“Keep Driving...”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Hudson
“Keep Driving...”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

When it comes to Choice Hotels a Quality Inn usually means a Quality, clean, quiet, comfortable room. None of these things can be found in Pottstown.

The problems all started at check-in when I presented my temporary NH ID (which looks like a photo copy on a piece of paper) and my USA Passport Card. The agent told me that it looks fake and would not accept my passport card as ID until I started to fight with her over it. Finally she accepted that I was really the guy who's picture is on the ID and the credit card I was trying to use and gave me the room.

I stayed in room #131 I had been up for 36 hours and was ready to take a shower and get some sleep after a very long drive. At a glance the room was fine. Had newer furniture and looks like the bathroom had been recently redone. After a closer look everything else about this room was terribly wrong.

First the door had to be repeatedly slammed to actually latch after shutting it. The toilet would kick on and run for 2 minutes every half hour or so. There was graffiti written on the walls of the bathroom. There were water stains and "other" stains on the walls. Remnants of scotch tape hanging from the ceiling. The bed frame was loose and bounced and squeaked every time you rolled over, but the worst was fecal stain on the duvet.

I called the front desk about the sheets but was simply offered a replacement. I closely inspected the other bed with the squeaky frame and just used it for my stay. Also the front desk informed me that they don't actually have a maintenance guy on duty so the other problems with the room couldn't be addressed.

One final thought which really isn't the hotel's fault but you should be aware of is the hotel is located right on the railroad tracks. The tracks and what appeared to be a staging yard are no more than 100 feet from the door of your room and the train noise was very very loud. Constant coupling and uncoupling of cars and loud diesels moving single cars up and down the length of the track.

This is easily the worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the same side of the railroad tracks. I stayed on the opposite side and the horn and...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bridgeda
PottstownQualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry that your stay was less than expected. Please know that we value your opinion and we will address your issues so as not to have any future guests dissatisfied.

We appreciate your time in bringing these issues to our attention.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We've stayed here a few times I've had a couple of minor issues, but for the most part our stay was relaxing and comfortable. The front desk staff were ALWAYS GREAT. Our last we had a drink at the sports bar the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014
PottstownQualityGM, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Char,

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The Quality Inn is a great value. As other reviewers suggested, the staff were all very friendly. The front desk person was very welcoming, cordial, and helpful. She described the selections available in the restaurant/bar, and also places that would deliver to the room if we preferred (we arrived late in the evening). I also had a conversation with a member of cleaning staff, who was also very friendly. Be aware that this "hotel" is actually a motel, with the doors opening to the parking lot (no indoor corridors), in case you don't prefer motels. The Quality Inn was clean, and it is apparent that they are upgrading rooms (the bathroom was beautiful white marble, with a quality metal Moen shower head, with excellent hot water). The heating/AC unit worked very well. The only item not 100% was the bed, which was low and not as comfortable as a pillow-top. Overall, this is a nice property with great staff, and certainly a good value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PottstownQualityGM, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Steve,

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the quality inn again December 22 can't say enough about such an affordable place to stay great location so many restaurants and shopping malls around all within a 10 to 15 min drive it is such a great place to stay if u r there for business because when u r done your day u can go grab a bite to eat and finish the night off with a cocktail in there fabulous lounge called champs sports bar and go rt. back to your room without having to worry about driving anywhere the service is great the ppl are fun and very nice if u r traveling and need a place to stay in Pottstown the quality inn in Pottstown is the place to go

• Stayed December 2013
PottstownQualityGM, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Aggies,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Quality Inn Pottstown and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great price and very friendly staff. This is one of the only hotels I've ever stayed at that they actually take their time to check your ID and make sure you are who you say you are. Also, breakfast didn't start until 7am on Sat morning and I had to leave at 6am for business, the staff at the front desk made sure I had a good breakfast and even gave me some extra goodies to take with me on the road. I would definitely stay here again. There is a nice sports bar connected to the hotel in case you're in town for pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PottstownQualityGM, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Brian,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Quality Inn in Pottstown, PA deserves a five star rating. The establishment is very clean and safe, and quite a bargain. Included with your room is a very bountiful breakfast which is served seven days a week. The entire staff including Amanda A., Amanda S., and Jody, are very friendly and helpful. A very special thank you to Jody for helping to make a very difficult time in my life much more manageable. I highly recommend that if you need to stay in the Pottstown, PA area that you select this Quality Inn.

David M. Landis
Perkasie, PA

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Dennis,

610-326-6700
São Paulo
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

An excelent option if you are travelling on small budget. Have stayed for two nights with friends. It's a great location if you plan to shop. There are many stores close to the hotel. The free breakfast was very good, variety of breads, drinks...
Highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Rbarchi,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! Your review is much appreciated, we are a small budget hotel but try to go above and beyond to provide five star stay to our guest. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

610-326-6700
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Pottstown
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Douglassville
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!