“Very Best @ Best Western Q'Town”

Best Western Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Quakertown
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Very Best @ Best Western Q'Town”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Wow. Newly refurbished hotel with complimentary hot breakfast! Having good experience at the Best Western in Tuscon, we tried this one in Quakertown and were delighted with it. The room was spacious, well appointed and spotless. Staff at front desk and Breakfast Room were extremely helpful and courteous. The waffle machine at breakfast was an extra plus, as were the original pastel artworks of the local covered bridges. In downtown Quakertown, it is perfectly located to take advantage of the local shops and antique stores. Close to Sines 5&10--a 100 year old dime store just like old times! We loved this hotel in quaint Quakertown!!

Room Tip: Room 201 is extra large with comfortable king bed!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2012

AAA members and AARP members get a nice discount if booked ahead. And Seniors should ask
for first floor rooms as there's really NOT an elevator. No smoking rooms important to us as well.
Better value then any of the options on turnpike exit and right in the center of town was nice.
Requests dealt with quickly and pleasantly - feather pillows, more shampoo. "Breakfast buffet"
limited but "hey! it's free!" Recently remodeled and nice comfortable rooms - and GREAT value!

JRSullivan/NYC

Room Tip: Away from parking lot if lights at night are a problem for you.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Best Western Motor Inn in Quakertown was the most economical option for us for our one night stay for a softball tournament. I found every other hotel to be overpriced. I was happy with my decision to stay here. The room was nicer than the photos show. The bathroom is tiny but the water was warm and everything worked. We found the beds comfy and the whole area quiet even though there are many shops close by. The WiFi worked immediately for us which was a plus. The breakfast was OK, very much like most similarly priced hotels. Our only issue was with the evening check in lady. She is rude. We actually stayed here last year (though didn't remember until we checked in!) and the same lady was rude then as well. I'm not sure how she keeps her job. Overall though, I can recommend the hotel if you ignore the rude front desk clerk.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Did not like the Satellite Provider, no channel guide, so ended up channel surfing alot.
Continental breakfast is very limited for kids, make your own waffle was the only thing my son would eat. Room was clean, service was good. No elevator for second floor and no pool for kids. A no thrills motel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GPT62
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I recently spent 4 days at this Best Western, and came away feeling quite satisfied. The location was excellent for the event I was attending and also very conveniently located in general, with lots of shopping and restaurant options within walking distance. Front desk employees were consistently courteous and helpful. Quietness is always important to me, and I never heard noise either in the hallway or from adjoining rooms. The mattresses were of excellent quality, and I have the impression they must be quite new. The room was spotless. Nice to have a mini-fridge and microwave included, even though I didn't specifically request them. The air conditioner was one of the most efficient I have encountered in a hotel, and kept the room a constant temperature without being terribly noisy, even though temps were in the 90s every day. It was the best price I found in the area, yet did not generally scrimp on delivering quality.

A few cons: It took 45 minutes and 3 calls to Best Western tech support to get workable wifi in the room. I travel constantly, and my computer always connects without a problem -- which it did in the lobby, but not in my room. Several techs had to tinker with the system for a long time before I could access the Internet from my room. Once it was done, I didn't have another problem the rest of the time.

I'm not generally up at the crack of dawn, but neither do I sleep in terribly late. Only one morning out of four did I get a truly hot shower, and I had to get up earlier than usual to do so. The other mornings there was only lukewarm water by the time I shaved and showered. I'm used to that when traveling overseas, but it is surprising in the USA.

Breakfasts were mediocre at best. The only protein available was hard-boiled eggs, and one morning even those were missing. Pastries were limited to dry packaged muffins, and there was a very limited selection of juice in tiny packages -- two or three to fill a standard styrofoam cup. Very limited selection of cereal. This is the area that could really use attention to bring the place up to the quality of others in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Bel Air
Reviewed 23 June 2010

The room & bathroom were clean. The air conditioner was quiet. The bed was comfortable The employees were friendly & helpful One of them recommended a restaurant right down the street called McCoole's at the Red Lion Inn where we had a wonderful dinner at an affordable price.
The included breakfast was very good & the area kept cleaned up & well stocked.
A pleasant surprise was tables with tableclothes which were set with real coffee cups & saucers as well as metal flatware. No plastic here!
For all of this we paid considerably less than other motels in the area. The only thing missing is a pool which might be a consideration for some people especially if traveling with children.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Maine
Reviewed 16 July 2008

We weren't expecting much of this "motor inn" but it was closest to the family we were visiting. It looks very dated in the picture of the outside but the inside seemed to be fairly recently renovated. Our king room was nice sized and had a fridge and micorwave tucked away in the cabinet. The room and facility were clean and comfortable. My only complaint would have been with the free breakfast. We are used to the typical "continental" breakfast and have gotten pretty good at scoping out the food worth eating but we simply grabbed a banana and left the cellophane wrapped foods.

The big plus for us was the location. While most of the hotels are out by the highway, this just off the main drag and a block from the old, but very much still alive, downtown of Quakertown: some nice restaurants ranging from diner food to cafe's and more upscale; an old 5&10 store with an operating fountain/counter; a nice used book store and several antique stores. It was nice to be able to leave the car and walk around.

• Liked — Proximity to downtown
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quakertown
Quality Inn & Suites  Quakertown
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Knights Inn Center Valley
Knights Inn Center Valley
#1 of 1 in Center Valley

Been to Best Western Motor Inn? Share your experiences!