“THIS PLACE STINKS”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If this place were a movie it would be directed to video. The only good thing about this place is that it's within walking distance of the Reading Phillies ballpark.

The place smells funky and the deadbolts on my room door were broken. My room also had two doors. One to the hallway and the other for the parking lot. The parking lot door didn't secure properly. Anyone could have walked in and taken my stuff. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Room Tip: Stay in Hamburg, PA
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank eaglesfan1973

Reviewed 31 July 2013

So I went to this place for a 2 night stay for work my room was disgusting one person was complaining that the smell of cat Pee was in there room u walk out to the pool theres a ton of people screaming at eachother over the balcony there was one girl on in the morning was extremely nice tryed to do everything everyone needed her name was Britt they dont have enough staff housekeeping sucks they never want to do there jobs and the older lady that works there acts like were a burdon. Like we're ur guests this is where u step up and fix the problem but they didn't seem to get it at all. Most of them are just lasy they should have at least 2 people at the counter to help and have fresh towels ready when we need them !!!! Ugg never stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This place is scary and we worried about our family's safety. Located in a rough part of town. The bar, attached to the hotel, is open until 2am and very loud and busy. Seems to be the the place for the town to drink. Our assigned room was next to some day workers who had been drinking with over a dozen empty cans outside their door. They may live there. I was offered a different room. The carpet in the next room was filthy, the room was stinky, and the curtains would not close without taping them. One set of doors to the outside (there were two sets of doors, one to an inside hall, the other to an outside sidewalk) were bolted shut. The light bulbs were missing from the fixture (probably to keep you from seeing the dirt). We did not take our shoes off because of the dirt. Kept all the luggage in the bathtub because everything was so dirty, didn't know what might contaminate things. Bathroom was awful. Toilet was an industrial power flush with a flusher you step on. LOUD. This is a hotel reminds me of the weekly places many homeless live. I can't believe choice hotels allows this place in their inventory. I don't think it can be renovated. They just need to tear it down. Avoid this place.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Well, I read all the reviews and decided to go anyway because it was close to the Airport where the WW2 weekend was being held. The gentleman at the counter was very accommodating. When we got to the room we noticed a large gap in the door (good thing it was summer). 3 of the 4 lights didn't work, so we had to move the table to the sink area to play cards. I did take pictures of the comforter with all the burn holes (noticed someone got a bill for that after they got home). They didn't change the housekeeping very well.While trying to plug in our phone, we noticed the baseboards are full of dust, and so was the back of the TV. While getting coffee in the morning, one manager just reached in front of me to fill the juice, and never said excuse me, or waited till I was done. I think they are slowly updating their bathrooms. Ours was pretty new, but other guests complained about mold. I did notice the very musty smell in the hall way and an attendant constantly fabreezing it. Its located at the end of downtown Reading, and next to Muehlenberg. Don't make a left out of there, its all slums and prostitutes. And they come to the motel all hours of the nights. Not sure if the managers are aware of this, but next year I'll pay a little extra and drive a little further for some peace of mind.

Room Tip: Go up further to Muehlenberg and find a Holiday Inn. Its a very nice town.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The check in process was a disaster. Only one person who was working very hard while another person just seemed to sit back and watch while guests waited. While checking in, I said that I wanted the AAA discount -- this seemed to set everything back to zero and the waiting continued while one person worked very hard (although not effeciently) and another just watched. The rooms and corridors smelled awful. Breakfast was some Costco croissants and coffee. Sad even for a Rodeway. Ice machine was broken -- and apparently an AA conference was being held. I notice that some guest paid $70 for the night -- way too much -- and even with AAA discount, our room was almost $100. No matter what -- I will never stay at this dump again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I realized going into my two night stay that this hotel was 2 star. So did not expect to much...sheets and towels could of been whiter and a little more elbow grease done by housekeeping. Customer service needs improvement as well from some staff. Overall not afraid to go back, but would never pay more than $70 a night for this place.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I booked 8 rooms for our State Bowling Tournament, and this hotel,was horrible. The drains would let the water out. We had tomwaitma least an hour for the next person to shower. The rooms were dirty, god knows what we didn't see. The gentleman at the front desk was very rude and not accomodating at all. Never again will I book a Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Econo Lodge Northeast
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!