“Wonderful Mother's Day weekend stay”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Mother's Day weekend stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A lovely weekend not only due to being with my lovely little boy, but also because of where we chose to stay. The Inn had a nice brunch and the staff is super friendly and accomodating. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean but small...unless you get a suite (which are not advertised) or a mountain view king room. Many activities to do at the Inn or around the area. Who knew the Poconos had much to offer?

• Stayed May 2014
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Sounds like you had the perfect Mother’s Day! I’m glad you chose to share your Mother’s Day with us. We try to make Mother’s Day weekend a very special weekend for our guests. We hope you will visit again soon and continue your exploration of the Poconos!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
boston
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently arranged a group booking at this wonderful hotel. It is elegant, historic, charming, beautiful, affordable! We had the breakfast and dinner plan .. excellent cuisine.
Helpful staff whi went above and beyond fulfilling our every request.

Room Tip: Request a view overlooking the Poconos!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. I have passed on your high praise to all of our staff. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Upon entering the crowded lobby and waiting on line for fifteen minutes to check in, we got a room on the sixth floor. No luggage carts were available or bell service. My mother had a hard time walking the distance from the elevator to our room. Upon arrival the beds were so small two people could not fit. Front desk upgraded us to a suite. We had to once again shlep all our luggage to a new room. The upgrade was worse. There was a pull out bed that was horrible. The springs were in our back all night. The indoor pool is outdated and down a flight of unsafe steep tile steps. I don't think this place is very nice or worth the money. Its old. The views are nice though. The overall experience was lousy.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank travelinghobo69
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you were less than thrilled with your stay. This time of year, the hotel is quite busy. We do have bellmen and carts to assist. I imagine you may not have seen them as they were most likely busy with other guests. If bell service was not offered to you at check-in, than that error is certainly ours. I am a bit confused as to your comment with regard to the size of our beds. All of our beds are fulls, queens or kings. The indoor pool is certainly down a flight of steps and unfortunately, there is no way for us to make it ADA accessible. The steps are well lit, have anti-skid seals and firm handrails. But if someone has a difficulty walking it is certainly an inconvenience. I wish we were aware of your Mother’s walking difficulty; we have handicapped rooms as well as rooms on the main floor and/or near an elevator. Perhaps, this would have made your stay more enjoyable.

Travellers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went with the family on a last minute getaway and the staff was very friendly. However, the room was nice, nothing extravagant, but the floors were soooo squeaky and extremely noisy. The walls are paper thin as well and you could hear your neighbors next door. I told the front desk and they stated because the property is so old or rather vintage that's what happens. When booking I was told to ask for e newer/renovated area as it is not as noisy. The staff was very friendly and I also went to the spa which was great. I might give this place another shot and just book in the quieter section to see if that helps.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer area of the property as the original section floors squeak and the walls are thin.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rubigirl13
Thank you for your nice review. Properties with our longevity and history are described in many ways vintage, historical, charming, quaint and not to mention old as well. We have earned a spot on the National Registry of Historic Places and we have been welcoming guests since 1902. With that being said, as an older building, the walls are a bit thin and the floors, in places, do creak. We hope to see you here again in the near future..
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel has everything a guest could want. It is handicapped accessible, has meeting & banquet rooms, a full service restaurant, a lounge with entertainment, indoor & outdoor pools, a fitness center and free parking. While there, I enjoyed the 36 hole champion golf course, and know I'll be back for the driving range. There are also great sports to choose from - horseback riding, a Rod & Gun club, archery, cross country skiing, sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dogsledding, and lots of hiking & biking trails going through gorgeous forest. Our grandkids loved the game room and heated indoor pool, and I enjoyed a first-class facial at the Spa. I can't wait to try the Manor Sports Club's recreational facilities amid 5 square miles of mountain scenery. I'll opt for the sporting clays and BB Gun Range, while my husband will probably take one of the guided country tours or go mountain biking. This is a place for relaxing AND having a great time doing just what you choose to do.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator and ask for one on a higher floor so you have a good view of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Arline Z
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
WOW what a terrific review. I’m so glad you and your family were able to enjoy all of our many amenities. I only have to make two corrections to as I said a terrific review. We only have, at present, one legendary 18 hole golf course. Our West course is not operational as a beautiful 100,000 square foot in-door water park is being built on part of it. Also we are just now planning to offer this summer a guided hike on weekends by our very own naturalist. We look forward to seeing you and your family here again in the near future.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Physical property: Built in 1902, it's obviously had nothing but band-aid's applied for over 100 years. The rooms are old and beat-up. The walls are paper-thin. The floors creak. The rooms have a stale smell. Maybe you'll get hot water, maybe you won't (I experienced both). The heating/cooling system is something from the 60's or 70's with analog controls, and very loud (assuming it works - though it was a problem I didn't have, I heard complaints from others that they had no heat - when people complained, the front desk would call maintenance and tell them to deliver a space heater, so it obviously is a known problem). There are pipes and wires strung along walls and ceilings to accommodate updates such as a sprinkler system and cable TV. Smoke alarms are individual and battery-powered (one woke me up one night when it started beeping, indicating the battery was going dead). There is no WI-FI - only one computer in the lobby for guest use. You can't even check-out through the TV - you have to go to the front desk and wait in line.

Staff attitude: I can only describe it as the New York/New Jersey "up yours" attitude. It took me three rooms before I was assigned to an acceptable room (and, by the way, that room had a reading lamp with no light bulb, a burned-out ceiling bulb in the bathroom, and the loudest heating/cooling system of any room I was in, so when I say "acceptable", don't think I found a room that didn't have the problems described above). And that was only after saying "let em talk to a supervisor, please". Not every employee was like this, but in my experience the bad far outnumbered the good.

Summary: if you think old and beat-up=charm, you won't have to ask anything of the employees and get their "up yours" response. Otherwise, don't come here, you probably won't enjoy your stay. I had no choice but to stay here because it was selected as a business convention location, and my employer made reservations for me and pre-paid for my room. If it were up to me personally, I would have left after the first night - there are other, better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room far from the elevator and facing away from parking. You'll st...
1 Thank 376JohnnyS
I am very sorry that you were not happy with your visit and I agree with a few of your points. We are a historic property and although we have invested over $10 million over the past three years, the walls are a bit thinner that we would like and our floors can be creaky. I would like to discuss all of your concerns and would welcome your call – I can be reached at 570-243-4006.
Nazareth, PA
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just concluded a series of business meetings at the Pocono Manor and was extremely pleased with the event. The Manor has a 100+ year history which only added to the peacefulness and tranquility. The rooms were clean and neat and the beds were super comfortable! The food was excellent with a wide variety offered. I cannot say enough good things about the staff who were all very helpful and courteous. I especially thank the chef's, hostesses and wait staff who attended to our group. Their cheerfulness, friendliness and professionalism is an asset to the Manor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Once again we thank you for your great review. I agree our history enhances an already enjoyable visit especially if you allow yourself to imagine an earlier time here. We are very proud of all our staff and I agree with everything you said. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!