“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Connecticut
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently stayed at the Best Western in Shillington PA, and must say that the staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Close proximity to the Reading outlets and other area attractions. Nice daily breakfast selection, and Deluxe diner on site with more than reasonable prices and numerous choices. Overall a pleasant stay and a good value!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Hopedale, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. It has a microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker and a large HDTV. The breakfast was outstanding. It even had hot eggs and sausage (you rarely find that at a hotel). The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear you had a memorable experience at our property. While there is always room for improvement in our line of business, it makes our day when a guest is satisfied with their overall stay. We strive to make each guest feel this way.

My team and I will continue to improve and enhance our offerings to ensure a high level of satisfaction and service.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is convenient to my destination....it's clean and the staff is particularly helpful. I know I can depend on good accomodations when I stay there and the complimentary breakfast is a very nice touch also.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

It is our goal to be your "home away from home." Our friendly service and value-added amenities make us the best kept secret in the Reading/Wyomissing, PA area. Whether you are visiting a corporate park in Wyomissing or perhaps a business in downtown Reading, we are only minutes away from either location.

My team and I look forward to your next stay.

Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at this BW Plus location for two nights. Very clean, quiet, and courteous staff. Comfortable new bed. All furnishings were suitable and fairly new. The additional benefit for this location is an excellent diner out front (restaurant rating is for the independently owned diner). I'll stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, away from Hwy 222 traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy to hear your stay was comfortable and met your expectations. Improvement is a continuous process and should never end. We believe in addressing the needs of our guests, and working to deliver a product that is both functional and convenient.

The Deluxe Diner in our parking lot has been owned by the Frangakis Family for decades. From the hearty American offerings, to the traditional Greek options, this is the place to go for a reasonable price and quality food choices.

My team and I look forward to your next stay when in the Reading/Wyomissing, PA area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We've stayed here many times over the last 3 years as our daughter is in college near the hotel. We have always found the service to be impeccable and the rooms wonderful and clean. We are within easy distance of restaurants and stores and it is easy to find. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property. As you're aware, there are multiple options when choosing accommodations. We take pride in our product and friendly service. This is what ultimately differentiates well performing hotels from the rest!

Our close proximity to 222-South puts us a short distance away from Lancaster, and close to all the main college campuses in the Berks County area.

I wish your daughter the best of luck in her studies, and look forward to your next stay with us.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and i went on vacation and decided to stay three nights in the area, at this well rated hotel.

When we checked in to the room there was water on the floor near toiled; manager came up with pool towels and told us he was calling maintenance. We used the pool towels throughout our stay and maintenance did not come up.

More importantly, we received no housekeeping services throughout our stay. We did use the "do not disturb" sign, but removed it by 9:30 each morning when we went out. There was no cleaning, no trash removal, no new towels. I had to go to front desk each night for clean towels. We were never offered an alternate accommodation.

We left a mound of towels in the hallway the last night, and when we left in the AM, they were still there. If there were any way to contact the hotel, other than by phone, answered by whoever was on duty, we would have asked for some financial consideration for the inconvenience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sue s
SAGAR S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am deeply saddened in hearing about your negative experience here at our property. We believe strongly in our product and service quality, but it appears we fell short during your stay. I don't believe in excuses, nor do I ever condone poor service. If you had requested room service every day after removing your "Do-Not-Disturb" sign, it should've been taken care of. In terms of your maintenance needs, these should have been addressed as soon as they occurred, along with an immediate change of rooms if unresolvable at that moment.

Please call (610) 777-7888 during normal business hours (9AM - 5PM) and ask to speak with the General Manager. I will gladly take your call and work with you to reach an appropriate resolution. I would like you to experience our property again in a much better light.

I look forward to speaking with you.

doncaster
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Clean modern hotel with large rooms. The hotel is dog friendly which made me ask for a room that had not had a dog on that bed or in my room at any time. I don't dislike dogs but I don't see them as being acceptable in a bedroom. I was assured that only certain rooms were used for this purpose!!!
Breakfast was a mixed bag of surprises. Some mornings well cooked yet on other mornings not so. Breakfast room is small and space can be at a premium. Staff were helpful and friendly especially the late afternoon male staffer.Overall a hotel to recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!