Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing(Wyomissing)
View Hotel
Penn View Motel(West Reading)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskdeluxe dinerthe breakfast areawafflesroom was cleanparking lotcontinental breakfastnon smoking roomnice breakfastwould stay againnice staycookieseasy accesswe've stayedexcellent hotelstaff was very friendlyconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We are platinum members thru Best Western. At check-in you should be offered free room upgrade if available and a welcoming "gift". I asked about the upgrade only to be told the hotel was completely sold out - NO rooms available. No gift given (although we know most times the most you get is a bottled water!) - clerk was just rushing to get us checked in. At 11:00 pm that evening, we got a phone call from the front desk informing us there was a plumbing problem and to reach the necessary equipment, they would need to go through our room. That meant we would have to move to another room. We had two queen beds, but the only thing they could offer us was a jr. king suite - sounds good, but it meant we ended up with one king and a pull-out couch. I suppose we could have refused, but didn't even consider it. The manager came to assist our move to another room. There were two available. He was cordial and to compensate us, he took 10% off our bill. That was fine, but it proved the earlier statement that they were completely booked was untrue. Did not appreciate that at all.

Breakfast was poor. Microwave eggs and sausage are nasty.

When we asked for a local map, we were told they didn't have any. Period. Wouldn't you expect they would ask where we wanted to go and perhaps give us directions?

At checkout, I made a point to ask about the gift (since I was still not happy that they were not truthful). This was not the same clerk we had at check-in - she said we should have gotten something and would take care of it now. Her attitude bordered on patronizing - she just didn't get the point I was trying to make. I wasn't expecting a box of fine chocolates. A better way to have handled it would have been if someone had just said "thank you for staying with us at Best Western and being a platinum member" and for being willing to change rooms and give up a regular bed for a pull-out couch. Never happened.

Manager was cordial - front desk clerks need some additional training dealing with guests.

1  Thank Maryann H
SAGAR S, Owner at Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing your feedback as we value any and all suggestions our guests can offer to us. I apologize that you were not appropriately accommodated as a Platinum member. My team and I understand that this can be frustrating, considering your loyalty to our brand and your frequent stays at Best Western properties.

That evening, we had a last minute cancellation, which led to an additional Vacant room. Due to the ongoing maintenance emergency, we unfortunately had to relocate you immediately. We acknowledged the inconvenience and as you mentioned, I decided to assist you in lowering your final bill.

We take pride in our customer service, but based on your experience, it appears we did fall short. My team understands how important it is to treat each guest with sincere care. I will be sharing your comments with the front desk, to immediately address areas of improvement.

Please don't hesitate to contact me at 610-777-7888 if you have any further questions or concerns. I hope we can provide you with a much better experience next time you're in the Reading area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I was in reading pa working with allstate and happened across this hotel my first night there. The rooms were clean and the price was very nice. After talking to other allstate employees in the area they all ended up here as well. The desk clerk krystie was always very helpful. I will definitely be back here the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank james t

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay with us! We recently accommodated folks from Allstate as well as other insurance companies due to the recent hail storm in town. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As you could tell, we take pride in the cleanliness of our property and offering our many amenities at a value minded price point.

I will share your kind compliment with Krystle as well. It was our pleasure hosting you and your company here at the Best Western Plus of Reading,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was clean, however some of the furniture had been clawed by a previous guests pet cat, one of the chairs was broken, toilet is too low for anyone over 5'10", came back to our room one night to find the sink was full of debris,obviously from a back up,night manager came up right away and removed the debris and cleaned the sink,over all we were extremely pleased with our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Gary C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing feedback about your stay with us! We apologize about some of the maintenance issues you faced during your stay. We have shared your comments with our maintenance department to ensure that the appropriate preventive measures are being taken.

I'm happy to hear Don was able to help you with the sink backup issue.

My team strives to resolve matters prior to them surfacing through guest complaints. We will continue working hard to make the necessary improvements in our department.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the exceptionally nice service we received upon check-in at the Best Western Plus Reading Inn & Suites. BIG Thank You Krystle for your kind, helpful, and very professional service you showed us on our vacation. You were truly a blessing to us and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy D

Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I were absolutely thrilled to read your review! Thank you for commending Krystle's excellent guest service skills. Nowadays, most brands and hotel properties are becoming very similar with respect to amenities offered. Service will always be the greatest asset for anybody in the hospitality business. We understand this, and work hard to offer the most pleasant guest experience possible.

We also acknowledge the fact that our service can truly impact our guest's stay in a huge fashion. Whether you're here for leisure or business, or perhaps both, we will continue to make each stay a memorable one.

My team and I look forward to your next visit here at the Best Western Plus in Reading, PA.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I found the hotel to be clean. The rooms were clean, roomy, and comfortable. The cookies in the afternoon were terrific. The breakfast is average at best with the usual stuff. I am not fond of microwave eggs and sausage. Location is very good right next to Rt 222. I skipped the diner out front due to the employees smoking in the back. Instead I walked to Paulo's Italian which is more like a sports bar in the back. Terrific! The food was excellent. The environment was really nice and it was very reasonably priced. The place was packed for good reason. I was really happy I went there. It is a 12 minute walk or 2 minute ride. Try the Reading Art Museum as well.

1  Thank gonefishing85

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us! We are happy to see that you enjoyed a comfortable stay at our property. Our freshly baked cookies are a guest favorite and baked by our breakfast attendants on a daily basis.

We are conveniently located right off of 222-Business, and in close proximity to the Pennsylvania Turnpike. As you experienced, there are many dining options in town. Paolo's was an excellent choice as it is a local favorite.

My team and I look forward to your next visit when in the Reading, PA area.