Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pottsville
East Windsor, Connecticut
“what happened!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

i have been staying at this hotel 4 to 7 times a year for about 4 years and I have been disappointed. when I was there last December the indoor pool was too cold to use it. I was told by an employee that the manager ordered the temperature of the water to be lowered. I was not happy because the pool is the main reason I choose this hotel. My last visit in March, I encountered the same situation, the pool was frigid, other guests were also disappointed. The Jacuzzi was so filthy, the water was green and there was so much dirt on the bottom, it was disgusting, There was black mold on the rim of the sink in my room, the bedding had a stale smell, and the exit door on the first floor would not latch and kept blowing open the entire weekend. I noticed there has been a change in the staff. Time to go elsewhere, I guess

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank b4uGo179
gm_cisf, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville), responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We take customer satisfaction extremely serious and appreciate your constructive feedback. Please know that the temperature of the pool is based on state regulations along with our recommendations from our local pool vendor. As soon as we found out our whirlpool turned green, we immediately closed the area off and contacted our pool vendor. Our pool is now open and we have recently made upgrades to the area. Although we have recently added new team members, please know everyone strives to make each and every guest feel as if they are part of our family. If your travels do bring you back to the Pottsville area, I sincerely hope that you will still consider staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I really enojoyed my last stay here. Was passing through for a wedding and choose this property. It has very nice rooms and I loved the pool. Also has a really nice breakfast! I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Thank you for your response about our hotel. We agree our pool is a nice place to relax at the end of the day. I am also happy to read that you were able to enjoy our other amenities here at the hotel. We look forward to y our return stay and if we can make your reservations for a future date, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We were there with many family members whom had come from across the country for a funeral. They were very accommodating to everyone & did everything they could to make our arrival, stay & departure as easy as possible. Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your response about our hotel. Our staff enjoys making our guest feel like they are a part of our home. We are sorry for your recent loss, however we are glad we were able to make your stay worry free. We look forward to your return stay with us
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 February 2012

First off, the location is terrible. After arriving, the front desk person was on the phone for 15 minutes as my colleague and I waited there. Finally we got into the room and there were hairs all over the bedding - almost as if nothing had been washed from the previous guest. There were used tissues in the corner of the bathroom. All in all, I would never go back or want to think of this place again. Keep up the absolute terrible job you do. I will be finding somewhere else to stay when I'm in this area or I will sleep in my car over staying at that place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Fred C
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and so we are sorry to hear that our service failed to meet your expectations. When problems occur in our guest rooms, we always strive to correct these concerns promptly. I have shared your feedback with our team and have taken necessary steps to ensure that we handle such issues more effectively in the future. If your travels do bring you back to the Pottsville area, I sincerely hope that you will still consider staying with us.
Heathsville, Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Staff was acceptable, did not go out of their way, but did do their job. Hotel was very difficult to find and out of the way, had to circle it twice before we could figure out how to get in to the actual parking area, very remove and not easily accesible; advertises breakfast, but was just english muffins and sweets, expecting a "breakfast"; went swimming in pool and found someone had left their "feces" behind in pool, then further examination of our bathroom found there were spots of feces on the floor and someone elses' hair left about the bathtub area; sheets were not fresh, appeared to have been slept on and not changed for us; very uncomfortable feeling. probably will not stay here again. On a positive note, the room was roomy thought it had bad water stains from ceiling down wall. Seemed new on the outside but very old on the inside. Too bad, were looking forward to a delightful stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites. I sincerely apologize for the dirty sheets that you found in your room. Our housekeeping team is trained to replace sheets on all beds on a daily basis. Rest assured, we have shared your feedback with our housekeepers as part of their ongoing training program. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back during a future visit.
new york
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here with my husband, 2 small kids and mother in law. The room hadn't been cleaned-- there was a baby bottle on the floor! Room was just gross and the floor felt crumby and dingy. The pool was disgusting-- mildew and a scum on the side of the pool (which had evaporated or spilled out by at least 8" since its last cleaning).
The staff was not very attentive. They were not very apologetic about the mishap with the dirty room, nor were any of them very knowledgeable about why their internet was down (constantly) or what was being done to restore it.
Overall, it was not worth the money, even if it's a budget motel. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank kdship
I am sorry for your recent frustration with our hotel. Our team members strive to do their best for our guest; however, we were not our best today. Please know I have expressed your concerns with our team members and we will use this experience as part of our ongoing training program. We hope to see you when your travels bring you our way.
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Decided to try this hotel for the first time end of October 2011 on our drive south from Canada. We loved it here - rooms were spacious and spotless, great sleep - very comfortable with plenty of amenities. Efficient staff and quick check in. Some reviewers suggested it was "hard to find" - so we requested the co-ordinates for our GPS - however there are numerous signs to direct you along a new roadway off I-81...it is not an issue and not far at all. We most definitely will stay at this Frackville/Pottsville, Pa Country Inn again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marleyandmike
gm_cisf, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville), responded to this review, 15 December 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We have recently made upgrades throughout the hotel, and we are happy that you were able to enjoy these amenities. I’m glad you were able to locate our hotel through your GPS and using the highway signs, however, if guest ever feel lost trying to find our hotel, our team members are always prepared to guide guest to our hotel. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you our way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsville
Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Candlewood Suites Hazleton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)? Share your experiences!