“A very interesting trip back in time.”

Jerry's Classic Cars and Collectibles Museum
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Pottsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Do you want to relive the days of the past? The days of drive-in theaters, soda shops, pinball machines & fast cars. We've taken our time assembling displays and thousands of items to give you an unforgettable experience so you leave us with a smile and little skip in your step! Camera's are encouraged.
Scranton, PA, USA
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“A very interesting trip back in time.”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

A small museum located in downtown Pottsville in an old Studebaker dealership, Jerry's presents an outstanding collection of 50's memorabilia. Starting with an automobile theme, there are about 10 antique cars and trucks preserved, including several Studebakers, a DeSoto convertible and others. In addition there are lots of auto parts and artifacts ondisplay. Also, there are mock-ups of 50's era soda shops, and bandstand items including instruments and amplifiers, as well as older tools, furniture, sewing machines. Also included are displays of older clothing, household appliances, etc. For a very enjoyable trip back in time, this is an excellent way to spend an hour or two. Lots of nostalgia for a few dollars well spent.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank LFA

York Springs, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Nice collection of auto memorabelia”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I visited the museum. With our AAA discount, we paid $12.00 for the both of us.
Nice collection of garage and auto items from probably the 50's, 60's and maybe 70's. Auto's on display are in fairly good shape, approximately 10 autos. Oodles of old garage items, such as old tire changers, oil cans, pictures, signs, gas pumps, anything garage or auto related. We visited yesterday and the temperature outside was 100 degrees. Sadly to say, the museum is a remodeled old Studebaler dealership with no air conditioning. On the first floor, they had fans running. On the second floor was few fans running, but they were only blowing around the hot air.
I would say the temperature upstairs was probably about 110 degrees. Needless to say, we did not get a chance to see everything upstairs. The upstairs had from what I could see from just taking a quick look was a model of a small 50's diner. I suggest going when the temperature is a little cooler. If you like anything auto or garage memorabelia, you would definitely enjoy the museum. I grew up with my grandfather and father in the auto repair business. Also, my husband and I are in the auto repair business as well. The museum brought back alot of memories for me.
Would have given it an excellent rating if the building would have had air conditioning. The museum is in Pottsville, with a very small parking lot for maybe 5 cars. Don't visit in your RV, no place to park it.

Visited July 2012