“Poor Customer Service”

Best Western Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Quakertown
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I chose this Best Western for its name integrity, its great value and its close proximity to our destination. We were shocked however at how disrespectful we were treated by the front desk. I had called ahead to reserve a room for the night and upon giving our information over the phone (name, number, bank card info) she told me both of our cards were declined (I tried my husband's after the first decline). We were surprised as this was unusual, we spent the next 30 min checking with our banks and used both cards to ensure there was no hold, everything was fine. When I called the hotel to try again, the woman said she would not run our cards again and hung up the phone! We arrived at the hotel under our own concern that something may be amiss, after a few rude questions, the woman reluctantly swiped our card with success the first time (we didn't have ANY issues with either card the rest of our trip). She half-heartedly apologized and took $8.00 off our room. We also got a call 8 min after checkout in the morning asking if we were staying another night or we needed to leave. The room was newly renovated and comfortable but the service was terrible.

Room Tip: Reserve a room online or wait to you arrive in person.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Found this Best Western to be a convenient location to visit family and friends but never expected to have such a terrible stay!!!! We requested a room on the 1st floor. They told us they had only 1 left and we took it. Unfortunately, the heater didn't work. They told us it would be fixed the next morning and we suffered through the night in a rather unclean room. (Later they told us the heater in our room was the oldest in the motel and didn't know why it had never been replaced.) The next day we were told the heater had been fixed but it was not. They offered to move us to another room on the 1st floor and we said okay. When we got into the room it had a terrible moldy smell and the bathroom was filthy! The toilet was black inside. We promptly told them we were leaving. They did not offer to comp our stay for the first night with no heat (how unprofessional is that!) and didn't charge us for the 2nd day ... we never used the room, so I wouldn't expect to be charged anyway! Another note about the front desk personnel -- they are soooooooooo unprofessional. I had to wake one guy up two times to get his help with our room. Another one told me that the maintenance people said the heater was fixed and if it wasn't then they must have lied to him. Such a terrible place!!!! Don't stay here. They apparently don't care at all about their guests or their "Motor Inn". P.S. If you can't do steps and carry your luggage up them and you're brave enough to stay here, ask for a 1st floor room because there is no elevator.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lillyput918
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Okay, let me start out by saying giving an amazing thumbs up to this property is the last thing I thought I would ever do. I live about 5 miles from this motel and have literally driven past it thousands of times in my lifetime. It was always perceived as an old 1960’s “Motor Inn” as the name still states. October 2012 following Hurricane Sandy we were without electricity for a week and as night #4 of cold and darkness was setting in I frantically searched for a nearby place to stay that had power. I first attempted several newer hotels near the Quaketown exit of the PA Turnpike, only to find out they were either booked solid or did not have electric. I then decided to “settle” for the Best Western near downtown. Boy was I wrong.

Although a very old building and not looking like much from the outside, upon check-in and once in my room, I was taken back how beautiful their newly refurbished rooms were! Unless I looked out the window to realize where I was, I would rate my room up there on the same scale as a luxury hotel. Our room was super comfortable and pristine clean well beyond my expectations. Continental breakfast is included and having been exposed to these setups often in my travel I was shocked to see a Coffee Shop type setup waiting for me with real ceramic plates to eat off of with metal utensils. If you decided to eat there, individual tables awaited you with real coffee cups, napkins, and flatware as if you were dining out. The food consisted of your basic continental fare, but also included a waffle maker plus hard-boiled eggs. It was an amazing nice setup to compliment our beautiful room. Again, this was hard for me to believe I was in the Borough of Quakertown and this proves one can not judge a book by its cover. If you are in this area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Not sure if all the rooms have been refurbished, but make sure you request one and you will not be d...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GTPM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quakertown
Quality Inn & Suites  Quakertown
#1 of 1 in Sellersville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville

Been to Best Western Motor Inn? Share your experiences!