“Super Chevy maple Grove, PA”

Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Best Western in Shillington has always been outstanding. We have stayed there the last 13 years. The staff is always very helpful and pleasant. We would not stay anyplace else. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property for over a decade. It's truly humbling to be your accommodation of choice for so many years. We will continue to revamp our property to surpass guest expectations. Our belief to treat each and every guest as our only, is a true testament to genuine hospitality.

My team and I look forward to your continued patronage, for years to come.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We've stayed here a few times in the past couple of years because the rate is good and the accommodations are standard to good. Bed is comfortable and bathroom, albeit small, is clean--my two bottom-line requirements. Fresh-baked cookies appear at the registration desk each day, a nice touch. This past visit the occasional chair in our room was nice to look at, but very uncomfortable. The location is very good for us as we have family nearby. Although the breakfast fare isn't elegant, if you like to make a waffle or enjoy cereal or toast, it's fine. Pretzel lovers take note: Tom Sturges is seconds away, and Unique (our preference) is a short drive.

Room Tip: This is a dog-friendly place, so non-dog owners may want to stay above the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review about your experience. We take pride in our property cleanliness, and comfortable accommodations. The cookies are freshly baked every morning by our breakfast attendants! They're a true guest favorite as you could tell. Our lounge chairs are going to be upgraded soon, and we are budgeting this for our annual improvement plan. The Sturgis and Spannuth families are renowned in the pretzel world, and both bakeries are worth a visit while in the Reading area.

My staff and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

A group of friends from FL were traveling back from Laconia, NH and stayed at your Inn last month. There were 14 in our group and Amy was working the front desk. We arrived around 6pm after driving through rain the entire day. Amy who was working the front desk was extremely professional, very warm and checked us in as expeditiously as possible considering the size of our group. The rooms were very large, extremely clean and as I was not a huge fan of Best Western, this Inn has changed my mind. The breakfast the following morning was enjoyable, with a variety of cereals, waffles, fresh fruit and plenty of warm coffee. I would recommend this Hotel and would certainly stay again if in the area. Very satisfied with the service and accommodations provided.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our Assistant Manager, Amy. She is a true asset to our organization and works enthusiastically every day. As you can tell, she is very efficient and dedicated in her guest care. It is always satisfying to me, when seeing comments such as yours regarding our brand. The Best Western Corporate team has done an excellent job enhancing the resources we have at the property level. My team and I take great pride in our amenities including the wonderful breakfast offerings and accommodations.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked the room on hotels.com and paid in full before arrival. Even with that, it took almost 40 minutes to check in. There were about 10 people behind me too. It was 10 pm and there were certainly some cranky people, including me, in that check in line. They were certainly understaffed. Checked into the room which was fine, exactly what you'd expect for a decent three star hotel. Breakfast in the morning was a mess. No food in any of the hot dishes. No one to wipe off dirty tables. I ended up having to go to the diner next door for breakfast which was disappointing since we paid for it. Overall, not the best experience. Probably would not stay again unless I had to.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay at our property. I'm sorry to hear your stay did not exceed expectations. My staff and I work hard to ensure each guest's satisfaction here at the property. Each guest has a different experience but we strive to maintain product and customer service satisfaction to the best of our abilities. We welcome your constructive criticism as it helps us make the necessary improvements to ensure that your future stays will be more pleasant. The weekend you mentioned became busy after staff schedules had been made and sometimes in the hospitality industry, there are certain slow hours and hectic hours that become unexpectedly busier than others. Regardless, your feedback has been shared with all of our staff members and we are already in the midst of implementing the necessary measures to prevent situations like the ones you mentioned in the future. We encourage you to give our property another chance to show you that we have the best value in the area!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Reading Best Western for 4 years now while attending a religious conference in the area. I am impressed with the consistency in which the staff delivers service. Every year we are met with an accommodating, gracious desk staff. The rooms are always clean and well-appointed. If something is missing or we need additional toiletries, the staff is always spot on.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and received the genuine service we take deep pride in. Our team realizes that consistency is the key to success in this business, and we strive to breed loyalty within our guests. We hope to be your annual destination during your religious convention for years to come.

On behalf of my staff and I, see you next year!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

It is good to know that customer service is alive and well. Sagar Shah, knows what taking care of guest is all about. I had a small issue upon check in that he took complete charge of and went way beyond what needed to be done. From his excellent customer service to the spotless clean room, I would strongly refer this place to anyone.

Room Tip: A very quiet location. Good free parking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It was my true pleasure to help make your stay memorable. We strive to be our guest's "home away from home" and do whatever it takes to make unforeseen circumstances better. Traveling can definitely be stressful, but you can expect to be treated like family at our property.

My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were in town for what must have been the busiest weekend this hotel had ever seen. To the hotels credit, they were booked solid. Though, I had no issues getting our reserved room. There were one or two in our group who were made to wait and offered chips and soda as a consolation. This must be standard practice b/c the once or twice I was in the lobby I noticed this same occurence.
All in all - it was decent enough. There were a few youth sports tournaments in town so you can expect things were a bit on the noisy side. To be expected. We too were there for the same reason so who am I to complain about the noise ? Rooms were decent and clean. The staff seemed helpful enough. Not particulaly friendly but I am sure it was a long day considering the influx of guests.
Breakfast- eh, not so sure. While I am sure for a quick mid-week stay for business it might have been suffice. It was by no means adequate for the amount of guests this weekend. Aside from the typical kids w/ no manners or upbringing. The line seemed never ending and the food always on the last few crumbs. Again, I would imagine during less than peak times it woud have been plenty good. For us however, Id have rather paid to eat some place else that had not only food, but a place in which t sit and eat it.
All in all, I think it was a decent chain. Just an overly busy weekend for this one.

Room Tip: They do have a small but decent fitness center. Odlly enough, there is a seperate key for this that...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review of our property and your stay. Each guest has a different experience but we strive to maintain product and customer service satisfaction. The weekend you mention was truly a busy weekend not only for us, but the entire market. I apologize for the noise and breakfast concerns. Usual practice for us is to open our meeting area directly adjacent to the breakfast room for guest overflow. We will ensure this continues to occur.

If you're in the area again at any point, I encourage you to visit us and enjoy summer amenities such as our outdoor pool which is now open! We look forward to seeing you.

Warm Regards,

Sagar V. Shah, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
#8 of 10 in Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!