Had three rooms booked for a two night stay for a short family vacation. Ended up checking out after one night. This was undoubtedly the filthiest, most disgusting place I have ever stayed. The rooms smelled of mold and urine; no working door locks or smoke detectors and the refrigerator had a towel in it to soak up the leaking water. There was one wall plug for the entire room which had a six-socket adaptor with six wires plugged into it. Looked like a fire waiting to start. Bathroom consisted of a toilet that must have been lifted from a high school gymnasium stall. Tub had black footprints and someone else's hair in it. Moldy black grout covered the walls and the soap holder was broken off the wall. I went to the front desk to request a can of cleanser and a sponge to clean my own tub and was asked to "shush" because I was too loud with my request!
Every public area is covered in filthy greasy fingerprints, even the entrance door to the lobby! Wallpaper is peeling off the brown-streaked walls and the room furniture is falling apart. I had to remove the mattress to check for bedbugs before going to sleep. At 10:45pm the local (one-block away) ball stadium set off a fireworks show. I thought it was a gunfight in the courtyard area and almost called the police! I lost my prepaid $285 by checking out one day early and the front desk refused to give me a receipt indicating my overpayment. Their excuse was that I didn't owe anything so "the receipt would just come out blank anyway". I called another hotel within hours after checking in here and moved immediately the next morning. The manager I spoke with at the new place I reserved said he frequently has calls from guests at the Ramada asking to move.
I didn't have the stomach to try to visit the restaurant/bar. There was a motorcycle club parked in front of it most of the time and anyway the room took away my appetite.
If you still want to stay in this place, I suggest you do it quickly before the Board of Health shuts it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Rodeway Inn Reading in Berks County, Pennsylvania, a thriving industrial community that is also rich in heritage and culture. Our beautiful hotel is located on the outskirts of Reading. We are the first hotel off the Warren Street Bypass. The area is graced with beautiful countryside and scenic country roads. Our city is home to the Greater Reading Expo Center, which is one of the largest regional exhibition centers on the East Coast. Discover Reading's unique history and diverse cultural heritage at the Historical Society of Berks County and Reading Public Museum. Plan a relaxing day at the Dana Memorial, Tulpehocken Creek Valley, or Blue Marsh Lake Parks. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you will find something for everyone in Reading, Pennsylvania.Our hotel offers the Legends Restaurant and Lounge, open Monday to Saturday from 12pm - 2am and on Sunday from 4pm - 2am, so you won't have to go far for a great classic American meal. Other local restaurants include Pizza Hut, Alebrije Mexican Restaurant, Jumbo China Buffet, and Charlie Brown's Steakhouse.Americas Best Value Inn Reading offers 80 comfortable and clean guest rooms equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, satellite TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. We also have a seasonal outdoor pool, exercise facility, and guest laundromat. Our front desk and lobby are open around the clock. We invite you to hold your next event in one of our spacious banquet facilities. Our friendly and experienced staff invites you to be our guest and enjoy the value of staying with us. At Rodeway Inn Reading, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Reading
- Americas Best Value Inn Reading