“Great Chowder!”

Kathy's Country Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Quakertown
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My son goes to DeSales University nearby, so we have passed this place many times running him back & forth to the local Target & Walmart when we visit. Always noticed this little place, usually with cars out front, and figured at some point we would try it. Had to bring him back today from Christmas break, and decided to give this place a try. Lovely young girl greeted us, sat us quickly, and asked our drink order. It was quiet with a few tables seated, just about 5:30PM. Her service was outstanding and her attitude more than pleasant! Ordered the Whistle Sampler to start.....potato skins were great, chicken fingers & philly spring rolls....okay. Just a little too oily for my liking. I ordered the pulled pork and was disappointed. The pork is not cooked in the sauce, so it was quite bland. It is placed on a roll w/ sauce on the top and bottom. Sauce is very good, but the meat was flavorless and a bit cold. Subbed out for the mashed potatoes and they were very good. My husband had the chicken corn chowder...DELICIOUS!! He also ordered the chicken & dumpling dinner which was very good as well. Decided on a whim to have dessert after hearing the owner tell another patron she cooked all these pies in this morning. We split an apple pie w/ raisins, crumbs and icing. Came out w/ whipped cream and it looked great.....but it was ice cold. Guess it was kept in the fridge, not what I expected. Usually when I'm not happy, it's a nail in the coffin and we will not be back. BUT....since my husband's two choices were so very good, I am willing to try this place again. Prices are great....very reasonable. Don't think I would like this place if packed w/ people....bit tiny. Worth a try.......and make sure you try the chowder!!

1  Thank Claire H

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Kathy's always has great fresh homemade food. Her Chicken Corn Chowder is one of my all time favorite soups. Don't let the surroundings fool you, the food is great and fresh! I know when the weather gets nice this place is going to be packed! Get in and get her food now why you can!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

waited almost 20 minute for my order to be taken, was sitting in the middle of the room but the waitress ask everyone around me if they wanted more coffee but my table. She finally came over with an empty pot when my party was ready to leave. Never came back to our table not even once to ask how our food was and the resturant was not even busy. She spent to much time talking to gentleman customers.

3  Thank paintsandpictures