous but there was no need. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a mountain view room and the view was amazing! The hotel was quiet and the room comfortable. It was close to the activies we wanted to do as well. We didn't get to eat at the restaurants. But I plan on coming back with my kids this summer so I plan on trying them on my next visit! I also want to try the spa, services look great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the very nice review. I agree that are staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on the ability to handle large groups and small intimate groups such as yours at the same time. I’m sorry you didn’t get to enjoy eating in one of our three restaurants or enjoy one of our many spa options. We look forward to seeing you and your family here in the near future.
Suffern, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked our stay here after reading some reviews of resorts in the Poconos and were specifically looking for one that offered prenatal massages. We didn't feel the rooms were very pricey. We arrived late Friday night and it was a bit hard to find the property as it was rainy and VERY foggy. I was surprised that their main sign out on the main road was not lit up as it was extremely hard to determine where to make our turn onto manor road. Check-in was easy and we were very pleased with our room. We were provided with a room in the tower that had windows on 2 sides of the room....AMAZING view. We were also happy with the size of the room, the gigantic closet, comfortable bed and the rest of the room decoration. The room was extremely hot though...the thermostat read at 80 degrees. We tried putting on the air conditioner but it just made the room hotter. We called the front desk, they told us the air had not been turned on yet as it was still cool at night and that maintenance would come up. Maintenance suggested we turn off the system completely, turn on the (very nice) ceiling fan and open up the windows for a nice cross breeze.....it worked! Just glad the hotel had windows that actually opened..most don't.
The next day we enjoyed brunch down in the restaurant and we were very happy with the quality & selection of the food for the price ($13pp). Later that day I went for my massage and manicure at the Laurel Spa...highly recommended!! My husband stayed in the room. Later in the afternoon we were leaving to check out some places in town and stopped at the front desk to let them know we were leaving and that we'd like our room made up. They assured this would be done....we were gone for 4 hours....the room was not made up when we returned. We contacted the front desk and all we got was an apology. Otherwise the rest of our stay was nice & uneventful. When we checked out, we were told that we were charged $10/day for the refrigerator we asked to have in the room for medical purposes....the fee for having a fridge was NEVER brought up when I made the reservation or when we checked-in...so this was a surprise cost that we weren't happy with.
Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay and have discussed visiting again at some point.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view room if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren A
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your review! I agree that we offer very good value for the price. I’m sorry about the fog and the rain. Our mountain-top location can provide for some interesting weather. On the other hand as you noted, you are rewarded with exceptional views by being on top of the mountain. I will review with our front office & reservation team our policy on in-room refrigerators and how we offer them to our guest’s. Good luck with the birth of your child and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back here in the near future.
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visit this beautifull hotel for a Church Retreat and had an amazing time. The beds are very comfortable and temperature in our room was perfect and easy to control. I know other floors had some heat issues but that didn't affect us. The Front Desck Staff was very helpful at check and attentive at the Retreat Dinner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for such a nice review. I do agree! We provide the perfect setting for a church retreat or any other type of social or business gathering. It is amazing how many comments we get from guest’s who want to know where they can purchase one of our comfy beds. We are sorry for the inconsistency your group experienced with the heating system. We are currently in the midst of a $1 million HVAC upgrade which will be completed very soon. We look forward to having you and your group back next spring.
Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our first visit was for pleasure; a long weekend away. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and professional. I cannot say enough about the service in the restaurants. Sunday brunch is excellent. Food was beautifully presented, fresh and hot. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and we enjoyed the fireplaces, pool, and ping pong.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara V
Thank you for the terrific review. It’s true, whether you are here for pleasure or business; we provide a beautiful property, delicious food, lots of amenities & activities along with a great staff. We work very hard as a team to ensure that we not only meet our guest’s expectations but that we exceed them. We’re glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
Hotel M, Mount Pocono
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!