“An Amazing Valentines Day”

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pocono Manor
Reviewed 15 February 2011

As my wife and I walked into the hotel, we were greated by Zack at the front desk who was very helpful in explaining our options for dinner on Valentines day. We chose The Exchange restaurant and I'm so glad we did. From the lobby we could hear music and were so surprised to see a gentleman playing the guitar and singing in the restaurant. We received a very warm welcome from J.P. who sat us right away and poured us a glass of complimentary champagne...what an unexpected treat!!! They had a very nice Valentines day special menu which pleased my wife who loves seafood. I couldn't have the appetizer special due to seafood allergies, but Tony, our server, suggested some mozzarella sticks (which were delicious). My wife had the seafood medley and I had the Filet Mignon for dinner, both were scrumptious! At one point, the singer was playing a song, and J.P. started singing, and the rest of the customers sang along! We've lived in the Poconos for 15 years, and wanted to go someplace different and after being married for 10 years, this Valentines Day has to be the best one my wife and I have yet. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Thank you for sharing your Valentine's Day with us! I will share your review with all of the hard working team members that you were kind to mention. We look forward to having you visit again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2011

This past weekend was absolutely incredible. Every employee we encountered was friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and very clean. There was just so much to do while we were there with the kids. I wish we could have stayed a week. We went dog sledding, snow mobiling, swimming, shopping at the great outlets, watched a movie at the hotel's theatre room. It was very relaxing. My wife even got some alone time at the on site spa while I took the kids on a horse and carriage ride. WE CAN"T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor followers. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit again soon and enjoy the many SPring and Summer activities available.

Reviewed 10 February 2011

We were greeted by a Christsmas poo. We wanted to get away for Christmas due to a recent death in the family. We chose the Inn at Pocono Manor because it is one place that excepted dogs. Upon arrival we went to the part of the hotel that allows dogs. The room was not clean and there was poo stain in the toilet, which my dad thought at first it was rust. It was shabby, unclean and the TV looked like it was from 1950's. My father stayed in the main hotel. There was a booger and some other random crusty things in his bed which were supposed to be clean sheets. We did contact the front desk and they did csend someone to clean the poo. We checked out after one night.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank jly012
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

I have been with The Manor for 3 years. Never had I needed to response to a review such as yours and I am at a loss for words. I certainly would rather not repeat some of your words that were used so often in your statement. In our Spruce Lodge, some of the commodes do have rust stains (its the mountain water that is high in iron). We have our own in-house laundry and every checked out room is thoroughly cleaned with sheets and towels laundered at excessive high temperatures and strong (eco- friendly) detergents. However, should concerns arise, we do have a Manager on Duty who would have been glad to assist. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and if you visited with us when we were less than our best, I apologize.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

I traveled to this wonderful hotel in August with my wife and 2 friends.From the minute we got here, you couldn't ask for better service. A nice young man named Craig or Greg (sorry Craig or Greg) greeted us at the door introduced himself as a GM and escorted us to our room. He made us feel very welcome. He explained all of the amenities, where to go where to eat, he really went above and beyond for us. From my wife and I we say thank you Craig or Greg.
The rest of the staff was just as nice. Very eager to please. My wife and the fiance of my friend enjoyed a spa - it was a great experience!
I highly recommend the Inn at Pocono Manor for your next trip to the Poconos. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

Thank you so much for visiting the Inn at Pocono Manor and sharing your experience. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return soon as I know you will be quite pleased with our beautiful renovations!

Reviewed 5 February 2011

We came on a trip with a large group of people expecting to have a great time. We came in and the lobby was nice but once we got to our tiny and smelly room, all hell broke loose. You could hear all of the neighbors conversations and the bed was extremely hard and the cots had sand in them. The sheets smelled disgusting and the shades were clashing. The next morning we asked the front desk to call up the maid service. An hour later, no maid. We returned to the front desk and told the lady once again. 3 hours later, still no maid. When we came back to our room it had a horrible stench which was their "air freshner". The maids left and our room was still not clean. We had a man who worked in the hotel bring us new towels and we had to change the sheets. NEVER STAYING IN THIS DISGUSTING HOTEL EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Lisa Green helped get us accomodations so that we could have seperate rooms some what away from each other but still had a common area for us to all hang out together. We enjoyed our stay there and thought it was pretty room as well. I also appreciated the small store that they had because someone in the group forgot their deodorant so that was convienent to have. We also plan on going back this year.

• Stayed: March 2010
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for visiting with us and sharing your experience. I will pass along your thanks to Lisa. We look forward to your return and am sure you will love our renovations as much as we do!

Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed at the Inn at Pocono Manor with our sons and extended family. The first day we were there I said to my husband "can you believe how much we did and what was great is that we did it mostly outdoors and the kids loved it" Our boys loved it. We iceskated, snowshoed, snowmobiled, went on a horse drawn sleigh ride, went sledding, swam in the indoor pool, used the nautilus equipment, I even got my 2.5 mile run in twice. My husband and I even went shooting. We also stuck our heads into the movie theatre and caught the end of a movie. The spa is also beautiful and we even hit the outlets nearby. Great Habachi restaurant nearby too! If you go get a package with the breakfast buffet. What a spread and the dining area is so wonderful to eat in surrounded by windows looking out...and morning sun looking in!
A lot of charm... Will definitely go back. Staff were friendly. A variety of different rooms too.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Gueto
MgmtPMI, Manager at Pocono Manor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad you had such a good time; sounds like you were very busy enjoying our on-site activities. I do hope you will visit with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pocono Manor
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Pocono Manor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!