“WOW all these rocks--unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ringing Rocks Park

Poughkeepsie
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WOW all these rocks--unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Went here to check out the rocks. I was amazed by what I saw. These HUGE rocks and soooo many of them. I had gone with my 20 something year old son and my 75 year old dad and we had a blast. You do get overwhelmed when you see all the rocks. You do have to climb over and in between them--it is just a matter of being careful.
We brought a hammer and started to listen for the ringing--and that they did. You heard ringing all over. Yes some do not ring but it if fun just trying to see if the one you picked rings!!
After ringing--we went to the waterfall. That was a nice little walk.
We has a great day there!!! Highly recommend it !!!!

Visited June 2013

Acampo, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Only park I know that encourages people to bring a hammer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

What a kick.The boulder field is a short walk, like a block away from the parking lot, close enough that someone with walking difficulties could get there, even in a wheelchair. It is not paved but firm ground with a few obstacles. One does not have to climb about the boulders to test out the sounds of the rocks, but it is more fun if you do. About 15 other people were scattered around the day we were there, many of them children having a great time hitting rocks. Some rocks go THUD, others RING and one gets pleasure from hitting them yourselves or listening to the children's gleeful response when they find a great sound. If one keeps going on the trail it leads to a sweet waterfall. Where we observed children getting way to close to the edge where a fall could of been disaster but that was a parenting issue, easily avoided by parents who want to take kids to see it. Getting to the waterfall is probably less than half a mile. We went not knowing how much walking would be necessary. Outhouse only I believe.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank maryspond
Wake Forest, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Very Interesting find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

It was spur of the trip for my family to go check this park out. It's not a big park, but an interesting find, if you happen to be in the area. The park is behind the fire house and next to an indoor skating rink. I would suggest you bring a hammer to bang on the rocks, Not all of the rocks make the ringing sounds, but most do. You can generally tell which rocks ring, because they seem to be worn on certain areas. I also suggest you wear study shoes and use bug spray. The rocks can be dificult to climb over and you never know what is lurking in between them.

Visited July 2011