“Disappointing Changes”

Bubba's Potbelly Stove
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Quakertown
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm and cozy log cabin with a friendly atmosphere!
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was first introduced to Bubba's as a teenager by my parents when we went for a drive and stopped for dinner. I fell in love with the custom omelets. After that I looked forward to the occasions we would go there for dinner(we lived 40 minutes away from it). I never wanted to order anything else off the menu except the omelets. Once grown and married I introduced my husband there too. Still living about 40 minutes away our trips there were only a few times a year. But each time I looked forward to ordering an omelet.
Stopping there on Memorial day this year after being out and about for the day, my mouth watered for one of those fantastic omelets. But to my dismay I saw they were no longer on the menu. I asked the waitress about it ans she said they were no longer a part of their menu. They were only available as a special or for brunch. That's fine and dandy for people who live closer but for someone like me that's so far away it was a huge disappointment.
When I talked to my mom afterwards I told her about the change and she was shocked. She said all the years she's gone there and talking to other people who went there everyone raved over their omelets. She herself know people who lived further away that would make the trip too for that one dish Bubba's was known for.
I know their burgers are very good but I don't have to drive 40 minutes to get a good burger.
Unless enough people complain and they add them back to their menu I don't think I'll be making the trip back there again. 40 minutes to go out dinner is a bit much but I once thought it was worth it. Not any more.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

There is none better than a Bubbas Burger. Service is great. Loved my burger. Good beer selection , too. We've been here several times and all our meals have been delicious. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have eaten at Bubba's for more than 30 years. While a nice place, it seems to be a bit less of an attraction as time goes on. The menu has recently been reduced in size, but the food is still good. Some have commented on the onion soup, which is good, but not salty as some prefer it. I recently had the salmon, which is a nice choice, but not as good as some other places offer. Others in our group loved the clams casino, but I had the stuffed pepper soup, which I found much more interesting - almost like a chili it was so thick. They had some problems with preparing a rare steak which I did not comprehend, but it came out rare and satisfied the one who ordered it. The Brownie Blitz dessert was enough for at least two people, and pretty good, although some thought the whipped cream was not good (or real?). I would return again though. We more often eat lunch here than dinner.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've eaten at Bubba's many times, after the delicious fish tacos I was compelled to write a review. They put deep fried breaded cod on soft grilled tacos with cabbage, tomatoes and a sauce, delicious. They have good burgers, I don't like mushrooms by my girlfriend says the mushroom soup is the best. The dinner entrées are also good, the salads that come with the meal are nice and green. The nacho "appetizer" is huge and delicious. The bar is a bit cramped and the place is small, expect to wait during peak times. Only had one server out of our many visits that was not good, have not seen her since. Good beer selections and pretty good list of cocktails.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I Recently ate at this restaurant and have not been here for a long while This restaurant has very good food the four of us had different meals one had the prime rib which they commented as excellent one had the ribs which also was very good and the other two had the tilapia filet which was juicy and very good. One downfall that took place here was the server forgot to explain that their talipia filet came with a sauce on top when that arrived she immediately took that back and had the kitchen make a new one without the sauce and the mushroom soup was very good also other than that small misstep which was taken care of i will return to this restaurant.