“Disappointing”

Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Service could have been better--a bit slow. Server responded to a question of ours in an insulting manner. Menu selections were limited & could have been listed in a clearer manner. Each member of our party reacted the same to their entries in saying "it was okay". Atmosphere was too active, not relaxing. Prices were too high for quality. Looked forward to the experience for 5 years, will not be returning or recommending.

1  Thank jnordblomhannum

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first time at Judy's on Cherry, but certainly not our last. Of our 4 entrees, each one exceeded our expectations (of course, we only had friends' recommendations to go on). The server engaged us with good listening skills, professionalism, humor, and great fun. The room (inside) was eclectic in style and tastefully decorated. Pesto, prime ribs, salmon - all excellent. And the desserts had the artist's touch - very, very good!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

When my husband and I want a great meal, with wonderful atmosphere and excellent service we head for Judy's on Cherry. This has been one of our top five restaurants for many reasons. The menu is always fresh and noveau. The restaurant itself is filled with color from paintings to flower arrangements and local art is displayed. It's just a feel good place for a special meal. The complimentary focaccia hot out of the oven is super addicting. The restaurant is part of a small complex of dining venues. You can head downstairs to The Speckled Hen with its pub like atmosphere and roaring fire, perfect for a fall or winter's night. Or you can head outside to charming Plen Aire reminiscent of a European café. Wonderful summertime offerings, cocktails and décor with a special ambience in a bricked courtyard.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been to Judy's several times and it has always been great. The best food in Berks County.
The Cocnut cake is to die for. The wood oven baked flat bread basket served with olive oil is my downfall. I try to stay away from it so I have room for my meal.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

really love judy's on cherry. from the food, to the atmosphere, to the service. everything is top notch. their wood fired oven makes the most delicious flat breads and pizzas, my favorites. for my husband he always orders the unusual and judy serves them up aplenty. going into reading is not problem for us. ample parking for $1 right across the street. always feel safe day or night. don't miss this gem of a restaurant.

Been to Judy's On Cherry? Share your experiences!