The title pretty much sums up the highlights of our 2 night stay.
- Our telephone was broken, so we had no way to contact the front desk.
- The non-smoking room smelt so badly of smoke that I had to Febreze my luggage, and leave it outside in the sun for 3 days to get the smell out, and it still lingers when the luggage gets damp, a year later!!
- We found mouse traps behind the nightstand (unoccupied, thank GAWD!!) and others we talked to said the same.
- The bathroom was filthy, to the point that I showered with my flip flops on - and used the towel I'd brought from home.
- When we WALKED down to the front desk to complain (walked there, because our phone was broken!) , and ask to switch rooms, the staff told us there was nothing they could do, and had no more rooms. The girl at the desk tried to be nice, but was obviously totally worn down from all the other complaints.
- There is a nightclub in the lobby, and there was loud music, swearing, and a fight that broke out while we were coming in on our 2nd night.
I've been to many budget type hotels and been very happy - but this was horrifying! I can't imagine how this hotel is allowed to stay open -does the board of health not check on this type of thing??? I honestly considered sleeping in my car on the second night.... No kidding. It was that bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Rodeway Inn Reading in Berks County, Pennsylvania, a thriving industrial community that is also rich in heritage and culture. Our beautiful hotel is located on the outskirts of Reading. We are the first hotel off the Warren Street Bypass. The area is graced with beautiful countryside and scenic country roads. Our city is home to the Greater Reading Expo Center, which is one of the largest regional exhibition centers on the East Coast. Discover Reading's unique history and diverse cultural heritage at the Historical Society of Berks County and Reading Public Museum. Plan a relaxing day at the Dana Memorial, Tulpehocken Creek Valley, or Blue Marsh Lake Parks. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you will find something for everyone in Reading, Pennsylvania.Our hotel offers the Legends Restaurant and Lounge, open Monday to Saturday from 12pm - 2am and on Sunday from 4pm - 2am, so you won't have to go far for a great classic American meal. Other local restaurants include Pizza Hut, Alebrije Mexican Restaurant, Jumbo China Buffet, and Charlie Brown's Steakhouse.Americas Best Value Inn Reading offers 80 comfortable and clean guest rooms equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, satellite TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. We also have a seasonal outdoor pool, exercise facility, and guest laundromat. Our front desk and lobby are open around the clock. We invite you to hold your next event in one of our spacious banquet facilities. Our friendly and experienced staff invites you to be our guest and enjoy the value of staying with us. At Rodeway Inn Reading, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Reading
- Americas Best Value Inn Reading