“Wonderful evening with excellent food and wine!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Campagna
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Quakertown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ottsville
“Wonderful evening with excellent food and wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We went to La Campagna for Father's Day and had a delicious dinner! We've been here before and enjoyed it so this time we took our 21 year-old daughter along. Well, all our meals were fabulous! We started with the Bruschetta appetizer which has sun-dried tomatoes and perfectly seasoned olive oil and just enough melted cheese over delicious toasted Italian bread. Perfect with our white wine! For the main course, my husband and daughter had the Pasta Cacciucco, which looked amazing with mussels, calamari, clams, shrimp, and scallops. My daughter chose the large size with white wine sauce and my husband wanted the smaller portion with a red wine sauce.(I think it is nice to have a choice on portion size and sauces) They ate every bit and soaked up the sauce! For me, I ordered the Celia Salad, which is a dinner- sized salad with spring mix and grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, etc.), a light dressing, and topped with pine nuts. I added grilled salmon but other choices were chicken, shrimp, or crab cakes. It was wonderful and light in calories but so healthy! We enjoyed a good bottle of red wine with the main course. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was excellent! We will be coming back again soon. We love BYOB restaurants and this one is a hidden gem!

2 Thank laura h

Hollister, CA
“Wonderful Italian in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We enjoyed dinner at La Campagna last week. First of all, we were from out of town and it was a lovely ride in the country. When we arrived, I wasn't sure it was a restaurant from outside. But restaurant it was....and I would go back in a minute. It is family owned and run. They started us with a treat from the chef.....some fresh Bruschetta. It was amazing! Best I've ever had. My family ordered a large caesar salad for the table and an order of bruschetta con mozzarella. Both lovely. But the star of the night was the freshly made pastas we ordered. I had the fungi with fresh tagliatelle pasta. Thin ribbons of unbelievable quality bathed with wild mushrooms in brown sauce with fresh herbs. I never wanted it to come to an end!! Another in my party had the same pasta with arrabbiata sauce which he said was "to die for". A couple of our group had the cacciacco also on friesh pasta with a large mixture of seafood and another had the special risotto of the day. Everyone was happy and did not have room for dessert! So if you are in the area and want some delicious Italian food, give La Campagna a try. Next time I'm in PA I hope to go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 49erlover
New York City, New York
“REAL ITALIAN! REAL GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I ventured down an old country road completely out of the way from my hotel to visit this place based on the previous reviews, boy am I glad I did! In one word: Amazing! As soon as I walked in I could tell this was a lovely little gem. Its a family owned, dim lit, BYOB, intimate, old style italian restaurant. We were greeted and seated by the owner and taken care of by her lovely staff. We ordered the chicken parm which was fresh and uniquely flavored with hints of fresh rosemary. To die for! You never finish your drink completely before you are offered another refill. The waitress was very attentive and made sure to constantly ask if we needed anything else. They start you off with homemade country bread and a free brushetta order. I was too full from the VERY LARGE portion of dinner that I had to even think about dessert but their menu included espresso creme brulee, canolis and cherry chocolate bread pudding. I will definitely be back again to try ! Upon leaving we had a chance to speak to the owner who was very pleasant and thank her for her delicious food. I saw plenty of plates coming out of the kitchen going to other tables, and I can honestly say there wasn't one thing that didn't look amazing. Delicious, artistically prepared and well worth the trip! We will be visiting everytime we are in pa! Thanks again !

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank keepop1234
“Carb loading!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

10 of us ate there as a pre-triathlon meal! Food was FABULOUS! Not a bad bite at the table. Dessert OMG... Cappuchino creme brule' off the chart! Highly recommended. We will be back.

1 Thank DrkimPa
Milford Square
“A taste of Italy in upper Bucks County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

This family owned restaurant is off the beaten path, but the out of way location boasts the best Italian food in upper Bucks and quite frankly outside Philadelphia. It is a BYOB, small intimate place, and reservations are a must on summer weekends. I've tried practically everything on the menu with no complaints. Excellent Chicken Parmesan, great Scaloppini, seafood dishes, etc. They bake their on bread, and have the best wood fire pizzas period. Don't miss their homemade deserts.

• Visited February 2013