“Great Hidden Gem”
Review of 901 Pub

901 Pub
Ranked #41 of 54 Restaurants in Pottsville
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stopped her for a quick lunch and it's certainly not near anything else... the best I could tell. However, I was pleasantly surprised and pleased by the overall quality of service of and food. First, the service is what I would expect from the coal region in Pennsylvania... relaxed and laid back. I would say a 'going with the flow' mentality... which I generally find to be a welcoming attitude on most occasions... almost like you're family. Anyway, I ordered a chicken wrap that came with fresh cut fries and both were packed with flavor. My business partner had a pulled pork sandwich which he also raved about. I recommended stopping here with friends to relax and enjoy unquestionably above average pub grub

1  Thank Moonrover2004
There are newer reviews for 901 Pub

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place is in the middle of nothing but only a mile or so from Rt 81. we got stuck at a local hotel who made the rec for dinner here - apparently, there is no other choice. Hostess and waitress were great - very helpful and interested.
However, the fish special was not up to par, and my burger, although a good meal. came with a piece of limp ice beg lettuce - no garnish like a pickle slice or onion - I never thought to ask for these.
But the fries were great - crisp and a good portion.
So overall, not great but this place has been operated by the same family since 1988 - worth a kudo for local American workmanship.