“Nice Stay”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Kingston, New York
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Never stayed at this hotel prior to this stay. No complaints. Everything was fine. Would definitely return. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is not far from the outlets in Reading and only a short drive to the antique markets in Adamstown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was on a weekend trip to Pennsylvania and my trip was marred by the fact that the hotel did not clean my room thoroughly before allowing me to check in. I was greeted with dead bugs(stink bugs)all over the window sill and the carpet. I was told they would clean the room again, the next day, but, my bed was made, but the carpet still had dead bugs on it the next night. NOt a good experience. Would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SAGAR S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the stink bugs you found in your room. I can assure you this is an isolated incident, as our property is otherwise an extremely clean hotel, with strong preventive measures in place to avoid incidents such as this one. Unfortunately, it appears there was a blip during your stay. Your comments have been shared with my Executive Housekeeper to make sure her team is more thorough in their cleaning.

Stink bugs are historically an issue throughout Berks County, PA. As soon as the weather gets warmer, these bugs appear. It has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the hotel, as they are brought in from outside the property. Of course, this does not mean that our housekeeping staff shouldn't be more alert. I hold them fully accountable for matters such as this one.

My team and I encourage you to give us another chance. Please contact me via e-mail at bestwestern2299@gmail.com and I will ensure your next trip is much more memorable.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We’ve stayed here at least five times of the years because we go to Adamstown area flea markets. It was originally a Days Inn and was upgraded when Best Western took over. The rooms are well appointed and the place is clean. We always ask for a higher floor room facing the back as it avoids road traffic noise. The room comes with Microwave and fridge but the fridge can be noisy so we just unplug it. The windows do not open so you need to use the air conditioner/heater. This works find but there is sometimes a draft blowing towards the bed. Still acceptable to us.
Two comments based the stay this time which may add to my previous reviews:

After settling in to our third floor room (# 337) we began hearing the yelping of a dog through the wall. I was not aware that the hotel is pet friendly. I went to the front desk and found out it was. The hotel was sold out so we couldn’t change our room. But –the good news is that within 15 minutes the noise stopped. (thank goodness). So if you are seeking a quiet room, I’ll suggest requesting one faking the back of hotel and requesting a room not next to one that is housing a dog. Many travellers with pets will leave them in the room when they leave.

My other comment is something I commented on before. The front desk is friendly but both times they were not aware of dining options within the area of Shillington. The last two times they did not know about 201 West, a great moderately priced upscale restaurant in Shillington. I found it on Trip Advisor but they never heard of it. This year I looked on TA and found Gino’s a GREAT and REALLY affordable BYOB within 1 ½ miles of the Best Western. It is rated as #1 in Shillington on TA yet the two desk staff never heard of it. I brought back a menu but we think they like to promote the Deluxe Diner which sits next to the Best Western. The Deluxe is nothing special except it’s close. So, if you stay at the Best Western, I highly recommend Gino’s for dinner or lunch. You’ll get a NICE breakfast included at the BW.

I’m sure we will be back to the BW – of course that’s based on rate – it is a high end $100/night hotel.

Room Tip: Facing back of hotel and NOT next to a room occupied by a dog
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
phila, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Best qualities were cleanliness and great staff,( which are the most important to me ) other than that just an average hotel, The breakfast needs to be upgraded ,we had 16 in our group and ate there the 1st morning. The next day more than half walked to a nearby diner

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

we stay at the best western plus every april since 2009. nice parking lot and that have a diner on it. the staf is freindly, very professional . there were fifteen of us and we were all on the same floor and next to each other. ginos italian restaurant is only eight city blocks away and the food is great , plus bthe price is right.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Fredericksburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We like this Motel. Nice rooms and the staff is good. Breakfast is adequate. TV is ok and Wi-Fi good. Price is ok. Good food nearby. The motel is easily accessible off of 222. Does not take long to get to shopping. We have been there many times and very rarely do we experience any problems with noise from adjoining rooms which really helps the sleep. The room heater/air conditioner was really quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SAGAR S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed all our amenities as well as our guest service. As you stated, we have a convenient location right off of 222-Business and only miles from the Pennsylvania Turnpike & 422. The Vanity Fair Outlets & local malls are also minutes away from our suburban location.

We sincerely appreciate your continued loyalty to our business and brand. My team and I look forward to your next visit!

Allentown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked a room at the hotel for my annual visit to the Berks Jazz Fest. I found the hotel to be an excellent choice; it is located within easy driving distance to the Jazz venues, and there is an excellent diner within walking distance. The diner has great food and the prices are reasonable. Additionally, the service at the diner is exceptional. As for the Best Western, it will remain my First Choice when attending the jazz fest in the future. I look forward to a healthy and rewarding long term experience with the hotel. Great job!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the Berks Jazz Fest this year, a must see here in Reading, PA. As you experienced, we're minutes away from all Jazzfest venues, and in close proximity to some excellent dining options here in town. The Deluxe Diner has been and remains a local favorite.

My team and I are delighted to hear that we will be your preferred hotel here in the Reading area. We look forward to your next visit!

Sagar Shah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!