“Mother's Day at John's Plain N Fancy”

John's Plain N' Fancy
Ranked #34 of 96 Restaurants in Quakertown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Classic American Diner, Had Breakfast from a long selection. Scrambled eggs just right, home fries, fluffy pancakes, good coffee. Never had pork roll before
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Having been the first time I have eaten at this restaurant - you will have to use your own judgment on my review. We ate at John's Plain N Fancy on this Mother's Day, of course there was a long waiting line, but something we expected on this day. We were seated quickly (there were 3 of us). Pity the poor waitress, she was frazzled with the running but she did an excellent job. I ordered a usual breakfast scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, juice, I don't drink coffee. Husband ordered eggs over, ham, home fries, & juice. When waitress delivered our meal, we both got scrambled eggs - but husband took the eggs in place of eggs over - eggs are eggs. Sorry to say the food was barely warm, which surprised me as it was breakfast time and we didn't order anything out the ordinary. Home fries were also barely warm. Waitress forgot our juice and brought it after we were done eating, needless to say we didn't drink all of the juice. I might or might not give them another chance, as I said it was Mother's Day and they were packed, but I don't think that is an excuse for cold food. Maybe they should have had more help at this time.

1  Thank LindaW8243

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited John's Plain and Fancy on probably one of their busiest days of the year -- Mother's Day. This may explain some of the issues we had. It took about 10 minutes for the waitress to take our order, but we did have someone bring us coffee in the meantime. I could tell the poor waitress was frazzled! She finally was able to take our order. I ordered the special which was a Broccoli and Cheese omelette, which came with homefries and toast. My parents each ordered the breakfast special of 2 eggs, meat, toast, homefries and juice. My father ordered eggs over and my mother scrambled. When our meal came - did come quickly which was surprising because of how busy they were - my father's plate had scrambled eggs instead of over easy. She was very apologetic and wanted to get him the right order, but seeing how busy they were he kept the scrambled. Unfortunately both his and my mother's eggs were cool. My omelette was piping hot and excellent - cooked to perfection. The toast only had a little dab of butter so it seemed a little dry, but otherwise the homefries and meats were good. My parents didn't get their juices with the meal so they figured they wouldn't bother her and ask for them. She did bring them over after the meal was over which kind of defeated the purpose, but she was extremely busy. Overall, I am sure on a regular day, the food and service are excellent for breakfast. I did eat there for dinner previously and it was great. Definitely worth a visit - the desserts look excellent!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good food, reasonable prices, clean and open 24 hours. That is enough to earn 4 stars. The only 'con' is a limited bakery selection. Not bad at all and more than most restaurants for sure but not spectacular.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 29 April 2014

John's was a delight. Good service, good food in a nice facility. Enjoyed my Creamed Chipped Beef on potatoes. The Cream was tasty and the potatoes were perfect. They handled a family of 3 adults and 4 small children with a smile and lots of help. Very patient and attentive. Good Food for breakfast.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

For $8.50 I got a roasted, half chicken, soup, salad bar, large side of broccoli. I would be lying if I said the quality was excellent. The gravy was like something out of a can. Having said that it was a quality meal at a low price, making it an overall very good value.