“Great Italian Dining”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a classic Italian dining spot. BYOB makes it ery affordable, Staff is very friendly and service is always good.

1  Thank PopPopfromQtown

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was a slice of South Philly in the middle of the woods! We went for my wife's 50th and can't wait to go back. I had the cacciucco - fresh mussels, clams, calimari, shrimp and scallops over linguine. It was superb. The tiramisu was excellent, but the dessert that everyone raved about was the cherry chocolate bread pudding. It is homemade using fresh crooisants instead of bread and served warm with a dollop of vanilla icecream.

1  Thank dtownchuck
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a wonderful small restaurant. It is worth the time to get there. We when there with our son's family and 4 kids 4 to 8.It is a BYOB. The food we all had was wonderful. There were 6 adult meals and each of them were outstanding. It made us feel we were eating with family. Staff was very friendly. Don't judge the place by the outside appearance. Don't try to go on a weekend without a reservation. We cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

La Campagna is a tiny hole in the wall restaurant tucked away in the woods just south of Quakertown. It's kind of off the beaten path, but, well worth the effort it will take to get there. Be fore warned, If you don't have a reservation, you probably won't get in, especially on the weekend.

I went there this past weekend with some friends and we ordered a couple of their specialty pizzas as an appetizer. The pies are hand made with a thin crust and they are delicious. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the entree's, because, we ate so much pizza, we didn't have room left for a meal. All we could do was sit there and watch one delicious looking plate of food after another pass our table. However, we did manage to save room for desert. The cappuccino crème brule'e was outrageously good.

I noticed that someone wrote about the portion sizes being small. I can honestly say, every plate that passed our table looked to be quite reasonably portioned. I will be back, but, this time I'll get the pizza to go.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We went to La Campagna for Father's Day and had a delicious dinner! We've been here before and enjoyed it so this time we took our 21 year-old daughter along. Well, all our meals were fabulous! We started with the Bruschetta appetizer which has sun-dried tomatoes and perfectly seasoned olive oil and just enough melted cheese over delicious toasted Italian bread. Perfect with our white wine! For the main course, my husband and daughter had the Pasta Cacciucco, which looked amazing with mussels, calamari, clams, shrimp, and scallops. My daughter chose the large size with white wine sauce and my husband wanted the smaller portion with a red wine sauce.(I think it is nice to have a choice on portion size and sauces) They ate every bit and soaked up the sauce! For me, I ordered the Celia Salad, which is a dinner- sized salad with spring mix and grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, etc.), a light dressing, and topped with pine nuts. I added grilled salmon but other choices were chicken, shrimp, or crab cakes. It was wonderful and light in calories but so healthy! We enjoyed a good bottle of red wine with the main course. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was excellent! We will be coming back again soon. We love BYOB restaurants and this one is a hidden gem!

2  Thank laura h