“Where We Love to see you Wet”

Bucks County River Country
More attraction details
Owner description: Bucks County River Country, Inc. "The World's Tubing Capital", has been in operation since 1967 offering Awesome family fun adventures on the Delaware river renting Kayaks, Canoes, Tubes, and rafts to the General public, and Groups. Led by charismatic "RiverDan" (Daniel Breen), River Country has 1 main goal, Offer a great family fun that is affordable on the most historic river in the US. RC offers affordable trips for all ages, and is extremely family friendly. Offering 6 different styles of Kayaks and 8 different types of Tubes (not the old fashioned inner tubes), Rafts and the ever classic "Old Town" canoes, there is a little something here for everyone seeking the peace and beauty of the beautiful Bucks County scenery. There is a full service cafe that is run by Culinary instructors. so there is plenty of good eats! We are OPEN from Mid May, to October 26th! The fall foliage is AMAZING!
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Last Saturday me and my son with grand son (3 1|2 yrs. old all of sudden decided to go above place Because We had rain on Friday so it was not planned.But after driving one hour from our place reached there.There were not anybody but We decided to go for Kayaking.It was very thrill exciting turn out.It was six miles took two hours.I must say that it is very interesting if you go in Summer..

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My first time tubing on the Delaware - I was taken away with the natural beauty of this river. Driving by in a car is a very different experience from floating down on the water. The water, the trees, the islands, the bird life - all beautiful.

The staff was very friendly, helped me choose the right tube and took time to answer my questions. I liked that the 2,3 and 4 hour trips were all the same cost. The weather forecast was poor..but I wanted to go anyway. About halfway through the trip it began to rain and thunder...took shelter on the shoreline and it passed in about 15 minutes. Once we were out on the river again, the staff came up the river in a motor boat to check on us and see if we were okay or needed anything. They also had taken the van up the road in case we were there and wanted a ride back. I felt very taken care of and looked after. As it was, the sun came out and we quickly warmed up...enjoyed an absolutely gorgeous ride!

After our ride the owner came down and spent time talking to us, and we had just a wonderful time! If you want a beautiful experience on a beautiful river, with helpful staff and quality equipment...come here.

1  Thank Pilar P
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came here after they advertised how much better their reviews are than the competitors but boy was I in for a shock. I guess the people here must be getting the one nice person they have on staff, I was met with attitude from every person I ran into. Attitude at the desk when paying, bus driver must have had an off week and would not help and then the individual giving out the kayak at the launch point would not help with the adjustments.

Tried to brush it off but even the the staff at the landing stood watching as we struggled to dock the kayaks and get out. They must have been having a more important conversation than there work. Zero leadership from management means staff has no clue how to help people. Its too bad, I had a group of 30 people coming out with me in a month, we will be bringing our business to the competitors you try to bash on your website.

If you don't mind a bunch of college kids who don't want to help you AT ALL and your willing to pay top dollar for low end equipment, go here but otherwise I suggest that you find an alternative.

1  Thank SK8NYC
Reviewed 1 September 2013

we had a great time ...we got on Groupon two for 22....nice ....the facilities the porto-potties were not very clean ...and the young kids running the operation are running around smoking not so cool ....bring your own string to tie the tubes together because they charge you 2$ ...They drop you off up river and the end is at their location...very nice and convenience...but if you go with kids make sure you know nobody helps you getting into the river or out of the river ...you are on your own .....we had a great day ....

1  Thank ueberallNY
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've wanted to visit the Delaware River for a while and finally got the chance. We very nearly booked with a competitor across the river in NJ, but found this place instead and I'm sure glad that we did.

It didn't look good at first. It rained all morning on the way in, and the air temperature was only about 75 degrees, and when we got there the first thing we saw is that they charge extra to park, which made me grumpy and paying almost $90 for four tickets. It seems kind of petty to tack on a parking fee, especially on an overcast day with rain in the forecast.

The young people working here turned things around swiftly. When I balked on paying to park up front, the lot attendant invited me to go ahead and park, then come back and pay if we decided to stay. Wow! At the registration, we discovered that I'd clicked the wrong tab and ordered reserve tickets for the next day, not the day I was there, but the girls at the desk quickly fixed me up, offered advice on how the weather looked, and never pressured us to go. Their good attitudes and helpfulness got us in the right frame of mind, so we went for it.

Happy employees are usually the mark of a good company.

We picked our tubes--I appreciated the XL size that hold hundreds of pounds. I'm a big man, but could sit in these like you mortals sit in your normal tubes.

The trips come in 2, 3, and 4 hour tours--all cost the same, it's a matter of how far upstream you let the bus take you before you put in the river. We chose the 3 hour trip, because of the weather. Should have taken the 4 hour trip, it was so nice. It goes fast, too. On a hot day it would have been bliss. As it was, we had a fantastic time and already plan to return with more relatives.

As a final note, do not confuse this outfitter with the other one. We talked to some people later in the day who made the same complaints I see on this site--and that muddy slope at the take-out is a real widow-maker. We had a nice picnic before we left and a snack when we were done. Who needs a free hot dog?

1  Thank JunkChuck