“Charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Allegany
The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast
Fairview, Pennsylvania
“Charming”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Inn on Maple Street is a charming bed and breakfast: Comfortable, clean, friendly -- I felt right at home. Breakfast time was flexible, which was a help, as my work schedule varied by day. With traveling in the winter, weather can be uncertain, and the owners made sure that if the weather was to turn for the worse, I had a place to stay. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MapleStreetBnB, Owner at The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
It's great to hear how comfortable you were Laurie. We hope you can return in the warmer weather and enjoy our area in leisure time! Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Savannah
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Charming and welcoming. Was traveling for a sad event and they went above and beyond to welcome us. Breakfast was sinfully good. The rooms lacked for nothing down to any toiletry imaginable. And our host and hostess were awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your compliments. We're pleased we could serve your family at this time of mourning.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The owners are wonderful and as sweet as the desserts they make. We had a relaxing peaceful stay in a quiet room. The support and hospitality to our veterans was dearly appreciated. We are
planning on taking the whole family on our next visit!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We want to thank you again for your service to our country. We are please that you were able to join us for our Veterans Day event. It was a pleasant weekend for everyone and we were so impressed with the stories and history shared. Thank you for coming.
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We've had the opportunity to stay at the Inn on Maple Street on at least three occasions now, all at various times of the year. We stay here when we are on our way out to visit family in Smethport. We are so thankful we found this charming little place that feels like home away from home. Not only are the accommodations very comfortable and cozy, they've also thought of everything that you might need. There is always coffee, water, toiletries of all kinds and wonderful reading materials, books and games available. And breakfast is just super wonderful and homemade delicious! In the summer, it's so nice to sit on the porch and enjoy some coffee or a glass of wine and talk with fellow travelers. The icing on the cake is that Jay and Sharon are fun to chat with. We even brought our 5-year old twins with us this last time, and they shared their love of Legos with our kids. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms are not in the main house but rather in a separate home around the corner. Both are grea...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
It's great that your entire family was able to stay with us this past time. Thank you for the compliments. Let the twins know we have even more Legos to play with when they return!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had to be in the area for work over a 3 month time frame. I decided to try a B&B and it was the best choice. The owners were very accommodating with my requests and always a friendly smile. It was a pleasure staying for such a long time. I especially enjoyed the breakfast! You never know who you will meet at the breakfast table. Every room has a private shower and fresh linens. The eclectic style and themed rooms are adorable. I enjoyed the non-stuffy and comfortable atmosphere with loads of beautiful scenery. This place is like grandmas over the holidays. It is kid friendly, pet friendly, and people friendly; a real gem.

Room Tip: I would ask about shower/bath size and bed softness. They have beds of different firmness and can he...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thanks! We really enjoyed your company Amy. It's good to hear that your three month stay with us made things go easier for your business visit. Next time we hope you can return strictly for leisure!
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We love staying at B & B's. This one was no exception. Breakfast wsas outstanding.The owners are very friendly and aim to please from the moment we called for reservations until we checked out. The accommodations were excellent and would highly recommend the Inn to everyone. We will certainly stay there on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We hope you enjoyed the fall foliage! Our summers in the mountains are so comfortable that you might consider that time of year for your next visit. Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to your return visit.
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I always hesitate to write a less than stellar review, so keep in mind that my standards are high as are my expectations.

First the positive: I stayed for one night and making reservations was easy and the owners communicated well. It was easy to find and very convenient for the trip I was taking. The room was clean and comfortable and the facilities had nice sitting porches.

However, now the other side: For the money, I was expecting more from the stay. With everything included, it was $118 a night. My room was not in the actual main B&B home - but a short walk away down the block on the corner. This I did not care for. Perhaps I missed someplace in the listing where I would have had that information. Both properties were older style with what I would call "homey" decor. The flooring, the furniture, seating etc, were all sort of second hand store looking to me. They had a few nicer pieces, but overall, there just wasn't a sense of any pampering or luxury - more like Grandmas house. The bath in my room was very small. No counter space for toiletries and the shower was a little claustraphobic. But it all operated fine and was very clean.

On the day I stayed, it was rather warm for fall and the room was just a bit stuffy. There was no A/C (I saw a window unit in the closet so I'm assuming that goes in during the summer) so I had the windows open which was not very peaceful.

The Internet was not working in my room. Also, I use ATT for cell service and there was no service at all ....although the owners did forewarn me about that. Since I had no Internet AND no phone, I had to walk down to the main house to ask about the Internet. He said he knew it wasn't working. If I had known this in advance I would have made other plans or perhaps asked for a room in the main house. As it was, some work I had planned on doing had to wait.

Breakfast the next morning was three apple-cinnamon pancakes and sausage links along with juices, coffee etc. Hardboiled eggs and muffins were also available. Not bad, but certainly not above average.

The town itself seemed to have little to offer. I had some late dinner at a pizza place around the corner because they had wifi. It was pretty tasty.

I passed several cute looking motels along the way which probably would have been a better value for the money. I am willing to pay the extra for a bit of a splurge, but this was just average at best.

Room Tip: You might want to make sure you know if the room you request is in the main house or the "annex...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jpochard
We're pleased we were able to accommodate you for the room that you personally chose. The location is our pet-free area and at the corner of the block. With your photographer's eye you did notice all of our second and third generations furniture. We even have a few pieces from my great-grandmother! Also we appreciated your offer of services but as we explained before we had decided to pass.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Allegany
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn on Maple Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!