“Great place to spend the night!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pottsville
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nice and clean, this hotel is a great place to spend the night. A little hard to find, have to travel on a business road and make an unmarked right, but is in a good site right off 81. There is a decent sized pool, fresh cookies and hot beverages and comfortable beds. The breakfast is better than most with a decent variety.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 May 2013

You won't find a nicer hotel than this Country Inn and Suites! The hotel seems very new, with everything in perfect condition and clean as a whistle. Nice linens, very quiet, fast, free Internet, nice toiletries. The room has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The bed was incredibly comfortable with many good pillows. I didn't hear any road noise at all. The free breakfast is a complete breakfast buffet! As long as you have a ride, this is the perfect place to stay. If you are on foot you would be better off staying at the next I-81 exit North where there are stores and restaurants. It only takes 10 minutes to get to the next exit by car, so we didn't mind being in the middle of nowhere! I will definitely return next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This was our second stay at this property!! The staff was outstanding. My husband became ill in the middle of the night and the staff went to great lenghts to provide assistance. The EMT group was there in 7 minutes!!!! All is well, thanks to the quick response of the staff and the EMT's.. The room was excellent (they upgraded us since my husband was having difficulty walking. ) The hotel was clean, quiet and we certainly will plan on staying there when we ret;urn to that area. The breakfast was good and had the added advantage of being part of the "package." We are both retired and we travel a great deal and we have developed a good sense of Quality Hotel characteristics. This is a fine establishment.

Room Tip: Both times we've been there, the rooms have been excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I booked the room through Expedia and checked in on March 28th, scheduled to stay 2 nights. I was traveling with my 6 year old daughter who wanted to stay somewhere where she could swim. I had noticed some trash (an empty sugar packet and a cellophane wrapper) on the floor beside the bed the day I had checked in but otherwise the first night's stay was fine. On the morning of the 29th, I saw a bug near the window and when I went to get rid of it, I opened the curtains to find lots of ladybugs crawling on the inside of the window, on the curtains and the heating unit. I later saw bugs on the walls, ceiling, floor and on my child's clothing which was on the bed.

I went to the desk to ask to be switched to a different room informing the desk clerk that there were bugs all over the window and the curtains. She asked if they were ladybugs and I replied yes. I asked her if this was a known problem and she said that it was and that they have an exterminator come in to spray monthly. I was given a key to a room on a lower floor but this room too had ladybugs inside the window and on the curtains. I returned to my original room
and started packing up to leave.

At this point the manager on duty called. I told her that the second room had bugs as well and that we were leaving. She offered to give me yet another room but I told her I had no confidence that this one would be any different. She then offered to have a maintenance man come to the room to get rid of the bugs but at this point we just wanted to leave. My daughter was very concerned about bugs getting on her stuffed animals. While packing up our things I pulled out the night stand to unplug a video player to discover more trash, dead bugs and toenail clippings on the floor. Moving a chair in the room uncovered yet more dead bugs and trash and I also noticed a red stain on the carpet at this time. I took many photos with my cell phone of the trash, toenail clippings, live and dead bugs as proof of the appalling condition of this room.

At around 10 am I had put the last of our belongings in our car and returned the keys to both rooms to the apathetic desk clerk. I expressed my displeasure at the filthy condition of the room and told her we were leaving. I told the desk clerk that I wanted to be refunded for my stay and was told that I would have to contact Expedia about that. I also requested contact information for someone higher up than her to inform them of the condition of this room and was given the business card of the hotel's GM and was told that she would be in after noon.

I emailed the GM at 11:37 on the 29th informing her that I had left the hotel and was contacting Expedia for a refund but I never received a reply from her. In the afternoon I called the number on the card but was told the GM wasn't in. Immediately upon leaving I called Expedia to request a refund. The Expedia rep explained to me that they would have to contact the hotel's GM to request a refund. I called Expedia 4 times trying to resolve this matter, each time I spoke with them they told me they were unable to contact the GM. Finally on April 4th an Expedia rep was able to reach the hotel's GM who first BLATANTLY LIED saying that I left on the 30th (I had returned the key to the desk clerk on the 29th) and then refused to process a refund claiming she wanted to be paid for the unused night.

I am currently trying to resolve the matter through Carlson's corporate customer service staff. My next steps will be to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and to contact Master Card to dispute this charge.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TuckM
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville), responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. . We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Overall the facility was clean and very comfortable. The morning breakfast is one of the better with belgin waffle maker, eggs, sausage, toast, bagel, juice bar, yogurt, fruit, coffee etc. Unlike most however, they provide real dishes which is much nicer and sustainable.

I did find that at times the hallway noise came into the room, but with a suite set up, I was able to shut the middle door and block out any noise for sleeping.

Interior was nice with tile, wood, granite and carpet but is fairly basic in styling.

Would definately recommend if staying in the area for business or traveling. Finding a restaurant close will be a problem as there is nothing worth eating at for at least 4-5 miles away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DaveR5
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Breakfast is good, staff was very nice, very very clean. Its really the only place safe and worth staying at in the area. Plus the cookies are good and they always have milk ready lol.. Really a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We travel with our young children often and this was one of my favorite hotels! From the warm and inviting lobby, the perfect indoor pool and hot tub for a young family, the cookie jar always full on the front desk counter, to the fabulous array at breakfast... We wished our stay needed to be longer! Friendly and accommodating staff, quiet location right off the highway! It was a little tricky finding the entrance to the hotel in the dense fog we were traveling in... but we enjoyed the peaceful setting. Loved the super comfy beds...

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade upon arrival, you can not book through a travel site. They will allow you to...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsville
Ramada Pottsville
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)? Share your experiences!