“Very expensive cheap motel !!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Very expensive cheap motel !!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

I paid way too much for that cheap motel!!! No wonder it was almost empty!!!

Here's some facts and pros and cons:

Pros: decent breakfast, good wifi Internet, nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave...

Cons: thin walls; we can hear neighbors so put the fan on all night or bring earplugs, room not clean with old carpet, bathroom need upgrade-cleaning-renovation, bad smell from fan and ac unit, uncomfortable bed, mildew or some kind of moisture in room giving headache and sneeze, motel room type : parking next to first floor rooms, room not well designed, hard to walk with chair that can't fit under the desk... Very bad area and very bad restaurant/bar next to hotel... Not a very safe area :-(

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank benoitleblanc
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I am very sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. As far as our carpets, they are all brand new carpets put in all the rooms in the last year. We can not help if other guest are loud in their rooms. The hotel was built back in the 60's and I am sorry the room was not built the right way. No one has ever stated about the room or the desk and chair in the way. As far as the mildrew we change our filters ever month. Our bar/restaurant is a very quiet and small. As the general manager I can not help if you think the area is not a safe place. Police are always in our parking lot making arounds for us to keep everyone feel safe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel seems great for the price I paid. The room has a somewhat of a moldy smell but nothing too bad.
The Renovation seems great, well I didn't see how it was before.
The TV doesn't get much channels which was somewhat of a bummer.
The pool is great by the way and 9 feet deep!
The complimentary breakfast is great, a lot of choices to choose from.
The fridge is great, plenty of space for food and beer, and a microwave to heat some snacks.
I didn't get any bad experience here, if I do comeback to Pottstown I stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Thank you. The pleasure was all ours to be a able to host you. I am delighted you were able to enjoy are blissful pool. We have just included " Homemade Belgium Waffles" to our continental breakfast.
I encourage you the next time you are in town to stop by!

Alicia Ann Gillard
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I was looking for a hotel in Pottstown with bar. Quality Inn was the only one with a bar.
Their rate was reasonable. Upon my arrival in the lobby I was greeted by the hotel employ. I checked inon 22nd April,2012 and was issued a key for room # 226. I noticed that the room was recently renovated with new carpet, furniture and lights. I liked the room and settled down. I later went to the bar and had couple of drinks. I walked to the next door dinner and came back to the room, watched TV and had a good sleep. The next day breakfast had more items than complementary breakfast. I found this hotel to be a nice for the price I paid. I will come back if I ever get a chance. I recommend this hotel to any one looking for best for their price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ravi K
PottstownQualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We take all guest comments both good and bad seriously and strive to improve our guest service. It is very nice to see that we have made some positive changes. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just did a wedding show in the ballroom and it was the most run down thing I have seen in 20 years in the hotel business. Most repairs could have been done for $20 or less, dirty stained ceiling tiles, ripped wallpaper, dirty smelly carpet, light fixtures hanging and hanging trim around the ceiling air vents. This property reeks of management laziness. The half hanging 20 foot sign in the parking lot says it all. Choice hotels should take thier flag off this dump asap.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim S
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012

Travellers are raving about these Pottstown hotels

Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The rooms are run down. The television only gets a few channels, and half of them are fuzzy. There was plaster in the peephole and plaster on the curtains. Paint was chipping off of the ceiling. Both of the soda machines did not work. The manager did open one machine and I paid for 2 sodas, both of which were flat and syrupy. I had to leave the hotel to get something to drink. Don't go there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Natalie836
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input! Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Smells like mold, ripped wallpaper, rude staff. Won't be back.

Room Tip: King of Prussia is 15 min away, stay there instead - youre much closer to shops and Philadelphia.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MAMartini14
innovativehotels, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
We are very dissapointed to hear that your stay at our Quality Inn Pottstown did not meet your expectations. We are nearly complete with a complete renovation of every room, and it appears here that you unfortnately got one of the last remaining unrenovated rooms during your stay with us. Please know that we are under new management, and our renovations are being very well received by our long time repeat guests as well as our first time guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory, and I would encourage you to give us another try to show you the positive changes that our customers are giving us rave reviews about. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 610-326-6700 if you're staying with us again and I will ensure that you are well taken care of by our team here in Pottstown. Mildred - General Manager
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel as a last resort because I was passing through town in the middle of the big snow storm. I called and was quoted a rate of 69.99 from the front desk staff. As this was the cheapest of the hotels I called, I decided to go there. When I got to the desk, there was someone new working and they told me that the rate would be 79.99 and they couldn't go any lower. I was tired and the roads were bad so I agreed to pay that. Then, as I was waiting to be checked in, the owner(?) (Some Indian man) came up to the desk and started yelling at the employee for a previous mistake. I thought that was very rude, but just wanted to get to bed. I got the keys for my room (127) and I drove down to it. I went inside and it smelled of smoke terribly although it was a non smoking room. There was hair on the pillowcases and in the sink. The shower had brown stains on it and the toilet had a dirt ring on it. After finally complaining enough, they switched my room to 109 which was a little bit better but the heat did not work. The next morning, I went down for the breakfast which left much to be desired. It consisted of sausage gravy that was probably a few days old, scrambled eggs which were burnt and some danishes. I was very disappointed with my whole stay. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: Higher rooms do not have working heat.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Raymond L
Alicia G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
We strive to provide our guests with a exceptional experience and I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. I am aware we had challenges at the begining of the year.
We have made so many improvements since your last vist. Please revist our website and see our many postive comments. I look forward to your vist again at the Quality Inn and Suites.
Please feel free to contact me regarding your stay.

Alicia Ann Gillard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!