“Wonderful experience!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just concluded a series of business meetings at the Pocono Manor and was extremely pleased with the event. The Manor has a 100+ year history which only added to the peacefulness and tranquility. The rooms were clean and neat and the beds were super comfortable! The food was excellent with a wide variety offered. I cannot say enough good things about the staff who were all very helpful and courteous. I especially thank the chef's, hostesses and wait staff who attended to our group. Their cheerfulness, friendliness and professionalism is an asset to the Manor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Once again we thank you for your great review. I agree our history enhances an already enjoyable visit especially if you allow yourself to imagine an earlier time here. We are very proud of all our staff and I agree with everything you said. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues here again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was there from thursday 5-1 to 5-4 for a union convention. It couldn't have been a better weekend. All staff were friendly and delightful with every interaction. The housekeeping staff was excellent and our room was very clean. The view of the mountains from the suite was spectacular. Each morning the breakfast buffet was superb with a huge variety of choices. The lunch buffet each day was overwhelmingly delicious and all the food was cooked just right. Every dinner meal was just as amazing the wait staff were pleasant and there were a variety of choices. I would gladly head back to The Inn and Pocono Manor to experience the many activities located on the grounds. I had a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. Your review tells us, as a team, we are doing a good job. I do remember your group and we thank you for choosing us for your convention and we hope to see you here again next year.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I recently booked a block of 8 rooms for a birthday celebration at the Inn at Pocono Manor. Overall, I was very happy with the experience with a few caveats.

The hotel, built around the turn of the last century has withstood the test of time...with some alterations. It is evident from walking around the grounds that it is a bit faded from its former self but it is hanging on nobly and only the pickier of folks would find fault with the facilities for a general stay. There was a lot of evidence of rooms being refurbished with what looked like new air conditioners. In fact, an entire wing on our floor appeared to be closed for renovation.

Our King room was very nice, reasonably big, and clean. There were more sockets surrounding the room than I've ever seen in any hotel anywhere. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. Most of the other rooms in our party were similar. One room was smaller and those guests requested another room and were given one immediately.

One unfortunate aspect to our stay was that a huge fraternity had booked a large number of rooms and, by all accounts, were very rowdy. My parents (in their 80s) said that they ran down the hall knocking on all of the doors. Had I heard of this prior to departing, I would have complained to the front desk on their behalf. Another in my party with a small child DID complain and the situation was handled to their satisfaction. The remainder of my party returned after this had quieted down and so it wasn't an issue for the rest of us. Still might be worth inquiring if any large groups are booked for your timeframe and plan accordingly.

The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the choices were plentiful and all equally delicious. The dining room is regal and it made for a wonderful celebratory breakfast.

The amenities varied. The WIFI was fine and easily accessible. The AC and heating was noisy and a few of us opted to turn it off and avoid the noisy fan. The pool was apparently open though the front desk said it was closed for maintenance because it was "cloudy". We walked down there and it was, indeed, cloudy, but there were no signs that it was closed and nothing would have prevented us from swimming in it had we not be told that it was "closed". There's a gameroom with a handful of videogames and a movie theater which the front desk staff said they would open for our young guest who could "choose any movie" he wanted. They scored big with him though he never took them up on it.

In the end, everyone in my party was very happy with the hotel and all said they would stay there again...in fact, I believe some of them are actively planning to do so. Beyond all of the physical and tangible attributes to the hotel, I must mention the group booking manager who bent over backwards to accommodate my unconventional reservation. I felt as though he bent every rule in the book to make it work for me and I won't forget that. Every encounter I had with the staff was pleasant and helpful. A great staff is, ultimately, what makes a great hotel great.

Great value and location! Just avoid the frat parties!

Room Tip: Rooms with lower secondary numbers (-01...-09, etc) are closer to the elevators and front desk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SkepticB

Thank you for the excellent review. I do remember your group and we thank you for your business. All of our staff here work so hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and it is gratifying to have you point that out. Zak, your Sales Manager, does a fantastic job with our groups and he is a valuable asset to our whole operation. We are excited that some of your guests are already making plans to return.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a very nice Inn, tucked back and perfect for a getaway. I only ate at the restaurant and the food and wine was delicious. I'd like to go again but this time stay at the Inn. There is a lot to do in the area, horseback riding, a spa, the casino and Pocono Mountain/Camelbeach.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the very nice review. I agree that our food is delicious and our wine selections are good. There is a lot to do in the area not just horseback riding, spa, casino and Camelbeach but also hiking, fishing, shooting, swimming, shopping, in-door water parks and much more. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Inn. The King Room was much smaller than anticipated and no refrigerator or other amenities that we would have expected. But it was clean and well kept. Pool was not in service-which we were not told until we asked why we could not get into the pool area. On our last night there-there was a group of young adults that ran the halls yelling, laughing and being rude and disrespectful all night long-until 3:30-4:00 in the morning. Security had to be called countless times, very frustrating to be staying at such a nice place only to get no rest and leave very frustrated. Not sure I would recommend or want to stay here again. We would have been better off sleeping in our car that last night-or better yet just coming home. Overall disappointed and would have to think really hard about staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark E
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your review though not one we ever enjoy getting. I’m glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We do have refrigerators available to our guests if they are requested. We do however charge a fee for the use of our portable refrigerators. I’m not sure by reading your review that you requested one. I have not gotten too many reviews concerning our lack of in-room amenities but feel free to call or email me as we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences. I do apologize for the in-door pool being out of service but it was a decision that had to be made quickly, as the repairs were unexpected and needed immediately. I also do apologize for the group you referred to during your stay. It can be very frustrating in our business when a group of individuals decide that their conscience decision to behave badly is more important than your right to a peaceful and quiet night’s rest. Even with the best screening processes and history checks, groups like the one you experienced during the last night of your stay make their way in. I would appreciate if you would reach out to me via email or phone so we can plan you and your family’s next visit with us.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The room was awesome. Breakfast is included with the room and there is a lot of sausage and bacon in the servers.

The bar is "lively" at night; perhaps a bit too noisy for conversation. But there are a lot of seating areas not far from the bar and it's a better option for conversations.

Internet access was poor to non-existent on Saturday of our weekend event. That needs to be more robust. We had a lot of attendees at the conference and I'm sure everyone was trying to access the WiFi that day. I could connect to the WiFi network, but the internet was not available.

We always enjoy the annual conference at the Inn at Pocono Manor but especially so this year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your very positive review. Our breakfast buffets are indeed bountiful and delicious. I’m glad your conference was a huge success this year. I’m not sure why you weren’t able to utilize our Wi-Fi network. Normally we are able to accommodate everyone without any interruption of service. The only thing I can think of is; if a large group breaks at the same time and everyone tries to log on in the same area at the same time then it is possible not everyone will be able to log on. Our access points can only handle 35 users at a time but we have many access points throughout the property. I will however check with our IT Director to see if we had any internet issues recently. We look forward to again welcoming you and your group next year.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My Wife And I Had The Pleasure Of Staying Here At The Inn At Pocono Manor. Quaint Rooms Nicely Decorated, Wonderful Staff And Sunday Brunch Was Very Well Done And Tasty. Indoor Pool was clean And Refreshing. This Hotel Was Built In I Believe in 1902 So There Is Alot Of Old School Fireplaces And Pictures From Early Days. We Loved It And Will Go Back Soon ...

Room Tip: The Views Are Spectacular So Try To Get A Room With A View Of The Mountains..
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D

Thanks for the great review and we were happy to have you as our guests. Also I agree with everything you said. You are correct! We first opened our doors in 1902 and we have been, without interruption, entertaining guests longer than any resort in the Poconos.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!