“memorial weekend”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Elmsford, New York
“memorial weekend”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was great trip. we waited a long time to get away. This was the perfect place for the entire family. Thank you very much from the front desk to breakfast in the morning. very one being friendly and kind.

Room Tip: This would have to do with how many people are coming with you. there are connecting rooms big rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I’m glad you and your family had a great time and enjoyed the roominess of one of our connecting suites. We look forward to having you here again as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We usually travel once a year to the Pocono Region of PA. There is a nice golf course and walking, hiking trails close by. There is a really nice garden out back and I can see why it is known for weddings. The Inn has an indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor one is older but ok. There was no entertainment at night so you have to drive to find things to do. We ate at the bar one night and the buffet breakfast another. The Inn is real close to major roads. The room was adequate with a nice view of the mountains. A good quiet place to relax in the mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is newer - sections of the hotel have been remodeled - others are not. Request...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amiga7
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you chose us for your Pocono get-away this time. From your review it appears you had a good stay with us. You are correct, we really are known for our wonderful weddings whether you are looking for a destination wedding or if you live locally. We offer our wedding guest’s a great experience to go along with our fantastic views. I’m sorry you weren’t able to enjoy the live entertainment we provide in our Lamplighter Lounge each weekend. I’m going to guess you were here mid-week. You were also correct when you mentioned we are close to major roads. We are located just off routes 80 and 380.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here with a recent conference for 3 days and were very disappointed.

ROOMS: The room we stayed in remained warm and muggy even though we set the thermostat down to 65 degrees. We "complained" about it and nothing was done. There are no coffee makers in the room and good luck getting a cup of coffee in the lobby if there are groups staying. One morning they only brought out one pot of coffee to accomodate at least 150 people staying for conferences/meetings. When the lobby was cleared out THEN two pots were brought out! Just a tip Pocono Manor: When you have more than one group staying with you--make sure you can accomodate everyone!! They claim to have remodeled, but the room we stayed in was small and we couldn't see signs of remodeling anywhere. Maybe they are still working on it?

The lounge/bar area is nice, food is good, however, drink prices are high and if they have more than 10 people to wait on, they look like they are flustered and your service is going to suffer. And for whatever reason, the drink prices were $1 higher than a previous night. (???) There is no happy hour so that wasn't an option. And you are not welcome to BYOB.

For as big as the hotel is and as many people as they had staying for those 3 days--they only had ONE shuttle operating at the time we were there. It took them over an hour to pick us back up from Mt. Airy Casino from the time we called them, AND the driver told us it cost $2 per person to ride. This is new to me. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that charged for a shuttle.

The food they catered at the conference was just ok. A pan of food ran out before everyone could eat and it took them at least 5 minutes to replace it, which is unacceptable to me. Staff should be watching and nothing should go empty for that period of time. Then when they did come to refill it, they didn't refill it completely and it ran out again within minutes.

Unfortunately, we will not be coming here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We always hope our reviews will be positive but sadly in this case your review is not one of them. We have had a de-briefing with our management team to discuss already the things we did and didn’t do well during your association’s conference here. I would like to discuss all of your concerns and would welcome your call – I can be reached at 570-243-4006.
Theodore, Alabama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my first time staying at the Inn. The front desk staff were great, the room was very quaint. Our experience with the Lamplighter Lounge was absolutely terrible. We entered the lounge and sat down. A waiter wandered by after about 10 minutes. I asked if we needed to order at the bar or if there was table service. He said we should have ordered at the bar, but he would take care of us. We ordered our food, and what we got, for the price, was not even edible. I ordered the Macaroni and Cheese with Lobster. The amount of lobster was negligible, and the mac and cheese itself was totally unpalatable. A coworker order the Bisque, and had to send it back twice because it was cold. I never received my side salad until long after I got my entree. No wait staff ever checked back on us to see how our meals were. They literally dropped the check on the table on their way past us. So sad that you have such a nice old Inn, and the food service leaves much to be desired.

2 Thank Dustye A
Thank you for your review and I’m glad you found your accommodations to be very nice and our staff to be terrific. I do however apologize for your experience in our lounge during your stay. I can’t change the experience you and your co-worker had in the lounge but I did share your review with our chef and food & beverage director. I have discussed the service and the food you received in the lounge with them and we are reviewing with our lounge staff our accepted practices and procedures. Thank you for your feedback and when you return please contact me so that I may greet you personally.

Travellers are raving about these Pocono Manor hotels

Brookeville, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

at first it was hard to find due to the fog but after that it was good.
Room was clean,
the bar had some good entertainment.
Staff was very friendly.
Did not use the pool it was not up and running
had no time for the spa was there for a wedding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Sorry about the fog but it does add mystery to the property when it happens occasionally. Thank you for the very nice review. We try to have a variety of live entertainment in our Lamplighter Lounge most weekends. The outdoor pool is open and ready for all takers now.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My family and I have been going to The Inn at Pocono Manor for years the hotel and the property is beautiful their is something for everyone in your family . You can golf,swim,horse back riding,just to say a few. The staff is also amazing and they go above and beyond to make your stay-unforgettable. The restaurants are to die for especially the breakfast buffet when you walk in Patty greets you with the warmest welcome, she truly makes you feel like family and don't forget to visit Michelle she makes the best omelettes. This is truly a place that will be part of your family for ever. I hope you visit my favorite place Margaret Mason

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
That”s an amazing review. It’s thrilling to know that we will be a part of your family vacations for a long time. I agree Patty and Michelle are terrific. In fact all of our associates work hard to go above and beyond to make sure all of our guests have great experiences. All of us here look forward to your family’s next visit.
Hughesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

There was a lot of different amenities at this hotel. It is an old hotel that has been updated.The staff was very attentive. The only negative was that our bathroom in our room had hair all over the floor. If you are looking for a place to have a conference they are very accommodating for large groups with a breakfast, lunch buffet and a restaraunt on site.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MgmtPMI, General Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanks for the nice review and pointing out that we offer lots of recreation and amenities on-site. I do apologize for the way your guest room was presented to you. I am confident your room was an exception to our usually stellar room inspections. I’m going to review, with our executive housekeeper, how we are to inspect our guest rooms prior to our guest’s arrivals. I agree that we are a great location for conferences, family reunions, board retreats, weddings, golf outings and other events.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!