“Main Dining Room” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Penn Hills, Pennsylvania
“Main Dining Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Since the new owners have taken over we have eaten once in the main dining rooom - fish was under cooked, the vegetables were over cooked and the wait staff was clueless. We have only eaten twice in this property - not sure we will try it again.

Williston, North Dakota
“eating in a fine diningroom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

the food was very good and you get plenty to eat. the waitress was nice and attentive.

Visited November 2011
Glen Campbell
“The menu choices were all appealing and the food outstanding.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

We live just a few short miles outside Punxsutawney and yet have never had a meal at this legendary hotel, compliments of Bill Murray's "Groundhog Day". But we were in town and stomachs were growling at about midafternoon on a recent Saturday when my companion suggested that we try it. We were not sorry. The Saturday lunch special was reasonably priced and included a Reuben with their signature flat chip fries. He ordered the Reuben and I had the fish and chips. Both choices were exceptional. His Reuben included a generous portion of corned beef with a creamy dressing and kraut. My fish was fried to a golden light crispy batter and the fish was thick and flaky. Next time we're planning to return on a Saturday night for the prime rib. It's supposed to be a 20 oz. piece of aged beef. If I hadn't been on my New Years Resolution diet, I'd have ordered the cookies and ice cream dessert. They say you need to order it at the same time as you place your order for the main course because it requires a 30 minute wait time to prepare. Intriguing!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
St. Petersburg
“Pantall Restaurant - Nice Lunch Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2008

I've never stayed at the hotel, so this review covers the main first-floor dining room only - lunch menu: I most recently had a 1/2 panini and chicken noodle soup combo, and both were good. Fresh, homecooked turkey instead of pre-packed deli slices.

I've eaten here a couple times and never had a memorably poor meal. Dining room is classic northern eclectic - and cosy wood interior & nice plaid carpeting!