“Don't know what "Customer Service" is.”

Best Western Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Quakertown
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This hotel is nice and clean...a little dated but still nice. The issue here is service. I travel with a group around 100 dates a year and this is the first hotel to refuse a request for a late checkout. We asked for a checkout at 12 and regular checkout is 11. At 11:05 a representative from the hotel was knocking on our door asking us to leave. I wouldn't recommend this place nor will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel that will treat you like a person.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacob E

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hotel is conveniently located just off Rt 309 and not far from the PA Turnpike. Lots of diners and restaurants nearby as well as options for shopping. Our king room was comfortable and clean. Wish there had been better water pressure in the shower. Breakfast room is lovely. Breakfast offerings were typical.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Wow. Newly refurbished hotel with complimentary hot breakfast! Having good experience at the Best Western in Tuscon, we tried this one in Quakertown and were delighted with it. The room was spacious, well appointed and spotless. Staff at front desk and Breakfast Room were extremely helpful and courteous. The waffle machine at breakfast was an extra plus, as were the original pastel artworks of the local covered bridges. In downtown Quakertown, it is perfectly located to take advantage of the local shops and antique stores. Close to Sines 5&10--a 100 year old dime store just like old times! We loved this hotel in quaint Quakertown!!

Room Tip: Room 201 is extra large with comfortable king bed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

AAA members and AARP members get a nice discount if booked ahead. And Seniors should ask
for first floor rooms as there's really NOT an elevator. No smoking rooms important to us as well.
Better value then any of the options on turnpike exit and right in the center of town was nice.
Requests dealt with quickly and pleasantly - feather pillows, more shampoo. "Breakfast buffet"
limited but "hey! it's free!" Recently remodeled and nice comfortable rooms - and GREAT value!

JRSullivan/NYC

Room Tip: Away from parking lot if lights at night are a problem for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Best Western Motor Inn in Quakertown was the most economical option for us for our one night stay for a softball tournament. I found every other hotel to be overpriced. I was happy with my decision to stay here. The room was nicer than the photos show. The bathroom is tiny but the water was warm and everything worked. We found the beds comfy and the whole area quiet even though there are many shops close by. The WiFi worked immediately for us which was a plus. The breakfast was OK, very much like most similarly priced hotels. Our only issue was with the evening check in lady. She is rude. We actually stayed here last year (though didn't remember until we checked in!) and the same lady was rude then as well. I'm not sure how she keeps her job. Overall though, I can recommend the hotel if you ignore the rude front desk clerk.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Did not like the Satellite Provider, no channel guide, so ended up channel surfing alot.
Continental breakfast is very limited for kids, make your own waffle was the only thing my son would eat. Room was clean, service was good. No elevator for second floor and no pool for kids. A no thrills motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GPT62
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I recently spent 4 days at this Best Western, and came away feeling quite satisfied. The location was excellent for the event I was attending and also very conveniently located in general, with lots of shopping and restaurant options within walking distance. Front desk employees were consistently courteous and helpful. Quietness is always important to me, and I never heard noise either in the hallway or from adjoining rooms. The mattresses were of excellent quality, and I have the impression they must be quite new. The room was spotless. Nice to have a mini-fridge and microwave included, even though I didn't specifically request them. The air conditioner was one of the most efficient I have encountered in a hotel, and kept the room a constant temperature without being terribly noisy, even though temps were in the 90s every day. It was the best price I found in the area, yet did not generally scrimp on delivering quality.

A few cons: It took 45 minutes and 3 calls to Best Western tech support to get workable wifi in the room. I travel constantly, and my computer always connects without a problem -- which it did in the lobby, but not in my room. Several techs had to tinker with the system for a long time before I could access the Internet from my room. Once it was done, I didn't have another problem the rest of the time.

I'm not generally up at the crack of dawn, but neither do I sleep in terribly late. Only one morning out of four did I get a truly hot shower, and I had to get up earlier than usual to do so. The other mornings there was only lukewarm water by the time I shaved and showered. I'm used to that when traveling overseas, but it is surprising in the USA.

Breakfasts were mediocre at best. The only protein available was hard-boiled eggs, and one morning even those were missing. Pastries were limited to dry packaged muffins, and there was a very limited selection of juice in tiny packages -- two or three to fill a standard styrofoam cup. Very limited selection of cereal. This is the area that could really use attention to bring the place up to the quality of others in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quakertown
Quality Inn & Suites  Quakertown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Best Western Motor Inn? Share your experiences!