“Best Family Owned Restaurant”
Review of Trieste Restaurant

Trieste Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Trieste Restaurant, we’ve been proud to serve our favorite homemade Italian recipes to the community since 1960. Cooking with fresh ingredients and a lot of love, our dishes offer something delicious for everyone in the family, allowing guests to indulge in a meal that’s flavorful and comforting. Whether the family wants to enjoy a dinner out to eat or they’d prefer to order a take-out meal for home, everyone can expect to enjoy a meal that warms the heart and satisfies the soul.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This family owned neighborhood Italian Restaurant has been around for a long time and I have been here more times than I can count and have never been disappointed. No matter what you get from appetizers to entrees to dessert to drinks, you always get the best for your money. From Filet Mignon to Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan, there is a wide selection and everything has always been delicious. Owners and staff have always been very friendly, gracious and accommodating and the restrooms are always clean.

Tony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Wow. We can't thank you enough for your continued support over the years. Our team truly appreciates your kind words about our staff and food. You're always welcome here.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We got in town late on Saturday night and was looking for a good place to eat. We were at Tinicum township fire station and the firemen gave us this recomadation so we went there to eat. The food was great, we had a soup that was some red crab soup that was out of this world. After we ate the main course the deserts were unbelievably great. It was reasonable priced and good. We went back to eat there a couple of days latter and it was good. I would recommend that you go out of your way and try the food here.

Tony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

It's wonderful you enjoyed both your visits at Trieste -- thanks for taking the time to review! You can always count on delicious food and great service when you stop by. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Our large group of 16 was looking for a restaurant where the athletes could carbo-load on pasta the night before their races. We called Trieste to see if they could accommodate us, and within an hour of leaving the stadium we were seated and orders were being taken. Staff was friendly, and service was pretty fast considering we basically walked in without a reservation. Fairly typical Italian fare, but the homemade escarole soup and the bread were excellent as was the cannoli. Had the group not been trying to eat so healthy, there would have been additional orders for the chocolate lava cake. Decor was outdated, but it is apparent that this restaurant has been a local favorite for years. We are happy to have stumbled upon it.

Additional notes: The restaurant offers a children's menu, has seafood on the menu (though I wouldn't call it a seafood restaurant) and has a room that accommodated our party of 16 and could easily accommodate 20.

Tony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, as it was a pleasure to accommodate your group! It's wonderful everyone enjoyed their meals and our service, and, especially, the chocolate lava cake. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Years ago, when I lived closer to this restaurant, I went often and loved it. We moved further away, to a town with many restaurants and bars, so I hadn't been to the Trieste in a few years. Recently, my wife and I went back. The food is even better than I had remembered, and the prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended!!!

Tony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Jeff, thanks for making it back to see us -- there's nothing better than hearing it was even better than you remembered! We hope you and your wife won't wait too long to join us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We, my three sisters, 3 of our spouses and two of our grown kids, met for dinner at a long table in the back room that worked great for us. I can't remember what everyone had. But, my wife and I and one sister had:
- spaghetti with Mussels that was very good,
- broiled crab cakes also very good,
- lobster ravioli my sister liked,
- all with house salads.
- The bottle of Ruffino Chianti we had was reasonably priced at $25.
- the Tirimisu we managed to save room for was also very good.

There is limited parking behind the restaurant, so we parked acros the street and dodged traffic to get in. It is right on Chester Pike and busy depending on the time of day.

Overall a nice dinner out with 8 other family members.

Tony P, Owner at Trieste Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We enjoyed having you and your family for dinner -- thank you for taking the time to review! We really appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you all again soon.