“A Great Best Western Plus!”

Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked a 2Q non-smoking room. The room was large and comfortable. It was also clean and the furnishings were excellent. The shower pressure was very good and the internet worked quite well. The staff was friendly and efficient. There were a few issues. There was a dog staying in a room near the elevator that barked every time you went by. Perhaps, they should have pet rooms in areas with less traffic. Also, there was a large group at the breakfast, and you couldn't even get into the small room. That area was also where the smoking rooms apparently were, so the location smelled of smoke. However, everything else was excellent and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Non smokers should stay away from the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were in the area for our Sons College Baseball Championship games. It was very nice staying close to the ballfield. The Best Western was very nice. I would recommend it. Plenty of stores and restaurants close by. We look forward to staying there agin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

General Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful for my stay. The hotel was clean and the breakfast satisfying. The room had all the amenities I needed for my stay. It was conveniently located between Reading and the Amish region.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Never stayed at this hotel prior to this stay. No complaints. Everything was fine. Would definitely return. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is not far from the outlets in Reading and only a short drive to the antique markets in Adamstown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was on a weekend trip to Pennsylvania and my trip was marred by the fact that the hotel did not clean my room thoroughly before allowing me to check in. I was greeted with dead bugs(stink bugs)all over the window sill and the carpet. I was told they would clean the room again, the next day, but, my bed was made, but the carpet still had dead bugs on it the next night. NOt a good experience. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SAGAR S, Owner at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the stink bugs you found in your room. I can assure you this is an isolated incident, as our property is otherwise an extremely clean hotel, with strong preventive measures in place to avoid incidents such as this one. Unfortunately, it appears there was a blip during your stay. Your comments have been shared with my Executive Housekeeper to make sure her team is more thorough in their cleaning.

Stink bugs are historically an issue throughout Berks County, PA. As soon as the weather gets warmer, these bugs appear. It has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the hotel, as they are brought in from outside the property. Of course, this does not mean that our housekeeping staff shouldn't be more alert. I hold them fully accountable for matters such as this one.

My team and I encourage you to give us another chance. Please contact me via e-mail at bestwestern2299@gmail.com and I will ensure your next trip is much more memorable.

Yours in Hospitality,

Sagar Shah

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We’ve stayed here at least five times of the years because we go to Adamstown area flea markets. It was originally a Days Inn and was upgraded when Best Western took over. The rooms are well appointed and the place is clean. We always ask for a higher floor room facing the back as it avoids road traffic noise. The room comes with Microwave and fridge but the fridge can be noisy so we just unplug it. The windows do not open so you need to use the air conditioner/heater. This works find but there is sometimes a draft blowing towards the bed. Still acceptable to us.
Two comments based the stay this time which may add to my previous reviews:

After settling in to our third floor room (# 337) we began hearing the yelping of a dog through the wall. I was not aware that the hotel is pet friendly. I went to the front desk and found out it was. The hotel was sold out so we couldn’t change our room. But –the good news is that within 15 minutes the noise stopped. (thank goodness). So if you are seeking a quiet room, I’ll suggest requesting one faking the back of hotel and requesting a room not next to one that is housing a dog. Many travellers with pets will leave them in the room when they leave.

My other comment is something I commented on before. The front desk is friendly but both times they were not aware of dining options within the area of Shillington. The last two times they did not know about 201 West, a great moderately priced upscale restaurant in Shillington. I found it on Trip Advisor but they never heard of it. This year I looked on TA and found Gino’s a GREAT and REALLY affordable BYOB within 1 ½ miles of the Best Western. It is rated as #1 in Shillington on TA yet the two desk staff never heard of it. I brought back a menu but we think they like to promote the Deluxe Diner which sits next to the Best Western. The Deluxe is nothing special except it’s close. So, if you stay at the Best Western, I highly recommend Gino’s for dinner or lunch. You’ll get a NICE breakfast included at the BW.

I’m sure we will be back to the BW – of course that’s based on rate – it is a high end $100/night hotel.

Room Tip: Facing back of hotel and NOT next to a room occupied by a dog
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Best qualities were cleanliness and great staff,( which are the most important to me ) other than that just an average hotel, The breakfast needs to be upgraded ,we had 16 in our group and ate there the 1st morning. The next day more than half walked to a nearby diner

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Reading

Been to Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!