“Peace and Rest”

Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had an enjoyable stay. peace, quite, and relaxing. With a Greek restaurant next door and a pretzel factory just a half block away that's open to the public to buy a large assortment of pretzels. The staff is friendly, clear, and relatively quick at getting you in and out. Not much face to face time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always satisfying to hear about a positive guest experience. I'm glad you enjoyed our quiet location, as well as our enthusiastic team. The Greek Diner in the parking lot is a true local gem, as well as Tom Sturgis Pretzels, America's First Commercial Bakery.

We hope to see you again at our property in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

A very nice stay with polite and friendly desk staff. Cookies in lobby were very good. Lobby is pretty small. The breakfast area is kind of small as well but the help did their best to keep with the amount of guests there were. It was very busy with a large group of people there for a religious convention. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Internet was excellent in the room...nice and strong. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and would consider our property again in the future. We always look at our amenities and service from the guest's perspective, and strive to offer a superior experience on a daily basis. Our gracious staff works hard to offer the utmost satisfaction to each and every guest.

My team and I look forward to your next visit while in the Reading area.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was comfortable staying here for the one night that we did. The room has been updated and is very clean, even the bathroom. I liked the separate sink area outside of the bathroom. It looked like the hotel has been repainted and carpeted in all areas. Cookies were awaiting our arrival and my husband couldn't have been happier. The breakfast was decent but as to be expected. We didn't get a chance to use the pool but it was nice. the front desk staff was very courteous and helpful too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful review of our property. We strive to deliver genuine service to each and every guest, and offer a product of superior value. Over the past several years, we have received the coveted Best Western Director's Award, for being in the top 20% of North American Best Western properties for upkeep and cleanliness. We want to be your home away from home, and will continue to revamp our product,

My team and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Best Western in Shillington has always been outstanding. We have stayed there the last 13 years. The staff is always very helpful and pleasant. We would not stay anyplace else. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property for over a decade. It's truly humbling to be your accommodation of choice for so many years. We will continue to revamp our property to surpass guest expectations. Our belief to treat each and every guest as our only, is a true testament to genuine hospitality.

My team and I look forward to your continued patronage, for years to come.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We've stayed here a few times in the past couple of years because the rate is good and the accommodations are standard to good. Bed is comfortable and bathroom, albeit small, is clean--my two bottom-line requirements. Fresh-baked cookies appear at the registration desk each day, a nice touch. This past visit the occasional chair in our room was nice to look at, but very uncomfortable. The location is very good for us as we have family nearby. Although the breakfast fare isn't elegant, if you like to make a waffle or enjoy cereal or toast, it's fine. Pretzel lovers take note: Tom Sturges is seconds away, and Unique (our preference) is a short drive.

Room Tip: This is a dog-friendly place, so non-dog owners may want to stay above the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review about your experience. We take pride in our property cleanliness, and comfortable accommodations. The cookies are freshly baked every morning by our breakfast attendants! They're a true guest favorite as you could tell. Our lounge chairs are going to be upgraded soon, and we are budgeting this for our annual improvement plan. The Sturgis and Spannuth families are renowned in the pretzel world, and both bakeries are worth a visit while in the Reading area.

My staff and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

A group of friends from FL were traveling back from Laconia, NH and stayed at your Inn last month. There were 14 in our group and Amy was working the front desk. We arrived around 6pm after driving through rain the entire day. Amy who was working the front desk was extremely professional, very warm and checked us in as expeditiously as possible considering the size of our group. The rooms were very large, extremely clean and as I was not a huge fan of Best Western, this Inn has changed my mind. The breakfast the following morning was enjoyable, with a variety of cereals, waffles, fresh fruit and plenty of warm coffee. I would recommend this Hotel and would certainly stay again if in the area. Very satisfied with the service and accommodations provided.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our Assistant Manager, Amy. She is a true asset to our organization and works enthusiastically every day. As you can tell, she is very efficient and dedicated in her guest care. It is always satisfying to me, when seeing comments such as yours regarding our brand. The Best Western Corporate team has done an excellent job enhancing the resources we have at the property level. My team and I take great pride in our amenities including the wonderful breakfast offerings and accommodations.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked the room on hotels.com and paid in full before arrival. Even with that, it took almost 40 minutes to check in. There were about 10 people behind me too. It was 10 pm and there were certainly some cranky people, including me, in that check in line. They were certainly understaffed. Checked into the room which was fine, exactly what you'd expect for a decent three star hotel. Breakfast in the morning was a mess. No food in any of the hot dishes. No one to wipe off dirty tables. I ended up having to go to the diner next door for breakfast which was disappointing since we paid for it. Overall, not the best experience. Probably would not stay again unless I had to.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay at our property. I'm sorry to hear your stay did not exceed expectations. My staff and I work hard to ensure each guest's satisfaction here at the property. Each guest has a different experience but we strive to maintain product and customer service satisfaction to the best of our abilities. We welcome your constructive criticism as it helps us make the necessary improvements to ensure that your future stays will be more pleasant. The weekend you mentioned became busy after staff schedules had been made and sometimes in the hospitality industry, there are certain slow hours and hectic hours that become unexpectedly busier than others. Regardless, your feedback has been shared with all of our staff members and we are already in the midst of implementing the necessary measures to prevent situations like the ones you mentioned in the future. We encourage you to give our property another chance to show you that we have the best value in the area!

Sagar V. Shah, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!