“Wonderful!”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We did not have a reservation and only stayed one night as we were only passing through. Staff was very nice - especially the young lady at the pool bar. We stayed on the 4th floor in a lovely room surrounded by a view of the mountains. The king size bed was very comfortable. We only wish we got to the hotel sooner to enjoy the amenities but got stuck in traffic due to a hazard material leak on Rt. 80. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Cindy W
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Inn at Pocono Manor. I will be more than happy to pass along your wonderful review to our Food & Beverage team about the great service you received from one of our bartenders at our PocoCabana Pool Bar. Nobody likes traffic at all, but I can certainly say with complete confidence it is was a pleasure to have you! We can't wait to see you again soon. Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
New jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had reserved 2 rooms for night for quick golf trip with two couples. The hotel only had one reservation, even though I had copies of the 2 from their web site. The pleasant front desk person, I believe Amanda, made sure to give us 2 of the nicest rooms and 4 coupons for a drink at the bar due our delay checking in.
The "Mountain King" rooms were tastefully decorated, and spacious. The views from the corner rooms were amazing. The buffet breakfast we included was excellent, with service to match. it had been 8 years since I had stayed here, and they have definitely raised the bar. We had dinner in the "Exchange" fine dining restaurant, and it was well made creative cuisine. The pork chop Valdistano was outstanding, as was the calamari appetizer. I will definitely return here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerseyguy314
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It was nice. The staff were friendly. The food was great.
It seems that it was once grand but had fallen upon hard time. Slightly shabby hall ways and corridors.
This was family reunion and I asked for adjoining rooms for my father and I. My dad's pushing 80 and has mid level dementia so I wanted to be near but not in the same room. They said they didn't have adjoining rooms but we'd be close to each other. They lied. He was in room 338 and I was in 341 and for what ever reason that wing of the hotel has a lame split level lay out that means we were on different floor. There's only one elevator bank located in the center of the complex so yo have to walk a ways w you bags.
When we checked in I asked if we should take the elevator to the 3rd floor. The lame brain lady at the front desk said no that there was another entrance out on the west wing near our rooms. There is an entrance but no elevator. So I guess she though my old dad and I were gonna slug the bags up the flights of stair. Come on lady.
When we got in the room his TV didn't work so we had to have a maintenance guy come up. He fixed it promptly and was polite.
The Reunion was great. Food and service and gathering rooms excellent. Service fantastic.
I guess the worst part of the experience at The Inn at Pocono Manor was the front desk staff and the long walks down shabby corridors. It was like "The Shining".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RKL3
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the Inn for a weekend with many other people from our family. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Food was delicious and all staff was friendly and helpful. Any request or question were had was attended to promptly. We were very impressed by that. Yes, the inn is over 100 years old so know that doors closing will sound loud out night. Maybe ear plugs to help you fall asleep would be helpful. Scenery is beautiful with many amenities available.
We would happily return to stay at the Inn in the future and enjoy even more of what it has to offer. Evan, the wedding and event coordinator is awesome. Consider this venue for your next event. We are so happy to have chosen this location for our wedding and collaborated with Evan. Our family was so impressed with the whole event.

Room Tip: staying near the elevator may be a little noisier but maybe that wouldn't bother you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark125
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The resort is great.

Beautiful scenery, clean premises, friendly service. Resort building is a landmark, authentic history with modern amenities inside.

Yet the non-working clock on the main tower, the focal point of the hotel, sends an subconscious message of abandonment. First glance sets expectationaboutother non-working details inside.

A weather vane on top of the clock also does not move. When fixed and moves with the wind, it will bring good Chi to this wonderful place.

Fix those - and resort will prosper. Guests will keep coming.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MgmtPMI, Guest Relations Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the very nice review and your thoughts about the clock tower. I’m very glad that you had an amazing time here and that you appreciate our rich history. As you can image it takes a lot of capital to keep our property in tip-top shape. I’m pretty sure the clock tower and weathervane are on the repair list but I’m just not sure where. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.
New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Inn with family in the beginning of June and we had a great time! The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was yummy. Tracy at the desk in the evening was very kind and professional. All in all it was a nice stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MgmtPMI, Guest Relations Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for wonderful review. I’m glad you had a great time with your family and enjoyed the food. I’ll pass your kind words on to Tracy and we hope to see you here again with your family.
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place for all kind of people to stay. The hotel is over 100 years old so it's not very sound proof - we heard kids yelling and adults talking in the room next door. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The area is beautiful. The restaurant requires a reservation, but it's worth it, because the food is delicious and the service is wonderful.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GingerGinny
Thank you for the very nice review. We have earned a spot on the National Registry of Historic Places and we have been welcoming guests since 1902. With that being said, as an older building, the walls are a bit thin and the floors, in places, do creak. I’m glad you enjoyed our fine dining restaurant. We hope to see you here again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,141 reviews

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!